Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 hours ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

I wonder what the average age of our fan base is compared to other clubs and female match going fans seems a lot compared to other clubs. The King Power seems like it's been infiltrated by Tigers fans.

Just to add our last 3 managers style of football hasn't helped Puel, Rodgers and now Enzo.

Ageist and sexist? not great traits even before wokeism. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

L1 clearly and loudly in unison singing ‘straight back up’ whilst the small Union FC group decide they prefer to sing ‘EIEIO’ at the same time is moronic.

This happens continuously.

It’s hardly rocket science and should slap even the simplest supporter in the face.

The few in the ‘singing section’ managed to persuade some at the club (many at the club opposed it -fact) that it was they that would lead the singing, causing many others to sit back and be dictated too.

It has failed as most tunes are ego based complex, weak and very few up takers.

Credit to L1 yesterday and even SK4 took up the mantle at times.

SK1 were reasonable for short spells when it was simple chants ‘come on Leicester’ but largely embarrassing if brutally honest

Blaming people who for multiple reasons have to miss the end of the game and silly ageist comments against life-long supporters is just lashing out and passing on the blame for failure.

The club have really scored an own goal facilitating this.

Even Vichai in your profile picture can't take you serious.

• Haha 2

A few random points ...

The atmosphere was poor last night, but I've seen worse.   The fact is, we're currently on a big "downer" in terms of the general cycle of fans passion.  We just need to someone bottom it out, and start again actually caring about the club.  

No matter what some people say, slowly working the ball into the opponent's half, stopping then turning around and playing the ball back to your own goalkeeper, is not going to get many people excited.

Great idea by the club to give 1300 more tickets to away fans than needed, and then not put tickets on General Sale to your own fans.

For 3300 away fans, Ipswich were just like Bristol City and Plymouth.  ok, but nothing special.  Although you have to remember that they are having their best season for about 20 years, so are really up for it.  (as were Coventry the week before)

People leave early, because it's what they do.  I don't even think there's any real logic behind it any more.  But as someone said, why they bother turning up in the first place, when there are clearly so many more important things in their life?   weird.

• Like 4

Expanding the section is pointless I'm sorry, it's not what people want to hear but in reality there is 30 people max (being generous) waving flags and jumping about all game - what does the section hold, 6/700? 

Take a cpl of hundred people who didnt want to move to a new seat last year, there was certainly more than 30 people that moved into the section who aren't bothered to join in. Effective;y the section is UFS who have moved down to the bottom, and not been replaced from about 5 rows upwards. 

Good on them for creating the atmosphere but it doesnt move the needle in a 30,000 crowd. Not sure what the answer is. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

L1 clearly and loudly in unison singing ‘straight back up’ whilst the small Union FC group decide they prefer to sing ‘EIEIO’ at the same time is moronic.

This happens continuously.

It’s hardly rocket science and should slap even the simplest supporter in the face.

The few in the ‘singing section’ managed to persuade some at the club (many at the club opposed it -fact) that it was they that would lead the singing, causing many others to sit back and be dictated too.

It has failed as most tunes are ego based complex, weak and very few up takers.

Credit to L1 yesterday and even SK4 took up the mantle at times.

SK1 were reasonable for short spells when it was simple chants ‘come on Leicester’ but largely embarrassing if brutally honest

Blaming people who for multiple reasons have to miss the end of the game and silly ageist comments against life-long supporters is just lashing out and passing on the blame for failure.

The club have really scored an own goal facilitating this.

Haha grow up Moon.

8 hours ago, Channies6thswan said:

The club just don’t give a sh*t about its own supporters. 

Have you just realised?

You can buy a membership and a ticket and not turn up for all they care.

G1 corner was decent again last night. 

The bit inbetween us and singing section need to stand though. 

We got the stand up if you love Leicester going towards the end then everyone sat back down. Needs/needed everyone standing and singing for those last 10 minutes. 

But hey I'm probably asking for too much

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

G1 corner was decent again last night. 

The bit inbetween us and singing section need to stand though. 

We got the stand up if you love Leicester going towards the end then everyone sat back down. Needs/needed everyone standing and singing for those last 10 minutes. 

But hey I'm probably asking for too much

I doubt you'll get everyone standing for that at 1-0 as it's more of a celebratory chant for when you 5-0 up. Plus we were not looking too good and people are more concerned with what is happening on the pitch.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

They're really not complex and UFS and L1 are very different crowds, L1 are the insufferable soccer AM "bantz bantz bantz" lot who spend the entire match watching the away fans, UFS are the ones who want to act support the team.

I hope this isn’t a common opinion among our fanbase. 

Take L1 away and the KP would literally have nothing. 90-95% of L1 go Home AND away to every single game. 

Edited by Muzzy_no7

31 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Safe standing. I’d happily wager you put one of those in, you start to get people electing to stand there. These are people who aren’t inclined to begin chanting but join in. Then the momentum starts rolling 

Then a whole re-structure of the ‘stands’ in terms of price, demographic etc. There’s a place for everyone in the ground but club have got to help do that. It would become easier for them to steward and police. They can focus on these areas in terms of marketing - not just that but bespoke food and drink kiosks etc etc 

They won’t though. As along as it’s sold out crowds every week, there’s no need for them to do it. They will take the cash over actual fan engagement. 

The stadium lives in its 2010 shape. No one has updated it in terms of organisation. Our marketing departments are so far behind the times because the status quo means they barely have to work for it. 

Surely the sensible time to do this would be when the stadium is re-developed? Rather than some half hash now. Same goes for food and drink. Is it the marketing dept role to sort safe standing? Whats your point re barely have to work for it, I dont follow? I'm not sure how food, drink and marketing affecting a singing section but you didn't quote the rest of my post, just the last few words.   

50 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Safe standing. I’d happily wager you put one of those in, you start to get people electing to stand there. These are people who aren’t inclined to begin chanting but join in. Then the momentum starts rolling 

Then a whole re-structure of the ‘stands’ in terms of price, demographic etc. There’s a place for everyone in the ground but club have got to help do that. It would become easier for them to steward and police. They can focus on these areas in terms of marketing - not just that but bespoke food and drink kiosks etc etc 

They won’t though. As along as it’s sold out crowds every week, there’s no need for them to do it. They will take the cash over actual fan engagement. 

The stadium lives in its 2010 shape. No one has updated it in terms of organisation. Our marketing departments are so far behind the times because the status quo means they barely have to work for it. 

I think we all know deep down that this is how it is. Such a shame as this really is the only shot at it.

Evidently the problem isn’t L1 or SK1 because those are the only two areas who are trying. 

Bar a couple of rows in the other blocks the rest of the kop have zero engagement bar banging clappers. G1 is getting better but when you look accross the majority in there are ignoring any chants. East stand from J3 to G1 do not get involved in anything at all. They are there for the view. 

A couple of times last night it got a little bit loud for 30 seconds but then instantly went flat as a pancake. Consistent noise is important, it’s about making those 30 seconds last 5 or 10 mins, that’s how you drive your team forward. What I will say is at times the UFS boys can be a bit guilty of killing momentum with the choice of song at a particular time. You have to know what you’re working with and at Leicester it’s not much. 

The interesting thing will be when the expansion happens and L1 have to move out that area because there’s no doubt there’s at least a couple hundred in there who want to sing and back the lads. Frankly, it’s very very difficult when 25000 out of 29000 have a routine that they will always stick to. This routine does not involve vocal backing unless the referee makes a mistake, in which case there’s some noise for 10 seconds.

Edited by K1FOX
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The stadium isn't getting re-developed anytime soon. In fact as it stands I'd say it doesn't even get built. They are going to be forced into safe standing due to the local safety group kicking off at them. 

The point about marketing etc is the club have to display thinking across the board and in all departments. For any policy introduced, it needs encouragement in communications and then acted upon appropriately by stewarding. 

The section didn't get off to a good start as the club announced it late into the summer with minor notice and pissed off those in that area. If they considered the likely uproar and did a proper strategy towards it rather than letting Jim take people shouting down the phone at him, then we might have had none of the continued amonysity towards the section.  They also double downed on the stewarding of the section with an insane circle of stewards which didn't make any more attractive to switch your seats and face aggression for doing the purpose what the section was for. 

If the club create a safe standing section, then more people are displaced. So you have to provide something across the board which makes alternative areas worth moving to. Therefore options on food, drink and all that is marketed has to be attractive.

For example, you could have a Family Stand which comes with money off shirts for kids which are already at a high price (Atalanta in Italy have a policy of giving shirts to babies at the hospital!). The West Stand could have better food options and a more lighter, friendly stewarding approach.

A singing/standing section could have a sensible approach to policing it but it's better for the club to have like minded people in that section. Improve the beer selection, get them in the ground earlier or to stop the exodus at 80 minutes onwards, looking at extending the outlets opening areas after kick-off ala many top clubs now to assist with the flow of traffic and demands on local transport. 

They 'don't have to work for it' because the demand for tickets at Leicester sees a full capacity every league game. If the stadium was half full, they would have to introduce things like this. As it stands they are lazy and idle because they think they are maximising the revenue streams. When in reality, they aren't. 

At the moment the stadium is set and it needs to be more tranisant - ie. the path of fan is Family Stand to Kop to West/East Stand. Rather than rigid like it is largely on the basis of pricing.  

Have I missed something, why won't the redevelopment happen?

You make lots of good points, there is no doubt the marketing around food, drink and replica kit could be better.

Fundamentally I think deep down there just isn't enough interest in it, which goes back to my original point which you didn't quote was people consistently call for the section to be expanded to generate more atmosphere - this will not fix it as there is probably a strong group of 30 people doing it in a section that has capacity for 6/700 people, and hats off to them. There is very little or no chance of people getting in the ground earlier to stop the exodus at 80 mins, the two things aren't related. 

I think the west stand (as you quoted) already has a light stewarding approach and good food options as it's the corporate part of the ground.

We've gone a bit off piste here, I'll have a look at the stadium redvelopment topic and look at what I've missed and why it isn't happening.  

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I hope this isn’t a common opinion among our fanbase. 

Take L1 away and the KP would literally have nothing. 90-95% of L1 go Home AND away to every single game. 

I was in there for the last three seasons and apart from about four games, it was shit.

I don’t know what happened because it wasn’t like that before we won the league.

It just constantly empties on 35 & 85 minutes and no one can be arsed. The drum there is ****ing horrendous too. 

No one can agree on what would improve it. This is part of the problem. Some think everyone should be together, others think singing section is pointless, some think relocate, some think safe standing. It’s only going to improve if we all come together. One things for sure, whatever is decided is going to upset some people, but it can’t continue like this. It’s embarrassing