Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I honestly reckon that we will have a good atmosphere on Saturday just feels like with are away support being much better since Birmingham and first time at the Ricoh in 12 years I reckon it will be better than people expect although I say this having not been to there ground before as I was young when we last played them there 

5 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

I honestly reckon that we will have a good atmosphere on Saturday just feels like with are away support being much better since Birmingham and first time at the Ricoh in 12 years I reckon it will be better than people expect although I say this having not been to there ground before as I was young when we last played them there 

I hope it’s at least half decent. Helps when you have home fans to bounce off too

6 minutes ago, Clarkeyblue said:

Have you all seen the "bounce" the 6,000 Bristol City fans did at west Ham yesterday ?

It looked awesome !

Let's get one of those going on Saturday!!

Doubt you'd get three figures doing it if you started "Jump up if you love Leicester". Even in SK1 the appetite to bounce is rarely there save for a few rows.

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Doubt you'd get three figures doing it if you started "Jump up if you love Leicester". Even in SK1 the appetite to bounce is rarely there save for a few rows.

U say that yet last time we were in the championship we had a reputation for shit home support which is why UFS was created but we still did the poznan every time we scored 

1 hour ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

U say that yet last time we were in the championship we had a reputation for shit home support which is why UFS was created but we still did the poznan every time we scored 

Ha, what a time in L1 that was. That and singing the Dale Cavese tune for Ben Marshall was probably the two most direct cadges from European ultra culture, years before UFS were formed lol 

There was a quote in the (now closed) Millwall Supporters thread, about football violence of the past etc being thought of as "the good old days".      It got me thinking about "the good old days".

no Premier League,

no obscene £400,000 a week salaries,

no £40 match tickets,

no all-seater stadia,

no games being re-arranged at ridiculous times for TV,

no prawn sandwich brigade,

no clappers,

no goal music,

no post match music,

no fan cam,

no teeshirts shot into the crowd at half time,

no games going on for 90+forever minutes,

no handshakes before a game,

no virtue signalling displays,

no 1/2 empty grounds at full time unless your team were losing 3-0,

no always having to buy your ticket before the match,

no tediously passing the ball out from the back and sidewards and backwards 100 times,

no silly songs that fans don't know the words to,

no clubs playing reserve teams in cup competitions,

and most of all ... no VAR

I realise there have been many improvements since then,  not least of which you can generally expect to get home in one piece after a match.    For all the bad things of the 70/80's (and I can cheerfully list them out), I still enjoyed football more then than now.  

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Clarkeyblue said:

Have you all seen the "bounce" the 6,000 Bristol City fans did at west Ham yesterday ?

It looked awesome !

To many hip replacements to be doing that 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

There was a quote in the (now closed) Millwall Supporters thread, about football violence of the past etc being thought of as "the good old days".      It got me thinking about "the good old days".

no Premier League,

no £40 match tickets,

no all-seater stadia,

no clappers,

no goal music,

no post match music,

no fan cam,

no tediously passing the ball out from the back and sidewards and backwards 100 times,

I realise there have been many improvements since then,  not least of which you can generally expect to get home in one piece after a match.    For all the bad things of the 70/80's (and I can cheerfully list them out), I still enjoyed football more then than now.  

Obviously this is subjective, but for me that one fact is more significant than all of the others on that list put together (and as you say, there were other bad things, too).

Shankly got it wrong - football isn't more important than life or death - or even injury.

Such times should be remembered as a cautionary tale in most regards IMO, nothing more.

Edited by leicsmac

22 hours ago, Trekerz said:

Everton last season was a decent one. Villa 4-2 was a really good away end to be fair and there's been a couple of decent ones this season.

Everton was really good actually thinking back on it. Felt like a proper end.

On 08/01/2024 at 12:56, Clarkeyblue said:

It looked awesome !

Cpl of years ago a similar thing happened at our place and the bloke in front of me pulled up with cramp and struggled to get down to the concourse to leave. 

• Haha 2

On 08/01/2024 at 12:56, Clarkeyblue said:

It looked awesome !

We done the Poznan/Grecque at Cov when we beat them 1-0 Lee Peltier scored. 

Was around 5 minutes before kick off I believe followed by Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
8 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

no Premier League,

no £40 match tickets,

no all-seater stadia,

no clappers,

no goal music,

no post match music,

no fan cam,

Yep. Agree. All character has been sucked out the game. 

On 07/01/2024 at 12:17, CosbehFox said:

Absolutely - last big away allocation which was really good was Chelsea in 2007

This was absolutely sensational, the last time I remember actually falling down a couple of rows celebrating going 3-2 up just after equalising.

Different time but also a rare moment of excitement during a painfully poor era for us 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, billyn88 said:

This was absolutely sensational, the last time I remember actually falling down a couple of rows celebrating going 3-2 up just after equalising.

Different time but also a rare moment of excitement during a painfully poor era for us 

Saw someone crowdsurf when we went 1-0 up. Absolute unreal end. Sent me down a path trying to think of other really good ends. 

Stoke, 2-2. When Pawson sent off Vardy, people lost it. The MoTD highlights that night have Pawson going off at half time and our fans completely losing it 😂

• Like 1

Bristol city fans got a lot of clubs looking with their jump around atmosphere at West Ham the weekend.. the minority still stuck their noses up but so many praised their efforts.. 

that would never ever happen at Leicester anything like that and it’s a real shame.. I ain’t going Saturday but hopefully people can say it was decent.. games like this require a party atmosphere, patson daka chants, scarves waving higher than shoulder level.. 

PSG fans would never just stand there…….. “PSG are we, proud of our city” like a bunch of mourners at a funeral wake.. Let’s hear you Saturday!!!! 

14 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Saw someone crowdsurf when we went 1-0 up. Absolute unreal end. Sent me down a path trying to think of other really good ends. 

Stoke, 2-2. When Pawson sent off Vardy, people lost it. The MoTD highlights that night have Pawson going off at half time and our fans completely losing it 😂

I don’t know why but I remember the 1-2 away win at white hart lane in the cup when Jeff scored in the last minute being a belter. 2014 I think 

28 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I don’t know why but I remember the 1-2 away win at white hart lane in the cup when Jeff scored in the last minute being a belter. 2014 I think 

That was a lot of fun at white hart lane, 2015. Chelsea in the league cup in 2007 was brilliant, skived school to go. Remember it being a huge day out. Then we got them in the cup a few years later and then obvs played them every year in the Prem.