Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

On 25/12/2023 at 03:09, The_77 said:

Someone should tell Viking Honour that everyone can see his likes and followed accounts on Twitter.  #NSFW #ViewerDiscretionIsAdvised 

I’ll choose UFS over those two weirdos all day long. 

Here Here. Sitting there like a stuffed dummy or driving the team on even when behind, when the team are struggling etc Unfortunately one set of fans are superior and they need to either get their fingers out or STFU 

On 25/12/2023 at 03:57, iancognito said:

I think people are enjoying it, massively, especially in the section where Enzo constantly comes across post-game to show his appreciation. What people can't understand is why everyone else clearly isn't enjoying it enough to stay til the end. You go for the exit at 84/85 mins, you're missing 10% of the game at least and a specific period where the team statistically scores a  big percentage of it's goals. It wasn't like this, certainly not this bad, in previous promotion seasons.

The beat the traffic thing is a completely lame excuse. We leave at the whistle and we're off and away in the car ten mins later, even if sometimes it requires a side street or two to miss the jams. Who really needs that extra ten mins to watch The Weakest Link or get their dinner on earlier?

As for the clappers, if they were that incredible the other 91 clubs would have them. They don't, they find them laughable. You want to use one, fine, bring an old one but it's still a bit senseless to force mobile ticketing into the mix because its a greener option and then print out 20k+ bits of cardboard every fortnight..

As you accuse around 20,000 every game of being senseless I’d reconsider your view if I were you.

It’s pitiful seeing the anti-clapper brigade conjure up ever more desperate explanations for their continued popularity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

As you accuse around 20,000 every game of being senseless I’d reconsider your view if I were you.

It’s pitiful seeing the anti-clapper brigade conjure up ever more desperate explanations for their continued popularity.

I didn't say 20k used them I said 20k were printed. Most of them are unused, it's just a waste. Continued popularity? They were dropped and forgotten, no-one asked for them back. The anti-clapper brigade is a majority, given that every other club that trialled them had negative feedback from fans. Unfortunately, we have a section of fans that think they're contributing something positive by slapping them randomly, probably the same ones who jump in the air like gameshow contestants trying to catch a cheap t-shirts. The most pitiful thing is the people trying to justify their continued presence who suddenly realise they are sitting in silence when they don't have their cardboard stick to feel relevant.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I didn't say 20k used them I said 20k were printed. Most of them are unused, it's just a waste. Continued popularity? They were dropped and forgotten, no-one asked for them back. The anti-clapper brigade is a majority, given that every other club that trialled them had negative feedback from fans. Unfortunately, we have a section of fans that think they're contributing something positive by slapping them randomly, probably the same ones who jump in the air like gameshow contestants trying to catch a cheap t-shirts. The most pitiful thing is the people trying to justify their continued presence who suddenly realise they are sitting in silence when they don't have their cardboard stick to feel relevant.

20,000 use them

the others moan about people using them

take your pick

PS in a sport where a reserve team player can get £20k a week I don’t think King Power will worry too much about the ‘waste’ of a few recyclable clappers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

20,000 use them

the others moan about people using them

take your pick

PS in a sport where a reserve team player can get £20k a week I don’t think King Power will worry too much about the ‘waste’ of a few recyclable clappers

No way are 20k people using the clappers these days lol I'd be surprised if that many used them when they were on all the seats! 

If 20k are using them, maybe they should try using their hands and voices instead, they're clearly not helping the atmosphere with clappers alone.

• Like 1

Portman Road sounded awful last night on TV (arguably worse than anything at Filbert Way this season) - on their part, generally all you could hear was Leicester.

Old ground, Boxing Day, no excuses, should have been rocking and a fortress for Ipswich.

I appreciate its TV mics picking stuff up at pitch level but when you can hear the players shouting you know it’s a poor atmosphere.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Atmosphere has definitely picked up both home and away lately.

Wonder if the comments on here/social media have made a difference?

Yh maybe are bitching is finally working since the last minute winner at West Brom 

Birmingham was class and sounds like yesterday was too hopefully by the time we play cov away atmosphere will still be as good as it has been 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Portman Road sounded awful last night on TV (arguably worse than anything at Filbert Way this season) - on their part, generally all you could hear was Leicester.

Old ground, Boxing Day, no excuses, should have been rocking and a fortress for Ipswich.

I appreciate its TV mics picking stuff up at pitch level but when you can hear the players shouting you know it’s a poor atmosphere.

I was at the ground and I was expecting more to be honest. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Their singing area moving into the side stand is absolutely dreadful. Penned themselves into a stand they'll never be able to expand in, that can't be seen by the away end and any noise travels across to their prawn sandwich brigade. Very strange. 

Just now, purpleronnie said:

Its another example of English fans standing in silence.  They had one end which all stood mostly in silence despite it being one of their biggest games of the season, being a night game on boxing day.

I'll never understand it but that's how it is.

People who think standing will improve atmosphere are wrong. 

On 26/12/2023 at 22:59, Trev3939 said:

Don’t know if it was where I was standing right at the back but to me that was best away of the season and amazing atmosphere for majority of the game. Lots of singing up to 15 mins before as well 

15 hours ago, Matt said:

Their fans saying we were one of the quietest away sections but also saying their Blue Action group were embarrassing.

It's becoming a football-wide thing no doubt. Not just us but apart from one or two outliers football grounds in general are just becoming sterile. The rivalry and banter is being discouraged and yet in most sports it's something that they cherish.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

That's Rotherham and Ipswich fans taking the piss out of our support in a week lol

Not sure why Rotherham were abysmal home and away, and Ipswich are basically Fulham fans in harbour jackets. 

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not sure why Rotherham were abysmal home and away, and Ipswich are basically Fulham fans in harbour jackets. 

This stuff is horrendous. If you’re going down the narcissistic route that’s one thing, if someone is filming it that’s another, if you’re then posting it for the sake of 25 likes and retweets you’re doing it all for the wrong reasons. Blue army and hey Jude couldn’t be more generic either.

That moment, like goals belong to the fans not a Wally in a suit.

That “rallying” call is a job for a capo, plug the fans in, keep it authentic.

We get it so wrong over here really.

Edited by RYM
  • Like 4