Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

It's those that sit in their cars waiting to leave the stadium carpark 

I sit near the back of the Kop, so by the time I get out (after ft ;)) they're queuing from the memorial garden round. Must be sat there for best part of an hour having missed 10/15 of the game 

10 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I don’t think there’s any tension in games to create an atmosphere. Let’s face it, we know we’re going to win. Personal speaking, I was bored today.

I don't miss the tension of wondering when Amartey or Ward are going to **** up 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Was poor today, but a couple of big factors probably behind it.

1) a lot of sore heads and tired eyes from last night

2) the horrible realisation that the festive period is over and a lot of people are back to work tomorrow, so everyone is pretty pee'd off

New years day game, in my memory anyway, have always been like today so I wasn't expecting much, could barely get up for it myself 

3) All is quiet on New year's Day. Bono said so himself 

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I find this really irritating. How can you be bored at a 90 minute football match aside from having raging adhd? 

I dont agree with the post , but to suggest you can't be bored at a 90 minute game? You must be young 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I don’t think there’s any tension in games to create an atmosphere. Let’s face it, we know we’re going to win. Personal speaking, I was bored today.

We’ve gone from one extreme to another. Shitting ourselves week in week out last season to being overly confident now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I find this really irritating. How can you be bored at a 90 minute football match aside from having raging adhd? 

Nice generalisation which some would consider offensive . Let's be honest, today was like an open training session. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I really hope Putin doesn’t come knocking, because we’ll be dust with crap like this.

As the dad of a boy with ADHD i find the 'raging' an interesting choice of words.  At least it gave Nathan a good laugh. 

Edited by jonthefox

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

My raging ADHD is why I'm there to make a racket first and foremost lol

But genuinely Enzo's football isn't boring. You can see there's intent behind the passing. Boring was Amartey and Cags boosting their pass% without any plan on where to go from there.

Btw I've actually read the post in context now and I can see it wasn't a criticism of the tactical style but more the fact we're basically dominating every team we play. Can't really help with that one, other than to say it beats the dross that was served up in 2004-2008.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Like 2

Would be nice to see the reins come off the style of play in games like today.

We've got the quality to score 6 or 7 against sides like Huddersfield while playing one touch football with every trick in the book.

We do seem to go into control mode after 65 minutes when the game is won and I don't think it's particularly conducive for a carnival atmosphere.

I suspect it'll be a good atmosphere against Ipswich.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

As the dad of a boy with ADHD i find the 'raging' an interesting choice of words.  At least it gave Nathan a good laugh. 

I suspect he meant a high degree of ADHD by the choice of words, and not a dig at your son. It didn’t sound very offensive, and my nephew has ADHD and my son has autism. I wasn’t offended.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Blaming UFS for the crap atmosphere is so daft. They can’t force others to sing. 

I don’t think having a crap away end helped. They offered nothing more than weak renditions of “is this a library” and “Your support is ****ing shit”. Barely anything to get us going.

That and the fact that a lot of us are hungover.

I was sat in C1 today with my youngest.. his 2nd game of the season after Plymouth.. he wanted to sit down for a change instead of standing on his seat for the match in the section. He came out and asked why was nobody singing? asking him which game he liked he said Plymouth because of the noise.. 

So from where I was rather irritatingly I had some guy a couple of rows down from me the majority of 90mins whatsapping.. then when he wasn’t he was on his clapper.. literally silence around me and hardly anyone sung WYS before kick off.. atmosphere was poor today but although I could hear the section I could also hear L1 for a change.. I find it rather baffling how people like Stephy chant, jv magic but find the winks one difficult.. the people that moan wouldn’t join in if you just pointed your finger and shouted Harry, Harry lol

both sets of groups gave it a go, but sorry L1, the section has a better drummer :P

We have to bring more noise at millwall Saturday and also against Ipswich.. away support is decent but home at times is painful.. 

Im only a member but get to a few aways.. I’m constantly on the look out on the website for member sales, ask about, look on Twitter etc.. if you dig deep then you’ll get the chance.. I wouldn’t give up at the first hurdle.. aways are better than homes most of the time.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I don’t think having a crap away end helped. They offered nothing more than weak renditions of “is this a library” and “Your support is ****ing shit”. Barely anything to get us going.

They weren’t wrong in fairness. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, but the away following has a massive effect on the atmosphere. Not that it should, but it does. 

17 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I also have ADHD, apologies if I offended you. But I still don’t get how you can get bored at the football but maybe I am jealous because I’m not able to get to matches which id love to be able to. 

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Every time I tried to join in with a chant today I ended up gagging on the smell of stale beer and rancid farts from those around me.

We must have some of the stinkiest fans in England.

Best post of the last 12 months  :appl:lol

Edited by dnewty

45 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

At least they could see the funny side after they scored.... "Manchester City, we're coming for you" lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I was sat in C1 today with my youngest.. his 2nd game of the season after Plymouth.. he wanted to sit down for a change instead of standing on his seat for the match in the section. He came out and asked why was nobody singing? asking him which game he liked he said Plymouth because of the noise.. 

So from where I was rather irritatingly I had some guy a couple of rows down from me the majority of 90mins whatsapping.. then when he wasn’t he was on his clapper.. literally silence around me and hardly anyone sung WYS before kick off.. atmosphere was poor today but although I could hear the section I could also hear L1 for a change.. I find it rather baffling how people like Stephy chant, jv magic but find the winks one difficult.. the people that moan wouldn’t join in if you just pointed your finger and shouted Harry, Harry lol

both sets of groups gave it a go, but sorry L1, the section has a better drummer :P

We have to bring more noise at millwall Saturday and also against Ipswich.. away support is decent but home at times is painful.. 

Im only a member but get to a few aways.. I’m constantly on the look out on the website for member sales, ask about, look on Twitter etc.. if you dig deep then you’ll get the chance.. I wouldn’t give up at the first hurdle.. aways are better than homes most of the time.. 

Millwall and cov will both be class 

millwall because of there firms reputation and fan base and cov for obvious reasons 

games like Ipswich are always based on how to team plays if it’s slow and dull like today it will be shite if it’s more exciting like how we played against Birmingham it will be brilliant