Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just got in after the long trip back from Cardiff.  As others have said it was a thoroughly enjoyable end and lots of humour from our fans.  Interesting to hear a Cardiff fan on Talkshite saying that they were played off the park and out-sung on the terraces for the entire 90 mins.  He was full of praise for our players and fans.

It seemed to me to go quiet only a couple of times as though we needed to conserve energy during a busy period the same as the players do.  They were clearly appreciative of the support - has anyone got a video of Stephy at the end conducting us singing “Enzo went to Europe …”?

One final point, it was my first experience of safe standing and I thought it worked really well.  To me it would be an obvious next step for the singing section and/or L1 and I can’t believe it would be very expensive.

I have to say Cardiff have plateaued as a fanbase. They used to have a bit of an edge about them. That was probably second to only Blackburn last night for abysmal atmosphere. One of these eerily quiet games for parts.

We were meh. A decline from Ipswich & Birmingham. Had our moments. Felt like a league cup game again.

EDIT: Just read some of the above - genuinely surprised how highly some rated it. It was definitely worse than Birmingham.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I have to say Cardiff have plateaued as a fanbase. They used to have a bit of an edge about them. That was probably second to only Blackburn last night for abysmal atmosphere. One of these eerily quiet games for parts.

We were meh. A decline from Ipswich & Birmingham. Had our moments. Felt like a league cup game again.

EDIT: Just read some of the above - genuinely surprised how highly some rated it. It was definitely worse than Birmingham.

I wonder where you were? I was in the middle of the support at the back and it really was cracking - loud, varied with songs for individual players (the Ricardo  song is a grower), with humour (Enzo clearly engrossed in the game to wave so we waved at him for a minute or two) - it was the epitome of a great away end for me . The players and Enzo definitely appreciated it 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm sorry mate but there was nothing meh about our support last night. It was constant and varied throughout! Cardiff gave absolutely nothing for us to feed off either.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Tbf it sounded quite loud on the stream too.

Edited by Munshi