Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Not sure what you want me to say to that.

Ive indicated at times it can struggle.

Im not sure its position is such a big problem, I think the make up of it having folk there who won’t join in much is the bigger one.

Agree, I think people who were in there originally haven’t moved and so that’s a big problem 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Yep. We should do the same and move to e singing section next to the away end  but UFS don’t want to hear it. Imagine that lot at the other end of the ground, wouldn’t have been anywhere near the same atmosphere. Having vocal home fans next to the away end is what works 

They literally trialed a singing section in M1 next to the away fans several times and it was dog wank

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Cov forum saying we were alright.

It was decent in most parts first half. Lulls second half when they started to get going. 

Huge amount of posturing after our goal though, our row at the back of block 11 emptied out as we scored as everyone ran over to the seg. 

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Respect your opinion also, can I ask why you don’t like the idea? I just don’t think it’s working at the moment and having the banter with away fans really helps imo. 

I understand what you're saying, however...alot of those European grounds we've visited the last few years didn't need their ultras next to the away fans in order to sing

Pretty sure roma fans/ultras sing regardless of opposition team or where they are in relation to the away fans (they are at opposite goal ends)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, polarbear said:

I understand what you're saying, however...alot of those European grounds we've visited the last few years didn't need their ultras next to the away fans in order to sing

Pretty sure roma fans/ultras sing regardless of opposition team or where they are in relation to the away fans (they are at opposite goal ends)

Most English grounds don’t have their singing section next to the away fans anyway 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Worth a conversation at least 

Already happened and there's no plans for relocating it. UFS not wanting to relocate isn't the only reason why.

The "surround the away fans" arguement was busted against Brighton in the cup ,L1 didn't want to know.

The section being next to the away end would be worth it about 0.5% of the time. The rest, especially against good away ends, would make the task even harder.

Do people really think Cov's singers by the away end are as good against anyone else in this league? They're heartily admitting that today was the biggest home game since they left Highfield Road.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

People raising valid and fair points here. I just don’t see how it’s gonna improve if there isn’t some change. It needs to either get bigger or move but that’s just my opinion. 

It improves by people who don't want to sing leaving the section and those who want to, joining the section. UFS got a section after 8 years of hard work, it isn't meant to be the yellow wall after 2 years. 

It'll only get better 

Edited by Jackubu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

You technically can’t get a section in those areas that people want. It’s £50+ to move in alongside L1 and the other side requires attendance of a child. 

Family stand has moved, it’s a free for all in P now, stick em in there!

3 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Yep. We should do the same and move to e singing section next to the away end  but UFS don’t want to hear it. Imagine that lot at the other end of the ground, wouldn’t have been anywhere near the same atmosphere. Having vocal home fans next to the away end is what works 

3 hours ago, Hinckleyfox said:

I don’t go to as many away as I would like but went today and it seemed there were many that were more interested in giving it the biggun, gesturing to the home fans assuming it made them feel massive, than actually watching the game. Embarrassing actually. Cov weren’t much better mind you. 

but those that were making noise and singing did the best they could so fair play to them. 

Can’t believe these were next to each other.. there’s the query with the perfect answer 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hollism94 said:

Concourse massive out in force today. Amazes me how so many leave their voices at the bar. The end itself was average at best.

Been like that for years. Can remember Doncaster away the year Schmeichel dropped a clanger. Concourse was buzzing thought we'd be in for a treat as soon as we got inside the stadium. Turned out to be one of the worst away ends I've ever been in, so quiet. It's like everyone expends all their energy in the hour leading up to the game then are completely knackered for kick off. Very odd! 

• Like 1