Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

You could be an author with that amount of excuses lol 

facts mind, its bottom of the barrel some of our "fans" moaning about it again.

look at the other side of it, least they made the effort to go rather than sit at home etc

its pretty pathetic some of our fans thinking, then again think some have an IQ of a ****ing walnut

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont get the big gripe with people leaving early, all the wet wipes making a massive deal about it,

so can we give the same shit to people going down a few mins before the end of the first half?

yeah ive left before the end loads of times, but ive been to numerous games with broke bones too etc when out wet wipes wouldnt.

some people who go have work the same day and with the state of the traffic around the ground....can be a right pain

maybe some need to focus on themselves and on the pitch instead of others 

I don't like it when people leave early, but i'm not enjoying this self pitying assumption that its somehow limited to Leicester fans.  I've been to loads of grounds where people are streaming out early. People do have things going on in their lives - the lady behind us has to get to work and a family near us travel a long way.  It's hard to get angry with them over it.

We stayed after the West Ham game and people on here called me a melt. We knew it was the last time we would see Maddison and Barnes. Although, a video of us was plastered all over Sky Sports News and a picture of my boy trended on TikTok :ph34r:) so maybe should have left early!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't like it when people leave early, but i'm not enjoying this self pitying assumption that its somehow limited to Leicester fans.  I've been to loads of grounds where people are streaming out early. People do have things going on in their lives - the lady behind us has to get to work and a family near us travel a long way.  It's hard to get angry with them over it.

We stayed after the West Ham game and people on here called me a melt. We knew it was the last time we would see Maddison and Barnes. Although, a video of us was plastered all over Sky Sports News and a picture of my boy trended on TikTok :ph34r:) so maybe should have left early!

dont get me wrong its annoying etc, like people who arrive late, but it aint the biggest deal in the world; like some of our fans try to make it out to be,

bigger issues in and around fans imo, like the club not putting tickets on general sale

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Right, Jan 1st outside the kop, team union FS v team Union FA (eff all). Fight to the death, last people standing get their way. 

Team union FA would only leave half way through.

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I refuse to believe that Marky mark isn’t a parody account. He honestly is the exact problem with the fanbase (if he’s legit) 

He isn’t. He’s a special type of character what screams attention. When he’s actually asked to back up his opinion, he goes quiet 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

He isn’t. He’s a special type of character what screams attention. When he’s actually asked to back up his opinion, he goes quiet 

His only back up is filming from the top of the section at the moment it goes quiet and states how terrible ufs are and have been the entire game.. he’s a ufs hater, a bit like mr guest lol

22 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

His only back up is filming from the top of the section at the moment it goes quiet and states how terrible ufs are and have been the entire game.. he’s a ufs hater, a bit like mr guest lol

And yet he has a UFS organised tifo as his banner pic on Twitter/x 

people wonder why some of the UFS guys get annoyed well there you go. 

He wears novelty head gear to games. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I don't get the travelling a long way argument. The lad and myself travel a long way but all the more reason to stay and make the most of every minute after making the effort. 

Dont disagree. We are nearby now but for a while travelled about 130 miles for the game and always stayed till the end but sometimes was getting home really really late! If we had  young kids, it might have been a different story. Was just saying i can't get angry at anyone who travels a long way. 

50 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I would just say it’s largely down to manners, you get the people that are appreciative in life and the people who will think I’ll do whatever I want as it’s my money and time… 

sad but true 

Definitely. Self entitlement rules in the modern world.  We'll turn around one day and look at the bland selfish landscape we've created devoid of tradition and respecting a collective idea of  togetherness.  But hey.. we'll be able to take photos to get some likes or tell our mates we're actually going to a game. F*** building an atmosphere or a bond with the actual team we're supposed to be supporting. I mean, what do I get from that??

Edited by Batfink77
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Dont disagree. We are nearby now but for a while travelled about 130 miles for the game and always stayed till the end but sometimes was getting home really really late! If we had  young kids, it might have been a different story. Was just saying i can't get angry at anyone who travels a long way. 

I'm not sure if leaving early would get us home any earlier. Usually depends how long we stay in the services. I quite enjoy the drive home listening to the late kick-off commentary and the phone-ins. 

It's really not worth getting angry. Interesting to hear why some are just so desparate to get away for so little gain when surely it's a place you want to be. Copycat, Fomo or something, probably. I don't like it whatever it is. 

• Like 1

Its always happened though, I've been going for 40 years they've always been people streaming for the exit before the end.   It will never stop.  Maybe because we have all seater stadiums its more noticeable these days.

I wouldn't let it bother you because it won't change.  

• Like 3

I leave a minute early to avoid that very shit, shit music that chimes in at the final whistle and humiliated us last season on the few occasions that we actually found the back of the ****ing net. The person responsible should be publicly pilloried outside the ground on match day and made to complete some season long Sisyphean punishment and futile soul destroying task such as cleaning the toilets by L1 and moderating matchday threads for 20 hours a day with that stupid refrain on repeat. It should be piped into his head during his every waking hour. 

Complete embarrassment. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Its always happened though, I've been going for 40 years they've always been people streaming for the exit before the end.   It will never stop.  Maybe because we have all seater stadiums its more noticeable these days.

I wouldn't let it bother you because it won't change.  

Never on this scale though that I can remember. I don't recall huge blocks of the stadium being empty even when the game is on a knife edge. 

Trouble is ... I think metaphorically we're on a downhill snowball here.

Some people used to leave on 89 minutes "to beat the traffic".    Other people then thought "that's a good idea" and also started to leave on 89 minutes.

The trouble is, so many people then did this that original 89 minute leavers are no longer getting away fast enough.  So they had to leave a couple of minutes earlier.

Then still more people think, they'd better do the same.   So now we have lots of 87 minute leavers.

ah, but the original 89 minute leavers, now the 87 minute leavers, are back where they started and no longer at the front of the queue.   So have got to leave a couple more minutes earlier.   So now it's the 85 minute leavers.

It's got so bad now that it's almost getting funny (in a black comedy sort of way).

The only question is ... how early are the original leavers prepared to go "to beat the traffic" ?  80 minutes?  60 minutes?  half time?  kick off?   when they arrive?

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 1

All I'm saying is, we got clappers towards the end of the season we looked like certainties for relegation, and we miraculously survived. We then won the premier league. Etc etc....

Then people decided that the clappers weren't a pure enough form of supporting the team and whined constantly until the clappers got dropped. Then we got relegated.

Look, we're top of the league, playing good football under and exciting young manager... can't people just enjoy that for a bit?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Surprised anyone, at all, still goes to the King Power after the way the Club treated the Fans last season. It was a disgrace, I surrendered my long-held season ticket after the way the Club disregarded the fans' concerns and carried on relentlessly last year. Last season was an utter disgrace and the Club should be ashamed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Where I was yesterday towards the top of P1.. we all stood throughout the game, made noise with our hands and mouths.. only for the team to only go and thank the South stand and half the west stand for coming.. was disappointing to see that.. works both ways considering we always stay to applaud the team.

Was a lot of people leaving early again but as annoying as I find it, that's their right to do so I guess 

37 minutes ago, Batfink77 said:

As the Club loves to play music - perhaps we could persuade them to play that Benny Hill melody as all these people desperately get up to beat the others who are just as desperate to 'beat the traffic'.  At least it'd make it mildly humerous to watch the embarrassing spectacle.

Brilliant!    Huddersfield home on 85 mins, I'm going to be humming this tune ...