Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I really don't intend to confront you, but what does this mean? There is a real risk of being misunderstood with such a statement.

I mean the entitlement of our fanbase needs binning nothing more than that. 

And people can probably choose to get offended by it which is entirely their choice.

Two blokes behind me booed at half time... A bloke asked them why they were booing and they said we should be beating teams like this by 3 or 4! 

The self entitlement is ridiculous and the sooner it goes the better. If we do go up the worry for me is fans are going to expect us to be top 6 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I mean the entitlement of our fanbase needs binning nothing more than that. 

And people can probably choose to get offended by it which is entirely their choice.

Of course - and doing away with that entitlement is going to be very difficult, because a lot of it is societal, and we have also been very spoilt as LCFC fans.

25 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

Need to start singing "Loyal supporters" at 85 minutes when people are walking out.

It's really getting embarrassing (Sorry for using that term as I know it winds people up, BUT it is)

I know I'm a moaner at times, but I never leave early.

Top of the league, winning 3-0 and the stadium is half empty at full time.

Imagine what the players and staff are thinking when they applaud the fans at the end and only Johnny and him mum are waving back.

There HAS to be people on here who walk out early, please give some rationale why you do it. ( Yes we ALL want to avoid the traffic and get home 10 minutes early so please dont BS with that one... come on?)

36 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Two blokes behind me booed at half time... A bloke asked them why they were booing and they said we should be beating teams like this by 3 or 4! 

The self entitlement is ridiculous and the sooner it goes the better. If we do go up the worry for me is fans are going to expect us to be top 6 

Do they realise the game is only half way done at half time? The fact that we did beat them 3-0 ffs! Guy next to me is the same, constantly complaining about our first half performances, yet it’s largely the same end result with us turning it on in the second half. People are just so dim.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
37 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

This is it for me, no sense of reality amongst these people and they're the first to slag off the team when it goes wrong.

Weirdly, I think the extension could help if it's done in the right way. More match-day tickets available to grow the fanbase, make the tickets in SK1 cheaper for younger fans to encourage vocal support and install rail seating. We'll sell 40,000 for the big names, but I do suspect that games against Luton, Bournemouth and Burnley would make General Sale if the club reintroduced it. 

It's gone a bit stale because we are at capacity and relegation hasn't created any gaps. There was a bit of an expectation that we'd be competitive this season and the reality has more than borne that out, so Sue and Keith aren't going to give up their ST when we're all but certain to be back in the PL next season. If we were 13th, folk would stop coming and gaps for passionate fans might be recreated. 

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Weirdly, I think the extension could help if it's done in the right way. More match-day tickets available to grow the fanbase, make the tickets in SK1 cheaper for younger fans to encourage vocal support and install rail seating. We'll sell 40,000 for the big names, but I do suspect that games against Luton, Bournemouth and Burnley would make General Sale if the club reintroduced it. 

It's gone a bit stale because we are at capacity and relegation hasn't created any gaps. There was a bit of an expectation that we'd be competitive this season and the reality has more than borne that out, so Sue and Keith aren't going to give up their ST when we're all but certain to be back in the PL next season. If we were 13th, folk would stop coming and gaps for passionate fans might be recreated. 

The expansion is absolutely huge if we want to improve the atmosphere and I don’t mean with more fans, just the location of where the vocal fans need to go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

The expansion is absolutely huge if we want to improve the atmosphere and I don’t mean with more fans, just the location of where the vocal fans need to go. 

It would be the perfect time to rearrange the seating plan for a larger singing section which would mean relocating season ticket holders, but I guarantee that won't happen.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I'd honestly take the opportunity to extend the singing section and encourage quieter fans in blocks near to it to move to the new upper tier.

Perhaps make the tickets dirt cheap for over sixties in the East Stand Upper and do the same for under 30s in SK1 and adjacent blocks, as well as rail seating. That way we encourage young, new and vocal fans to gather in the areas of the ground where the atmosphere already exists rather than space them out as is currently the case.

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It would be the perfect time to rearrange the seating plan for a larger singing section which would mean relocating season ticket holders, but I guarantee that won't happen.

It has to. L1 are going to have to move so if they want to stand and sing, there’s only one place they can go for that. I know the club got absolute dogs abuse when they did it previously. Top is the one who requested for the singing section to happen. Only reason it did. 

13 hours ago, Raj said:

Having gone to the Birmingham  away game and then comparing itvtiday in L1 it's like chalk and cheese.

Really didnt realise how sh1te L1 has become now.

Years back it was L1 singing "loyal supporters" or whatever when people left early. People cried about it back then as well. L1 looked like this yesterday: 

received_6659694884140995.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

I'd honestly take the opportunity to extend the singing section and encourage quieter fans in blocks near to it to move to the new upper tier.

Perhaps make the tickets dirt cheap for over sixties in the East Stand Upper and do the same for under 30s in SK1 and adjacent blocks, as well as rail seating. That way we encourage young, new and vocal fans to gather in the areas of the ground where the atmosphere already exists rather than space them out as is currently the case.

I completely agree, problem is there is so much stubbornness in the fanbase those quieter fans won’t move. In the section now, you’ve got people in there that used to sit there that don’t join in. 

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

It has to. L1 are going to have to move so if they want to stand and sing, there’s only one place they can go for that. I know the club got absolute dogs abuse when they did it previously. Top is the one who requested for the singing section to happen. Only reason it did. 

Exactly, and it creates a golden opportunity to create one big singing section if L1 is going to be in the away end. 

The whole Kop might be a bit ambitious at first, but all of SK1 and G1 as a singing section with rail seating is very achievable.

5 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I completely agree, problem is there is so much stubbornness in the fanbase those quieter fans won’t move. In the section now, you’ve got people in there that used to sit there that don’t join in. 

You'll always get some, but if you offer big discounts to fans who wish to relocate because they don't want to be in the singing section or end up at a rail seat, you may have more traction.

Saving a couple of hundred quid and being able to sit in a quiet section and watch the game rather than pay full price to stand all game and be surrounded by noise might tempt some of our older fans. 

Edited by Bilo

Just now, Bilo said:

You'll always get some, but if you offer big discounts to fans who wish to relocate because they don't want to be in the singing section or end up at a rail seat, you may have more traction.

Saving a couple of hundred quid and being able to sit in a quiet section and watch the game rather than pay full price to stand all game and be surrounded by noise might tempt some of our older fan

I completely agree but it’s whether the club would sacrifice revenue for an atmosphere. I don’t think it’s a big enough issue for those in the club to care about sadly. Great idea though