Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

The same woman with the flask kept smacking her clapper on the rail in front of her whilst shouting to get the attention of fans 8 seats to her right to tell them to sit down or go and stand in the seats behind because she/they, in what was like Dignitas’s waiting room, couldn’t see down the touch line to the corner from her seat.

The only time anything that could be regarded as vocal support that came from her was shouting “Luke Luke” at Thomas when he was close by. He got distracted, looked up only to hear, “We met your dad this morning, I told him how wonderful you were, we met your uncle Wes as well” I bet that energised him. 

I apologise if I upset any fans in their older years, I’m closer to it than I’d wish, but when I see and hear what visiting fans bring to the KP and see/hear on other TV games with their intensity, vocal support, excitement and passion, then I look around at what our fan base is becoming and sounding like, I just can’t help wondering how we got here. 

I looked around the bar (kids playroom in real life) yesterday and it’s like many of our fans have just given up on life in general. 
 Gone are the the days where we produced a large fan base that sounded loud, proud and intense throughout a game and I just can’t see how we’d get it back.

Flasks, picnics, spoons and clappers ain’t gonna do it is it? 

This is hilarious!!! Not surprised in the slightest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

To answer your question, probably none in England imo. Tbf yes Leeds last season was impressive for a Sunday match, remember looking at their fans when they scored, loads going bat sh1t mad. Stayed in the city to watch the 4.30 match and have dinner afterwards and it was really lively. 

Yes, I was at that match, my only trip to Elland Road but they impressed me massively. 

They’re a complete anomaly though, the other 19 clubs are closer to us than Leeds atmosphere wise (minus the odd exception).

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

It’s no different at any other club really. What posters on here fail to recognise is that practically every ground is similar to ours. 

You have to think out of all the grounds that you have visited: how many have you been impressed by? I have been to the majority in the league, and I’ve only really walked away from Elland Road and *occasionally* at Villa Park and thought that it was a good atmosphere.

Home yeah I agree although others are doing more to address the issue and those with older grounds have established singing sections/ stand where the old folk go.

Our away ends are much worse than other clubs our size though and I can’t think of another club excluding the likes of Brighton and Fulham that have an active section of people wanting to sit down

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

The same woman with the flask kept smacking her clapper on the rail in front of her whilst shouting to get the attention of fans 8 seats to her right to tell them to sit down or go and stand in the seats behind because she/they, in what was like Dignitas’s waiting room, couldn’t see down the touch line to the corner from her seat.

The only time anything that could be regarded as vocal support that came from her was shouting “Luke Luke” at Thomas when he was close by. He got distracted, looked up only to hear, “We met your dad this morning, I told him how wonderful you were, we met your uncle Wes as well” I bet that energised him. 

I apologise if I upset any fans in their older years, I’m closer to it than I’d wish, but when I see and hear what visiting fans bring to the KP and see/hear on other TV games with their intensity, vocal support, excitement and passion, then I look around at what our fan base is becoming and sounding like, I just can’t help wondering how we got here. 

I looked around the bar (kids playroom in real life) yesterday and it’s like many of our fans have just given up on life in general. 
 Gone are the the days where we produced a large fan base that sounded loud, proud and intense throughout a game and I just can’t see how we’d get it back.

Flasks, picnics, spoons and clappers ain’t gonna do it is it? 

In fairness to the lady in question she is actually vocal in all home games encouraging the players and signing along. 

I sit behind her in the ground and that’s why she knows my name. 

I switched on to watch the match on the iplayer and the camera panned round the City fans pre match. There she was with her flask and clasping/supping from her fine bone china cup lol. It made our end look like a pensioners day trip out to the seaside lol.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Porcelain cups at an away game is the most Leicester City thing I’ve ever seen

To be fair to her she did well to get it in the ground. We struggle to get a cheese cob in at the King power.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

A few of her party had them.

All had a porcelain teacup too, complete with sugar container, sweeteners and spoons.

Haha I ended up moving seats, we were sat down as the folk behind us were sat down an all, felt like I was in a GP's waiting room down there 

• Like 2

OAPS aren’t the issue , I agree what someone said earlier that there’s loads in the concourse who can shout and jump about but not show it in the stand 

Atmosphere in the KP will never change until performances change even though that shouldn’t be the case you can’t do anything about it , If we didn’t have Union FS , our atmosphere would’ve been dreadful.

Bringing Clappers to Away games are awful by the way , I’m sure I seen someone with one on the tv on Saturday 

Villa and United should be decent for atmosphere as they always are - let’s hope on no half time picnics 

• Like 3

The Oldies really aren't the problem - as @Footballwipe says, it's the TikTokTwats who are more than happy to do it in the concourse for their views, but shrink the moment they're in sight of the pitch.

We've got an elderly contingent in the fanbase, that's undeniable - but there are more than enough younger fans to get the atmosphere going. They just don't. Like I've said too many times to count now, it's all about sniffing gear, getting a few likes and then staring at your phone in the stairwell until we score now, on the off chance they can film it.

Admittedly, it would help if we as a collective fanbase had enough braincells to rub together and keep in time with one another. So many songs break down when it's apparent that everyone is out of time with one another. Happened plenty yet again at Walsall, and there you don't even have the excuse of acoustics and sound not travelling given what a small end it was. Vichai Had A Dream became "Vichai had Vichai dream Vichai had a dream" at one point. :nigel:

Side-point, but speaking anecdotally for myself and those I go with, some of the newer songs we sing are crap and people don't bother with them. The "On A Saturday" one being the latest example. Dad's getting on but still belts out songs, and to quote his first impressions of it - "sounds like a bunch of bloody yanks doing cheerleading - take it to the Riders and leave it there". lol

• Like 2

That's a problem so much energy in the concourse, then silence in the stands. 

Tbf our songs are shite, the Ulloa one was one of our best and could be easily switched to Iheanacho, Leicester boy are we is awful.

A short term fix could be knicking a few songs like Arsenal and changing the lyrics

United songs like the banks of Irwell could be changed to the banks of the river Soar, Hello Hello we are the Busby boys could be changed to Vichai boys etc.

12 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Tbf our songs are shite, the Ulloa one was one of our best and could be easily switched to Iheanacho, Leicester boy are we is awful.

A short term fix could be knicking a few songs like Arsenal and changing the lyrics

United songs like the banks of Irwell could be changed to the banks of the river Soar, Hello Hello we are the Busby boys could be changed to Vichai boys etc.

If the answer is just become a tribute act to other clubs' songs then we may as well all jack it in. The key to what you say is it'd be a short term fix and then the fads die and we're left with the same problem ("We Love You", anyone?) . Plus, where's the sense of pride in doing that? We need to have a bit of self-respect.

12 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If the answer is just become a tribute act to other clubs' songs then we may as well all jack it in. The key to what you say is it'd be a short term fix and then the fads die and we're left with the same problem ("We Love You", anyone?) . Plus, where's the sense of pride in doing that? We need to have a bit of self-respect.

Most clubs song are copied and our fanbase is shite at making a decent song apart from Ulloa, maybe Union fs should try moving from that corner hidden away, behind the goal may help, but this is probably not possible.

The fact is we already sing copied songs, generic ones in that.

Edited by Viktor-LCFC

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I'm too far away from the away corner at our place to see what goes on in the front rows. Do they have older fans with flasks and tea cups? Don't know if it's peculiar to us or a general symptom of modern football. 

Seems to be us and one or two more docile fanbases.

57 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

These Ovaltineys don't help though do they

Using our away ends as Gods Waiting Room 

So what exactly is the answer? Age limits on away tickets? Atmosphere tests to make sure those who will make noise get a ticket? Games like Forest away going to groups of LADS only?

People can talk about them "being the problem" but there's almost a sinister undertone to what people want the answer to be... freeze these people out from attending games and give them to the type of fan 'you' want to be there. They have just as much right as you to get a ticket as the next person.

When we were doing really well in latter 14/15 and 15/16, some of the away ends were great. These people were still there then, they were still sat down, quiet and flask lovers, but the atmosphere was great. What changed? Did they? Or did the rest of the away crowd?

I just don't understand what people want the club to do about people who "support" the club like this. The only answer seems to be stop giving them tickets or skew the away priority system so only singers (how do you even do that?) get tickets.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Tbh a short-term fix, if that is what you are looking for and something i don't think will solve the problem, is singing mindless brainless tat. Genuinely seen groups of grown adults in shrieks of laughter and back-slapping pride singing 'feed the scousers' against Liverpool/Everton and 'forest get battered everywhere they go' at Bournemouth.. a week after we played forest. They are probably our two loudest songs. Trying to nick someone else's songs is going to be too complex to understand for most. We are one step away from the boogie bus boys singing 'Leicester are massive everywhere we go' on the concourses to compound our slide into obscurity

Edited by grobyfox1990
typo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

So what exactly is the answer? Age limits on away tickets? Atmosphere tests to make sure those who will make noise get a ticket? Games like Forest away going to groups of LADS only?

People can talk about them "being the problem" but there's almost a sinister undertone to what people want the answer to be... freeze these people out from attending games and give them to the type of fan 'you' want to be there. They have just as much right as you to get a ticket as the next person.

When we were doing really well in latter 14/15 and 15/16, some of the away ends were great. These people were still there then, they were still sat down, quiet and flask lovers, but the atmosphere was great. What changed? Did they? Or did the rest of the away crowd?

I just don't understand what people want the club to do about people who "support" the club like this. The only answer seems to be stop giving them tickets or skew the away priority system so only singers (how do you even do that?) get tickets.

This comes into my mind a lot. I don't really buy into the idea we now have hordes of new fans who are only there to see the team do well and treat the match day as some kind of theatre. In the great escape season the ground was full and has been ever since. There will have been minimal numbers dropping renewing a season ticket. Thats what frustrates me the most now that its the same people that did at one point really back the team but now for some unknown reason don't.