Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Guest Chocolate Teapot
50 minutes ago, Batfink77 said:

As the Club loves to play music - perhaps we could persuade them to play that Benny Hill melody as all these people desperately get up to beat the others who are just as desperate to 'beat the traffic'.  At least it'd make it mildly humerous to watch the embarrassing spectacle.

This would be incredible 

1 hour ago, Batfink77 said:

As the Club loves to play music - perhaps we could persuade them to play that Benny Hill melody as all these people desperately get up to beat the others who are just as desperate to 'beat the traffic'.  At least it'd make it mildly humerous to watch the embarrassing spectacle.

Would be funny especially if loads joined in,  am now singing this round the house laughing 😃 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Where I was yesterday towards the top of P1.. we all stood throughout the game, made noise with our hands and mouths.. only for the team to only go and thank the South stand and half the west stand for coming.. was disappointing to see that.. works both ways considering we always stay to applaud the team.

In the nicest possible way of saying and I understand your point but I said something a couple of weeks ago, similar to if the ground don’t put the effort in then don’t blame the team when they go to the ones that do.. it’s great that people are trying to make an effort in other parts of the ground, but since the start of the season its been quiet many times and only recently is it starting to develop. I think collectively if each side is making an effort then the team will notice that and extend the walk around after full time

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

Then people decided that the clappers weren't a pure enough form of supporting the team and whined constantly until the clappers got dropped. Then we got relegated.

They made a re appearance at end of last season to no avail. 

Simply wasnt sustainable for a club to keep dropping three figures on orders of cardboard. Let alone environmental waste concerns 

Edited by CosbehFox

29 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

In the nicest possible way of saying and I understand your point but I said something a couple of weeks ago, similar to if the ground don’t put the effort in then don’t blame the team when they go to the ones that do.. it’s great that people are trying to make an effort in other parts of the ground, but since the start of the season its been quiet many times and only recently is it starting to develop. I think collectively if each side is making an effort then the team will notice that and extend the walk around after full time

Personally feel that even if just one person stays and claps in a section of the crowd the team should go over to them.. shouldn't be pick and choose... fans pay, players are paid.

Is what it is though, just a little disappointing, more so for my kids who wanted to wave to the team. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

They made a re appearance at end of last season to no avail. 

Simply wasnt sustainable for a club to keep dropping three figures on orders of cardboard. Let alone environmental waste concerns 

I mean that'd hold water if they didn't still print the things and try to force them in your hand as you come through the turnstiles 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I am an Ostrich said:

The couple next to me normally turn up 5 mins after kick off, go down at about 35/40mins for half time, come back 5 mins after kick off for second half, then go to toilet half way through second half and leave about 85 mins, lol whats the point?

I saw Monchengladbach and at the end of the match as is custom abroad the players went to applaud the Ultras...the scenes were incredible huge end, tonnes of flags, pyro and immense noise...this is after the match had finished......The difference is that in places like Germany the club is a huge part of the ultras lives and the whole week is dedicated to the match, whereas in England its only for 2 hours a week.

Must be a culture shock for players and managers from countries like Germany to go from the scenes like i saw at Monchengladbach in Germany to England where they are faced with a few fans politely clapping as they make their way out the ground.

You only have to look at Scotland to see a little hope though, for so long the scenes like you have in Germany seemed distant and 'foreign' but now they can been seen in the UK.

Change can happen.

36 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean that'd hold water if they didn't still print the things and try to force them in your hand as you come through the turnstiles 

The biggest kick in the teeth to the hate the clappers brigade is that so many choose to use them. Opponents are often grumpy old men and aggressive young men. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simonb said:

Personally feel that even if just one person stays and claps in a section of the crowd the team should go over to them.. shouldn't be pick and choose... fans pay, players are paid.

Is what it is though, just a little disappointing, more so for my kids who wanted to wave to the team. 

Yes, ideally the players would thank anyone left at the end. However, given the fact the majority of "fans" (attendees is probably a better word) don't put any effort in, you can't blame them on focussing on areas they appreciate. And it's not down to your individual effort, unfortunately, it's just the area you were sat in generically.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, ideally the players would thank anyone left at the end. However, given the fact the majority of "fans" (attendees is probably a better word) don't put any effort in, you can't blame them on focussing on areas they appreciate. And it's not down to your individual effort, unfortunately, it's just the area you were sat in generically.

Yea, tis a shame.. used to sit in sk1 with my dad and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Only recently started going again because the kids have started showing an interest now and monies a little more available (albeit still limited like everyone else), so we've been getting tickets between p1 and p2.

Most important thing is the kids are really enjoying going, maybe when they get a bit older then we can go on the other side of the stadium.  

Is disappointing to see how many people leave early, the singing section looks like the away end of the ground.. they do a great job, but shows how flat it is so I do understand Enzo prioritises them, but I still think regardless they should do a lap  takes 2 mins 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

The biggest kick in the teeth to the hate the clappers brigade is that so many choose to use them.

A line from the song "Going Underground" springs to mind ... "And the public wants what the public gets".

Stick a clapper into someone's hand, and half of them will think it's what they want, and end up using it like performing seals.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, MS0204 said:

As I didn’t go yesterday, I have just caught up with the last couple of pages and and Twitter comments and I can’t believe the sh1t that’s being said. I only hope that when the ground expansion happens and should the ufs lads move, then it’s made into a section that wants to chant along.. Anyone who refuses to give up their seat or slags ufs down to the ground now can politely f**k off to as far away as possible.. Oh and take Marky mark with you.. 

IMG_2714.thumb.jpeg.6223889745d646d8784311fe12140f91.jpegIMG_2714.thumb.jpeg.6223889745d646d8784311fe12140f91.jpegIn 

Someone should tell Viking Honour that everyone can see his likes and followed accounts on Twitter.  #NSFW #ViewerDiscretionIsAdvised 

I’ll choose UFS over those two weirdos all day long. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, FOXSE said:

All I'm saying is, we got clappers towards the end of the season we looked like certainties for relegation, and we miraculously survived. We then won the premier league. Etc etc....

Then people decided that the clappers weren't a pure enough form of supporting the team and whined constantly until the clappers got dropped. Then we got relegated.

Look, we're top of the league, playing good football under and exciting young manager... can't people just enjoy that for a bit?

I think people are enjoying it, massively, especially in the section where Enzo constantly comes across post-game to show his appreciation. What people can't understand is why everyone else clearly isn't enjoying it enough to stay til the end. You go for the exit at 84/85 mins, you're missing 10% of the game at least and a specific period where the team statistically scores a  big percentage of it's goals. It wasn't like this, certainly not this bad, in previous promotion seasons.

The beat the traffic thing is a completely lame excuse. We leave at the whistle and we're off and away in the car ten mins later, even if sometimes it requires a side street or two to miss the jams. Who really needs that extra ten mins to watch The Weakest Link or get their dinner on earlier?

As for the clappers, if they were that incredible the other 91 clubs would have them. They don't, they find them laughable. You want to use one, fine, bring an old one but it's still a bit senseless to force mobile ticketing into the mix because its a greener option and then print out 20k+ bits of cardboard every fortnight..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iancognito said:

I think people are enjoying it, massively, especially in the section where Enzo constantly comes across post-game to show his appreciation. What people can't understand is why everyone else clearly isn't enjoying it enough to stay til the end. You go for the exit at 84/85 mins, you're missing 10% of the game at least and a specific period where the team statistically scores a  big percentage of it's goals. It wasn't like this, certainly not this bad, in previous promotion seasons.

The beat the traffic thing is a completely lame excuse. We leave at the whistle and we're off and away in the car ten mins later, even if sometimes it requires a side street or two to miss the jams. Who really needs that extra ten mins to watch The Weakest Link or get their dinner on earlier?

As for the clappers, if they were that incredible the other 91 clubs would have them. They don't, they find them laughable. You want to use one, fine, bring an old one but it's still a bit senseless to force mobile ticketing into the mix because its a greener option and then print out 20k+ bits of cardboard every fortnight..

I still maintain the thought of the club needs to do better with improving entry/exit through the concourse. 

The queues in L block post match can take a while to get down especially where I stand (double letters). Most people just hop over the seats because they get bored of waiting.

With the expansion I hope they factor this in mind.

17 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I still maintain the thought of the club needs to do better with improving entry/exit through the concourse. 

The queues in L block post match can take a while to get down especially where I stand (double letters). Most people just hop over the seats because they get bored of waiting.

It's always been this way but people haven't got any patience anymore..... For anything 

4 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I think part of the problem is they don't open up the main ground level exits, so everyone in the lower half of the stand gets funnelled up and the top half of the stands end up having to wait for them. Don't know why when they send out like 60 stewards per stand to sit there on the advertising hoardings at 85 minutes 

• Like 4

My family are watching Ghosts and I'm not the slightest bit interested, so I'll say my piece now. The thing that amazes me the most is how short our fans memories are. The great escape and the title-winning season were not long ago. At those times we'd sing up if we conceded a goal and there's no way that anyone would leave early. We saw the difference that could be made by having a siege mentality and everyone on the same page backing the team. No one should know thos better than us! Covid football was even more recent. In those times, when supporters were not in thr stadiums, we saw how home advantage basically siezed to exist. Supporters make a difference. Unless we are three or four goals behind with minutes to go, stay until the end and support your team. We will all be better off for it. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2