Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

20 minutes ago, MiDuck55 said:

Why has the club stopped allowing those seated near the bottom of the stands to exit at ground level? You can only do this now if you are considered by the stewards to be less mobile in some way, when they will deem to open the gate.  

Previously this was a quick and safe exit via the tunnels under the stands (no crowded staircases with people impatient to get out).  Now if you are seated near the front it can take 15/20 minutes to get out, as you are at the end of the queue for the stairs.

There are plenty of stewards around to ensure no one strays on to the pitch (when was the last time that happened?) So I can't see.why they have made this change other than to piss off the fans by slowing down their exit.

I know this is probably not the main reason people leave early, but it is the reason the couple next to me always nip out a few minutes before the final whistle. They can't be the only ones.

Yep its frustrating, i reckon if the opened the dog track after games, 1 it would lead to many more staying to the end and 2 it wouldn't take 20 mins to leave the ground. Seems common sense to me.

49 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Also noticed this. Supports the theory that a lot of the apathetic fans we have at the moment are bored ST holders going out of habit.

I’ve noticed it’s alway bad around A2 but this isn’t surprising the one area of the stadium furthest away from any sort of small atmosphere we have i always see people flooding down the stairs on 80 mins and by full time it’s empty

5 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

I don't think there's an easy answer to this, Nathan wants 20-30% of all away games for general sale.

Being based in London, Bristol & Andover a few of us struggle to make every home game so we don't save that much over a season.

One of the pluses of having a ST is availablility of away tickets, not sure how well losing 30% of those would go down and waht happens on those stuck on 530 points and well short of the 560 that guarantees a ticket for almost every game, how do they get their points tally up.

As a business you are meant to look after existing customers, I aappreciate that you also need to get new customers but there'a problem with that in that you can only sell so many tickets.

I agree there's no easy answer and I have for a while thought our system was fairer than a lot of other clubs I've heard, but I do think it's created a staleness in the fanbase now. Somebody in this thread nailed in yesterday when they said how relatively full M1 was at 85 minutes compared to most of the ground - people who don't get as much of a chance and actually have a bit of enthusiasm for it.

20-30% on general sale I agree is too many but I'd not be against maybe 10%.

23 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree there's no easy answer and I have for a while thought our system was fairer than a lot of other clubs I've heard, but I do think it's created a staleness in the fanbase now. Somebody in this thread nailed in yesterday when they said how relatively full M1 was at 85 minutes compared to most of the ground - people who don't get as much of a chance and actually have a bit of enthusiasm for it.

20-30% on general sale I agree is too many but I'd not be against maybe 10%.

Well I don't get involved in crowd surges like I did when I was 16 ;)

Can't disagree that we have an ageing fanbase but those fans have put in the miles for years now so the club can't suddenly decide to start a brand new way of allocating away tickets just to suit kids who have only just started going and may quit the minute they start a family. Apologies i'm being a bit ageist in the opposite direction there.

Perhaps cutting the 50 points per season should be reduced to 5 years and as you say 10% being made available to general sale, personally I wouldn't apply that to games where tickets aren't going to go down to at least 540 points.

I did notice that there was no reply when I asked about attending friendlies. A cheap and easier way of getting points.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Noticed that M Block was full of City fans yesterday who were still there at full time (and before half time). These would be mostly fans that don't often get a chance of ticket and were making the most of every minute.

A huge majority seemed to be complete families. Mums, dads and their kids or just dads with kids.

I'd be interested in how they managed to get tickets as having been a ST holder right next to M block I've never seen any of them before. Almost like it was a one off day out family treat for the kids and not the norm for a match day.

Did they somehow offer tickets to non members?

They all seemed to have a good time anyway. 

21 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Thankfully not. As I said it's embarrassing. Grown ups dressed in black, waving flags and trying to copy Crystal Palace fans. 

I don't know if you've noticed but it's January in the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom is cold in January, meaning that most people wear coats when they are outside. Most coats are black or navy blue. In fact, if you were to look around the stadium you would see that the majority of people are wearing black. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Well I don't get involved in crowd surges like I did when I was 16 ;)

Can't disagree that we have an ageing fanbase but those fans have put in the miles for years now so the club can't suddenly decide to start a brand new way of allocating away tickets just to suit kids who have only just started going and may quit the minute they start a family. Apologies i'm being a bit ageist in the opposite direction there.

Perhaps cutting the 50 points per season should be reduced to 5 years and as you say 10% being made available to general sale, personally I wouldn't apply that to games where tickets aren't going to go down to at least 540 points.

I did notice that there was no reply when I asked about attending friendlies. A cheap and easier way of getting points.

Don't want to keep derailing this thread but wanted to add some thoughts here.

Why should you get any priority points for holding a ST when buying tickets for an away match? Of course, STH's get priority over members but in my view, if I am buying an away ticket, home points should be irrelevant. A STH who has been to 10 away games should get priority on away tickets over a STH who has only been to 2 away games, irrespective of how long they have held said ST. Surely that's not unreasonable?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Don't want to keep derailing this thread but wanted to add some thoughts here.

Why should you get any priority points for holding a ST when buying tickets for an away match? Of course, STH's get priority over members but in my view, if I am buying an away ticket, home points should be irrelevant. A STH who has been to 10 away games should get priority on away tickets over a STH who has only been to 2 away games, irrespective of how long they have held said ST. Surely that's not unreasonable?

One of the main bonuses of having a season ticket is access to away games due to priority points.

So if I've been a seson ticket holder for five years and have been to ten away games I shouldn't get first dibs before a season ticket holder of one year who has also been to ten away games?

I'm starting to see why the club don't bother changing anything, they currently sell all the tickets and people complain, clearly whatever changes they make someone is going to be upset.

Edited by hackneyfox

13 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't know if you've noticed but it's January in the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom is cold in January, meaning that most people wear coats when they are outside. Most coats are black or navy blue. In fact, if you were to look around the stadium you would see that the majority of people are wearing black. 

Probably best to just ignore him.

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

One of the main bonuses of having a season ticket is access to away games due to priority points.

So if I've been a seson ticket holder for five years and have been to ten away games I shouldn't get first dibs before a season ticket holder of one year who has also been to ten away games?

I'm starting to see why the club don't bother changing anything, they currently sell all the tickets and people complain, clearly whatever changes they make someone is going to be upset.

I am referring to someone who might never have been to an away game getting priority over someone who has been to a fair few. The current system gives advantage based on how long you have held a ST for. It needs to change to make it fairer for those who haven't had a ST for 10 years.

For reference, I sit in P1 but I disagree with the current system. It can, and should, be much better and fairer.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

In my opinion ... you shouldn't.    And that's the way it worked, up until the start of the 2014-15 season.   Which was fine ... if you went to away matches, you built up away priority.

Then at the start of the 2014-15 season, the club decided to give 100 away points if you had a season ticket.  (and have been giving 50 points each season ever since).     So in one fell swoop, a season ticket counted more than if you'd been to 99 away games.   That's where our problems started.

I suspect the club thought that by giving an extra bonus of away priority points, it would encourage more people to buy season tickets.   But that was stupid logic, as we were in the Premier League that year, and were always going to sell out of the 23,000 season tickets on offer anyway.   As we have done, every season since.     A season ticket had enough benefits on its own - guaranteed seat, reduced matchday prices, etc.      There was never any need to add still more benefits in.  

But the downside is, you've effectively disenfranchised all those fans who used to go to away matches, but didn't have a season ticket.  (or membership as a secondary priority).   All they've done is to neuter our away support from pretty decent, to mostly sh*t.

Yeah good post. That last paragraph was a real thing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

In my opinion ... you shouldn't.    And that's the way it worked, up until the start of the 2014-15 season.   Which was fine ... if you went to away matches, you built up away priority.

Then at the start of the 2014-15 season, the club decided to give 100 away points if you had a season ticket.  (and have been giving 50 points each season ever since).     So in one fell swoop, a season ticket counted more than if you'd been to 99 away games.   That's where our problems started.

I suspect the club thought that by giving an extra bonus of away priority points, it would encourage more people to buy season tickets.   But that was stupid logic, as we were in the Premier League that year, and were always going to sell out of the 23,000 season tickets on offer anyway.   As we have done, every season since.     A season ticket had enough benefits on its own - guaranteed seat, reduced matchday prices, etc.      There was never any need to add still more benefits in.  

But the downside is, you've effectively disenfranchised all those fans who used to go to away matches, but didn't have a season ticket.  (or membership as a secondary priority).   All they've done is to neuter our away support from pretty decent, to mostly sh*t.

I didn't realise/forgot that was a thing.

I can understand a small loyalty bonus, say 5-10 points, but that much is daft.

Just now, ajthefox said:

I didn't realise/forgot that was a thing.

I can understand a small loyalty bonus, say 5-10 points, but that much is daft.

Exactly. Even something simple like 5 points if you have a ST this season (2023/24), 3 for season before (2022/23), 1 for season before that (2021/22). That way you have some loyalty bonus but it also gives a "newby" the chance to catch you up by going to 5 away matches this season (2023/24).

The same could be done for members. 3 points for current season, 1 for last season. Or something like that.

This system would then reward people for making the effort to travel to away games and makes it much more of a level playing field.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

Yep its frustrating, i reckon if the opened the dog track after games, 1 it would lead to many more staying to the end and 2 it wouldn't take 20 mins to leave the ground. Seems common sense to me.

This.

I left L block at 92 mins (needed a wazz) and you'd think we'd won the league with the amount of Stewards n security staff covering the pitch. 

We've not had a pitch invader in how long?

Not a steward in sight on the stairs but about 10 fans standing in the gangway watching the game blocking the exit to the concourse.

Club needs to do better at managing fans in/out the ground.

As you've stated above this would be a sensible solution to solving leaving the ground.

12 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I've become a victim of this. I used to have a season ticket a long long time time ago. Then moved away for work reasons like many others. Only able to go to away games but looking at my points tally you'd think I'd seen Leicester play a handful of times in 30 odd years.

I can still get single home tickets but struggled with away tickets as they quickly sell out. I can't take my family unless they too become members so it's very much a lone enterprise still even though I'd like to take them on occasion. It's actually made the women's team matches more attractive so perhaps there's an outlet now for family match day experiences.

On 01/01/2024 at 19:40, JayTheFox said:

This is outrageous! How did he get signal? 

Signal was brilliant in the first half Saturday. I celebrated by posting in the match thread lol

Died a death at half time though and never got a signal until back in the pub.

Why don’t they put score flashes up on the scoreboard like they used to at filbert street, used to be great when it would suddenly start flashing and we’d all wait to see if the team we wanted to lose were losing. Someone ask the club please :) 

41 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Great atmosphere at the Darts final, mad how people can go crazy with 2 blokes throwing Darts and yet our fans walk out when we're winning and top of the league. 

Those who walk out are buzzed by strictly or ant & decs takeaway. That's where their passion lies. Effing and jeffin at Craig revel horwood

Shock horror bunch of lads can booze all night and an atmosphere is created.

let us booze in our seats down the Kp. Even the £7.20 pint of watered down CHANG will have us singing EIEIEIO.

also ; family stand gets a lot of stick. Good in p3 yet again for second half the other day…. And as for that’s the one that clears off quickest. Most kids around me are desperate to leave. They don’t wanna wave at anyone unless it’s filbo or the shirt chuckers