Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

14 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If the aim is to encourage a sense of togetherness comments like this are pretty dense 

I think Micky has blown all sense of togetherness out of the water with his first comment wouldn’t you say? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

But he is making a more general point that real atmosphere isn’t constantly singing, regardless of what’s happening on the pitch. It’s a reaction to events, a celebration and a moment of pride. 

I like the efforts of UFS and don’t condemn them like big mickey but it’s true you can’t inspire people simply by singing non-stop irrespective of the mood and tempo of the game. 

Thing is here though is that if we could inspire everyone by singing non-stop, there'd be no need for UFS as we'd be defunct by now. There's no assumption that we're going to change the world or be the next Wydad Casablanca but it's a credible difference being made which has grown week on week for 10 years. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I think Micky has blown all sense of togetherness out of the water with his first comment wouldn’t you say? 

I’m not bothered about what Micky says 

I like and support what UFS are doing but comments as per your earlier post create a sense that there is a view that UFS participants are a superior breed of fan. I just don’t think that’s going to help your cause 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m not bothered about what Micky says 

I like and support what UFS are doing but comments as per your earlier post create a sense that there is a view that UFS participants are a superior breed of fan. I just don’t think that’s going to help your cause 

I ain’t part of ufs no, but it’s interesting to that you knew what i was trying to say by guessing where someone sits.. 

3 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I ain’t part of ufs no, but it’s interesting to that you knew what i was trying to say by guessing where someone sits.. 

Whilst I might like to think of it is another example of my unmatched genius it was pretty obvious tbf 

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

What a load of rubbish, when will you understand that folk don't want orchestrated sing alongs with middle class flag waving tories in smelly gazelles trying to recreate European crowds. There is a reason why it's taken you 10 years to get a couple of hundred together. We don't want to be dictated too by your ilk. You go on as if you are the saviours of  atmosphere, I find your group embarrassing.

Happy new year! I have personally missed your contributions, welcome back.

I did think of you the other day actually, while I was sat on the sh1tter.

I swear if UFS cured world hunger,sorted out world peace and heralded in a new bright age....there would still be people looking to bring em down.🙄 without them and one or two other small groups dotted about the king power would literally be a library. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Do we reckon people stayed because it was hosing it down with rain? Most inconvenient for those trying to get away.

On 81 minutes someone behind me said "best be off then" so he clearly wasn't arsed by the rain lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

This thread is class.

unless you were one of the Moscow 25 or went Yeovil away in league one I think @BigMick should stfu

Me and @Sol thewall Bamba went to Yeovil away, does that make us better fans?  Oh, and we're both UFS'ers as well, extra points for that. Didnt see BigMick there though.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

A lad in SK1 was watching darts on his phone during the game. About summed it up. 

Better than a guy in the away end at Ipswich next to us watching the entire United Villa game on his phone stood in complete silence. What’s the point? lol

4 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

I spotted some empty seats at the bottom

of the section today and moved down to the front. The thing I find staggering is the number of people in the immediate rows behind UFS who don’t mutter a word? Literally row upon row of silence, it won’t get better unless Union FS get some proper backing.

It is becoming a real problem this middle area not wanting to sing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

My lad is 18, his cousin 21, one started in League 1 and the other when we made the PL. Both have enough points to get to almost every game, it’s all about putting in the miles and going to the less attractive games.

What should the club do?

Not averse to them just counting the last 5 seasons STs towards the away priority points.

Thats not strictly true though now is it. Its for them great that they have the points they have by virtue of having a season ticket since those seasons and one can assume travelling a lot. You can travel up and down as much as you want if you are 17 and on scraping in the games that drop down to a low band but you aint climbing the ladder whilst the 50 points for 8 seasons or whatever it is still happens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Thats not strictly true though now is it. Its for them great that they have the points they have by virtue of having a season ticket since those seasons and one can assume travelling a lot. You can travel up and down as much as you want if you are 17 and on scraping in the games that drop down to a low band but you aint climbing the ladder whilst the 50 points for 8 seasons or whatever it is still happens.

Don’t have a problem with cutting it down to 5 years.

We all started with 0 though and built it up through getting to as many games as possible.

I had very few away points pre champions league as we knew someone who could get us all away tickets so when we then found out that names on tickets had to match your passport we effectively started over. In with the home fans for Bruges and Seville, thankfully enough points for the others but that was built up by being a season holder through the lean years. How many on here were talking about not renewing for this season if there was a chance if having a year off and not losing priority points?
Managed to build up enough away games that we can now go to almost every game. It’s a lot of miles travelled to do that.

Do those who moan do pre season friendlies? 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

It is becoming a real problem this middle area not wanting to sing.

Noticed this with other sections at other English clubs too. Specifically at Selhurst Park. 

My guess would be that it is fans that didn't want to move from SK1 to make way for the UFS section? Purely a guess though...

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Don’t have a problem with cutting it down to 5 years.

We all started with 0 though and built it up through getting to as many games as possible.

I had very few away points pre champions league as we knew someone who could get us all away tickets so when we then found out that names on tickets had to match your passport we effectively started over. In with the home fans for Bruges and Seville, thankfully enough points for the others but that was built up by being a season holder through the lean years. How many on here were talking about not renewing for this season if there was a chance if having a year off and not losing priority points?
Managed to build up enough away games that we can now go to almost every game. It’s a lot of miles travelled to do that.

Do those who moan do pre season friendlies? 

I don't think anyone's really moaning at the fact some people have built theirs up, it's more that it's hard to actually get the ball rolling per se.

I'm lucky that in League One my Dad got the urge to go to away games again due to it being often about £20 for him, me and my sister to go to grounds he'd never been to and I had the ball rolling years ago, I got the bug and I now have a huge number.

But the issue isn't so much this it's more that people will struggle to get started now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jackubu said:

It actually is and we're all mad proud of it. 

Thousands raised for charity, a section of like minded fans together and we're having the time of our lives. Your bitterness will spur us on 😂

You keep it up mate ..  I love to hear a bit of singing in the background.   What really REALLY p1sses me off big style is people leaving way before the end ..  so disrespectful to the team.  It's embarrassing.

• Like 1

Why has the club stopped allowing those seated near the bottom of the stands to exit at ground level? You can only do this now if you are considered by the stewards to be less mobile in some way, when they will deem to open the gate.  

Previously this was a quick and safe exit via the tunnels under the stands (no crowded staircases with people impatient to get out).  Now if you are seated near the front it can take 15/20 minutes to get out, as you are at the end of the queue for the stairs.

There are plenty of stewards around to ensure no one strays on to the pitch (when was the last time that happened?) So I can't see.why they have made this change other than to piss off the fans by slowing down their exit.

I know this is probably not the main reason people leave early, but it is the reason the couple next to me always nip out a few minutes before the final whistle. They can't be the only ones.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't think anyone's really moaning at the fact some people have built theirs up, it's more that it's hard to actually get the ball rolling per se.

I'm lucky that in League One my Dad got the urge to go to away games again due to it being often about £20 for him, me and my sister to go to grounds he'd never been to and I had the ball rolling years ago, I got the bug and I now have a huge number.

But the issue isn't so much this it's more that people will struggle to get started now.

I don't think there's an easy answer to this, Nathan wants 20-30% of all away games for general sale.

Being based in London, Bristol & Andover a few of us struggle to make every home game so we don't save that much over a season.

One of the pluses of having a ST is availablility of away tickets, not sure how well losing 30% of those would go down and waht happens on those stuck on 530 points and well short of the 560 that guarantees a ticket for almost every game, how do they get their points tally up.

As a business you are meant to look after existing customers, I aappreciate that you also need to get new customers but there'a problem with that in that you can only sell so many tickets.