Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I really respect UFS and the work they've done, the TIFOs and the push for a singing section etc, but some members really don't help themselves (and I'm on your side!) on social media - it gives people ammunition to 'have a pop' - it can really come across as the moral high ground sometimes when all we all want is for the atmosphere to improve

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I completely agree but it’s whether the club would sacrifice revenue for an atmosphere. I don’t think it’s a big enough issue for those in the club to care about sadly. Great idea though 

It depends how it's done. If it leads to more season ticket sales, the club won't be scrabbling to fill empty seats when we're playing Luton instead of Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

It depends how it's done. If it leads to more season ticket sales, the club won't be scrabbling to fill empty seats when we're playing Luton instead of Liverpool. 

When the seating plan of it begins, there needs to be a few meetings with the club regarding how things will be done. I really hope it can change for the better. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Raj said:

Need to start singing "Loyal supporters" at 85 minutes when people are walking out.

It's really getting embarrassing (Sorry for using that term as I know it winds people up, BUT it is)

I know I'm a moaner at times, but I never leave early.

Top of the league, winning 3-0 and the stadium is half empty at full time.

Imagine what the players and staff are thinking when they applaud the fans at the end and only Johnny and him mum are waving back.

There HAS to be people on here who walk out early, please give some rationale why you do it. ( Yes we ALL want to avoid the traffic and get home 10 minutes early so please dont BS with that one... come on?)

‘Loyal Supporters’ was sung

why are you complaining they can get home 5 mins early?

8 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

When the seating plan of it begins, there needs to be a few meetings with the club regarding how things will be done. I really hope it can change for the better. 

Realistically, the closest you're getting to a silver bullet is a standing area. The only kind of fan who will choose that over a seat is the kind of fan who will want to contribute to, or at least be among, the singing and atmosphere.

The fans who will want to stay where they are come hell or high water because they've had that seat since the ground was built will reassess once that seat is effectively no longer there. The trick is to make sure they still want to come and not cancel their ST altogether, which is where the extension comes in.

Just now, Bilo said:

Realistically, the closest you're getting to a silver bullet is a standing area. The only kind of fan who will choose that over a seat is the kind of fan who will want to contribute to, or at least be among, the singing and atmosphere.

The fans who will want to stay where they are come hell or high water because they've had that seat since the ground was built will reassess once that seat is effectively no longer there. The trick is to make sure they still want to come and not cancel their ST altogether, which is where the extension comes in.

Yeah, I think the best we can hope for is safe standing in the sk1 and G1 bit. I know the club have reservations about paying the 500k to do it if you can believe it 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 minutes ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

I really respect UFS and the work they've done, the TIFOs and the push for a singing section etc, but some members really don't help themselves (and I'm on your side!) on social media - it gives people ammunition to 'have a pop' - it can really come across as the moral high ground sometimes when all we all want is for the atmosphere to improve

It must be hard when people have a pop at them for a chant that they didn't even start. I've been critical in the past but some people have it in for them. Unfairly in my opinion.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

29 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Years back it was L1 singing "loyal supporters" or whatever when people left early. People cried about it back then as well. L1 looked like this yesterday: 

received_6659694884140995.jpeg

It's gone mate.

I've been in L1 since the beginning  and the only thing keeping me there are the people around me who I've got to know as friends.

If I was 30 years younger I'd be in with the UFS boys.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It must be hard when people have a pop at them for a chant that they didn't even start. I've been critical in the past but some people have it in for them. Unfairly in my opinion.

agreed and not aimed at that at all, I found it funny. 

it is more some of them need to realise its not an us v them in terms of atmosphere, we're all responsible for it rather than self selected fans !

Re people leaving early my mate didnt get there at all.He was always talking in detail about games he hadnt seen so this year took 2 memberships and has only been to one match so far .He had tickets for yesterday and I saw him in the evening when he said 'didnt make the game too much to do ' for Xmas .He is going away to a hotel for Xmas so minimal shopping and I pointed out that kick off wasnt until 3 pm.Wasted 60 notes and someone else could have sat there?

10 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Re people leaving early my mate didnt get there at all.He was always talking in detail about games he hadnt seen so this year took 2 memberships and has only been to one match so far .He had tickets for yesterday and I saw him in the evening when he said 'didnt make the game too much to do ' for Xmas .He is going away to a hotel for Xmas so minimal shopping and I pointed out that kick off wasnt until 3 pm.Wasted 60 notes and someone else could have sat there?

I would unfriendly him if I was you!

As I didn’t go yesterday, I have just caught up with the last couple of pages and and Twitter comments and I can’t believe the sh1t that’s being said. I only hope that when the ground expansion happens and should the ufs lads move, then it’s made into a section that wants to chant along.. Anyone who refuses to give up their seat or slags ufs down to the ground now can politely f**k off to as far away as possible.. Oh and take Marky mark with you.. 

IMG_2714.thumb.jpeg.6223889745d646d8784311fe12140f91.jpegIMG_2714.thumb.jpeg.6223889745d646d8784311fe12140f91.jpegIn 

24 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

As I didn’t go yesterday, I have just caught up with the last couple of pages and and Twitter comments and I can’t believe the sh1t that’s being said. I only hope that when the ground expansion happens and should the ufs lads move, then it’s made into a section that wants to chant along.. Anyone who refuses to give up their seat or slags ufs down to the ground now can politely f**k off to as far away as possible.. Oh and take Marky mark with you.. 

IMG_2714.thumb.jpeg.6223889745d646d8784311fe12140f91.jpegIMG_2714.thumb.jpeg.6223889745d646d8784311fe12140f91.jpegIn 

I refuse to believe that Marky mark isn’t a parody account. He honestly is the exact problem with the fanbase (if he’s legit) 

2 hours ago, foxgas said:

On the positive side if you stay,like we do, to applaud the team off, the toilets are less crowded when you do leave. It's also much easier to get a bus up to city centre. We have several people on our row who turn up after kickoff, go down to the concourse ten minutes before half time, come back up after second half kickoff and leave ten minutes early, very odd, seem to miss half the game. I can't believe it's the attraction of possibly the worst, and most expensive,food and drink in the country.

There are loads of fans that do this, in a season they must miss something like 2 or 3 whole games, add in the 20-25 minute piss run as well.

I find it bizarre, would you do that at the cinema?

The ones that really baffle me are those that pay over the odds to park in the car park behind the kop, you walk out after the players have left the pitch and they are lined up like the start of a Grand Prix, sitting there for what?

30-45 minutes until it’s cleared, how much of the game does Max Verstappen right at the front of the line miss to claim his spot?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I was told by someone in the club it was him that requested it 🤷‍♀️ but I don’t know maybe they were lying 

Same Top that stood their shaking his head at and most likely moaning to Rudkin about SK1 after the Palace game last season?

i dont get the big gripe with people leaving early, all the wet wipes making a massive deal about it,

so can we give the same shit to people going down a few mins before the end of the first half?

yeah ive left before the end loads of times, but ive been to numerous games with broke bones too etc when out wet wipes wouldnt.

some people who go have work the same day and with the state of the traffic around the ground....can be a right pain

maybe some need to focus on themselves and on the pitch instead of others 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont get the big gripe with people leaving early, all the wet wipes making a massive deal about it,

so can we give the same shit to people going down a few mins before the end of the first half?

yeah ive left before the end loads of times, but ive been to numerous games with broke bones too etc when out wet wipes wouldnt.

some people who go have work the same day and with the state of the traffic around the ground....can be a right pain

maybe some need to focus on themselves and on the pitch instead of others 

You could be an author with that amount of excuses lol 

• Haha 3