Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Was poor today, but a couple of big factors probably behind it.

1) a lot of sore heads and tired eyes from last night

2) the horrible realisation that the festive period is over and a lot of people are back to work tomorrow, so everyone is pretty pee'd off

New years day game, in my memory anyway, have always been like today so I wasn't expecting much, could barely get up for it myself 

Fair points 👍

First half up there with the worst I've heard at this place.

There was a moment when Winks got the ball on the edge of our box, about to be closed down and no 'MAN ON' from the stands whatsoever- so it's not just the lack of singing that's an issue, it's the entire concept of being audibly invested in the match. Could hear a pin drop in the brief moments Union FS lads weren't at it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I don’t think a group of 20 will inspire a crowd with some inaudible self satisfying wordie essay about Winks

Keep it clear and simple as the bulk of the ‘Kop’ and L1 did 

3 chants needed to lift the side and the stadium will get behind, it’s nothing new ffs

IMG_6457.jpeg

1) As stated, the Winks song is hardly Beowulf.

2) I heard people complaining how shit the one is where the only lyrics are "Mads Hermansen", so once again damned if we do, damned if we don't.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I don’t think a group of 20 will inspire a crowd with some inaudible self satisfying wordie essay about Winks

Keep it clear and simple as the bulk of the ‘Kop’ and L1 did 

3 chants needed to lift the side and the stadium will get behind, it’s nothing new ffs

IMG_6457.jpeg

Do you follow Leicester away? Everyone in the away at Cardiff had no problem with it or the Abdul chant. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stadt said:

I wanna tell you,

I might as well do,

About a boy who can do anything 

Harry Winks, Harry Winks, Harry Winks

Is that really beyond your comprehension? 

Anything more than 2 syllable sentences or random noise making is too much for some :ph34r:

I personally love some of our songs, Fatawu, Mavididi etc imagine the majority of the ground doing the Daka chant. 

The union FS boys do try and if they keep going they'll hopefully get bigger, but today even they were flat. It's the 1st time in a long time I heard L1 from where I was sat

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I wanna tell you,

I might as well do,

You forgot "Signed by Maresca, to play for Leicester" which might be a bridge too far.

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I wanna tell you,

I might as well do,

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to comprehend it because the tune is so grating

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Do you follow Leicester away? Everyone in the away at Cardiff had no problem with it or the Abdul chant. 

Following Leicester away has a criteria.

50 or over

ST holder for 10 years minimum.

Must have a shit scarf

Minimum of 100000000 points.  

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

Following Leicester away has a criteria.

50 or over

ST holder for 10 years minimum.

Must have a shit scarf

Minimum of 100000000 points.  

I am none of those and I’ve been to every single away game I’ve wanted to in the last 7 years

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to comprehend it because the tune is so grating

And here is the problem with the atmosphere, and it's been that way for years 

There's a little bit of snobbery. 

I admit that some of the songs they come up with a pretty bad, but they're still chants that positively add to the atmosphere. I'd rather hear the Winks chant sung by a couple of thousand than hear the sarcastic "sshhh" we had at points today.

Love them or hate them, the union FS boys are trying to create a better fan experience inside the ground. The more people turn their noses up at them, the longer it takes them to grow, the longer it's the same guys coming up with the chants that people find "grating"

If we accept them for what they are, the more likely that area of the ground is to expand, the more people join in the more likely it is that newer "members" are able to add to the song book with different less grating chants 

• Like 3

Knew it would be bad today, NYD always is.

I'm top of G1, quiet today, not many regulars either. My lad kept telling me people were looking at him when he was singing, told him to crack on even louder.

1 minute ago, snoopy87 said:

I'm top of G1, quiet today, not many regulars either. My lad kept telling me people were looking at him when he was singing, told him to crack on even louder.

Also got plenty of people looking when trying to join in with the UFS lads … hope he cracked on 👍

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Stop whining.

should we give up our season tickets so others can go?

Used to be loads of that went regularly but now at average age of 60 down to just 5 of us. Perhaps those who have followed the club for 45 odd years deserve a bit more respect.

People who moan about not being able to get away tickets are the ones that barely ever try and only want tickets to the big matches or the matches that are easier to get too at suitable kickoff times, i.e the games that of high demand.

I can't get to away matches like I used to, my chances of getting tickets for the game I've mentioned above are very low, but I've done my fair share of away games over the years. I still go now and again. It was only because of a couple of random, last minute away games a few season back that I secured enough points for my FA cup final ticket without the stress of maybe not making it to the next tier. I've always found that there's a ticket or 2 left for less desirable games, maybe if the people who can't get away tickets tried those games they'd slowly build up their priority points 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Also got plenty of people looking when trying to join in with the UFS lads … hope he cracked on 👍

He did, takes a bit to put him in his shell once he's out, but for a 6 year old to turn round and say he's getting looked at for singing and looking to me as if it's not the right thing to do, irked me a bit 

• Like 1

Guest nathan.
5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Stop whining.

should we give up our season tickets so others can go?

Used to be loads of that went regularly but now at average age of 60 down to just 5 of us. Perhaps those who have followed the club for 45 odd years deserve a bit more respect.

The club is disgusting regarding ticketing.

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

The club is disgusting regarding ticketing.

My lad is 18, his cousin 21, one started in League 1 and the other when we made the PL. Both have enough points to get to almost every game, it’s all about putting in the miles and going to the less attractive games.

What should the club do?

Not averse to them just counting the last 5 seasons STs towards the away priority points.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

He did, takes a bit to put him in his shell once he's out, but for a 6 year old to turn round and say he's getting looked at for singing and looking to me as if it's not the right thing to do, irked me a bit 

He did the right thing to carry on, good lad 👍

15 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

If its the little lad I think it is, then tell him he was amazing. We're a few rows behind and it was great to see him stood there singing and giving it his all.  Need more like him in G1....or in general!

• Like 2

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

My lad is 18, his cousin 21, one started in League 1 and the other when we made the PL. Both have enough points to get to almost every game, it’s all about putting in the miles and going to the less attractive games.

What should the club do?

Not averse to them just counting the last 5 seasons STs towards the away priority points.

First of all get rid of £30 membership paywall and bring back general sale.

For away games put 20-30% on general sale.