Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

People who moan about not being able to get away tickets are the ones that barely ever try and only want tickets to the big matches or the matches that are easier to get too at suitable kickoff times, i.e the games that of high demand.

I can't get to away matches like I used to, my chances of getting tickets for the game I've mentioned above are very low, but I've done my fair share of away games over the years. I still go now and again. It was only because of a couple of random, last minute away games a few season back that I secured enough points for my FA cup final ticket without the stress of maybe not making it to the next tier. I've always found that there's a ticket or 2 left for less desirable games, maybe if the people who can't get away tickets tried those games they'd slowly build up their priority points 

Spot on. When people say they can ‘never get away tickets’, what they often mean is they can’t pick and choose the big or local games they want to go to.

agree the points system needs changing (ST points should be on a rolling 4/5 year basis) but there are far more tickets available than is suggested if you’re prepared to do the hard yards

• Like 2

It is embarrassing when players/manager see empty stands at the end.  I did have to chuckle to myself when I saw the Hull manger applauding the fans only to applaud a half empty stand with those left politely clapping as they walked to the concourse.....its not just us, its all over.

I know you can't compare a regular league match in England to the old firm but the scenes at the celtic rangers game it looked like there wasn't a single fan that had left as the players walked round joining in with the green brigade songs.

You can't stop people leaving, its always happened, you cant make fans stand and sing, the premier league sucked any life out of football culture in England.  The only way is to join in with the UFS and make it grow, until then these discussions will go round and round.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I don’t think a group of 20 will inspire a crowd with some inaudible self satisfying wordie essay about Winks

Keep it clear and simple as the bulk of the ‘Kop’ and L1 did 

3 chants needed to lift the side and the stadium will get behind, it’s nothing new ffs

IMG_6457.jpeg

Excited to hear which three chants we should all be singing over and over...

Should be easy enough to get a mob of more than 20 of you together in a crowd of 32,000 if you want to put that theory into action?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nathan. said:

First of all get rid of £30 membership paywall and bring back general sale.

For away games put 20-30% on general sale. 

How long have you been going?

Do you go to distant midweek away games where tickets are available?

How many points do you have?

• Like 1

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

How long have you been going?

Do you go to distant midweek away games where tickets are available?

How many points do you have?

What does it matter how long i have been going or how long i have been attending?

The system is shit end of conversation.  

So from that we can perhaps assume that you’ve been to very few games but demand the right to go whenever it suits you?

Isn’t that what people are wanting for home games? 

Guest nathan.

So from that we can perhaps assume that you’ve been to very few games but demand the right to go whenever it suits you?

**** off mate

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Or perhaps it’s the club refusing to put tickets on general sale anymore. 

20 minutes ago, Batfink77 said:

If its the little lad I think it is, then tell him he was amazing. We're a few rows behind and it was great to see him stood there singing and giving it his all.  Need more like him in G1....or in general!

Bit gobby, needs the toilet at key moments,  that's him.

There's another little lad, probably about the same age a row in front who gives it some as well, they tend to look at one another and feed off each other at times. It's great to see the younguns give it some 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Or perhaps it’s the club refusing to put tickets on general sale anymore. 

I thought that was the case about general  sale, lad was telling me he bought a ticket yesterday  for todays game and all you have to do is register for a number. No membership required.

4 minutes ago, oz was my hero said:

I thought that was the case about general  sale, lad was telling me he bought a ticket yesterday  for todays game and all you have to do is register for a number. No membership required.

On this, M1 was full today rather than the gaping holes in it for Rotherham when the paywall was in place. So opening up to booking history got more home fans in the ground for sure.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Was poor today, but a couple of big factors probably behind it.

1) a lot of sore heads and tired eyes from last night

2) the horrible realisation that the festive period is over and a lot of people are back to work tomorrow, so everyone is pretty pee'd off

New years day game, in my memory anyway, have always been like today so I wasn't expecting much, could barely get up for it myself 

Definitely me today. Even my pre match pint was hard work lol

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Do we reckon people stayed because it was hosing it down with rain? Most inconvenient for those trying to get away.

7 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I don’t think there’s any tension in games to create an atmosphere. Let’s face it, we know we’re going to win. Personal speaking, I was bored today.

I find this really irritating. How can you be bored at a 90 minute football match aside from having raging adhd? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I wanna tell you,

I might as well do,

About a boy who can do anything 

Harry Winks, Harry Winks, Harry Winks

Is that really beyond your comprehension? 

Looks like it is for some 

9 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I don’t think there’s any tension in games to create an atmosphere. Let’s face it, we know we’re going to win. Personal speaking, I was bored today.

It’s better than being bored because you know we’re going to lose.