Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

33 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Having "is there a fire drill" coming from the away end when we are winning is a new low.

It really is astonishing so many decide to leave. I don't give a **** about the excuses. 

Pathetic ain't it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Crap as ever. Front of SK1 tried but what can you do if no one joins in.

Honestly don’t know what the solution is.

I think half-arsed STHs are a huge problem. 

Instead of telling them to move to the family stand it needs those behind and around them to join in.

Stood at the back of the section and looking across at sk2 during moments of excitement made me want to vomit.

Its like an entire 2 blocks behind the goal are in a coma. 

I remember the good old days when we were shit and the whole stand could be arsed to rise for a corner, 

Our supporters are actually a bit broken

• Like 2

If I’m honest I disagree with most on here don’t get me wrong the support for a 1st vs 2nd game was shite but for us that was one of the best atmospheres I’ve heard this season kop sounded loud compared to normal L1 was still shit but better than normal P1 where I was was good and there fans were average 

• Like 1

Just now, Lako42 said:

Stood at the back of the section and looking across at sk2 during moments of excitement made me want to vomit.

Its like an entire 2 blocks behind the goal are in a coma. 

I remember the good old days when we were shit and the whole stand could be arsed to rise for a corner, 

Our supporters are actually a bit broken

It was like this in the 05-08 era when I sat on row K in the middle of the Kop. Youd try and get things going and join in with chants from the back 4/5 rows and people would just stare at you. 

40 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Having "is there a fire drill" coming from the away end when we are winning is a new low.

It really is astonishing so many decide to leave. I don't give a **** about the excuses. 

Not the first time that happened this season

I don't get it. We're 1-0 up, they're still in the game and people leave on 85 minute. It's happening every home game. You know before you come how long a game is and how long it will last. If you can't stay, don't come! I'm finding it so frustrating. 

Granted if you have young kids/other things but the same people leave around me on the 85 minute every day. I don't get it, it's just bonkers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I don't get it. We're 1-0 up, they're still in the game and people leave on 85 minute. It's happening every home game. You know before you come how long a game is and how long it will last. If you can't stay, don't come! I'm finding it so frustrating. 

Granted if you have young kids/other things but the same people leave around me on the 85 minute every day. I don't get it, it's just bonkers 

We pay our money and we’ll leave when we want.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

We pay our money and we’ll leave when we want.

Yes you do, but you also not getting the full value out of your purchase. You're not supporting until the end. You pay to watch a football match for 90minutes and a bit more, but why leave when the team needs support till the end? 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 2

It’s been worst than it was tonight. But let’s be honest, we just have shit fans. That’s the brutal truth of it. It’ll never change now, unless you suddenly get a swarm of people relocating but I’m not convinced there’s enough people that really care about the atmosphere. We try in the singing section but there’s too many people that have stayed in there from the previous years but relocation of the section isn’t an option apparently so ….

Edited by Nolucklcfc
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Top of the league and atmosphere in ground like we are about 12th!!!

My theory is that after what we've achieved in the last decade, many of our fans aren't excited about being top of the Championship; in fact, most of them expect nothing less and that's what kills the atmosphere. Compare that to Ipswich -  having done nothing for about 20 years, apart from getting relegated to League One, they finally win promotion back to the Championship and then surprise everyone by being in the top 2. So it's not surprising their fans are going to be more excited and up for it. Bit like us in Big Nige's first spell. Not saying that's how it should be, but it's a potential explanation. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1