Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I only went to a handful of games at Filbert Street, but for any FS regulars, has the stadium atmosphere issues always been an issue since we moved into the current stadium or has it got worse over the years? Would people say its got a lot worse over the past 2 years with the Rodgers shit show? There doesn't seem any connection between the club and the fans anymore but I don't think it's always been this way? Have we become like a "big club" where the powers that be don't really give a shit about loyal fans and are more interested in making as much money as possible? Has our success gone to our heads and we are no longer a club for the fans? Has it been like this for longer than just the Rodgers shit show but was tolerated by fans because we were having success? 

12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I only went to a handful of games at Filbert Street, but for any FS regulars, has the stadium atmosphere issues always been an issue since we moved into the current stadium or has it got worse over the years? Would people say its got a lot worse over the past 2 years with the Rodgers shit show? There doesn't seem any connection between the club and the fans anymore but I don't think it's always been this way? Have we become like a "big club" where the powers that be don't really give a shit about loyal fans and are more interested in making as much money as possible? Has our success gone to our heads and we are no longer a club for the fans? Has it been like this for longer than just the Rodgers shit show but was tolerated by fans because we were having success? 

The fanbase lacks passion after recent success basically. There are people that want to improve it but no one can agree on a set way to do that. The stadium can get going, we’ve seen that over the years. I just think unless everyone agrees on a set way, nothing will change. It might be up to the club to say “right we are doing this” because nothing else is working and no one can agree on what the main issues are. It’s sad really because part of going to the football is to experience a proper atmosphere but it’s just dead. Literally Fulham is the midlands. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

The fanbase lacks passion after recent success basically. There are people that want to improve it but no one can agree on a set way to do that. The stadium can get going, we’ve seen that over the years. I just think unless everyone agrees on a set way, nothing will change. It might be up to the club to say “right we are doing this” because nothing else is working and no one can agree on what the main issues are. It’s sad really because part of going to the football is to experience a proper atmosphere but it’s just dead. Literally Fulham is the midlands. 

Hit the nail on the head! Because of our recent success a lot of fans see sitting at the top of the championship as still underachieving. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Expanding the section is pointless I'm sorry, it's not what people want to hear but in reality there is 30 people max (being generous) waving flags and jumping about all game - what does the section hold, 6/700? 

Take a cpl of hundred people who didnt want to move to a new seat last year, there was certainly more than 30 people that moved into the section who aren't bothered to join in. Effective;y the section is UFS who have moved down to the bottom, and not been replaced from about 5 rows upwards. 

Good on them for creating the atmosphere but it doesnt move the needle in a 30,000 crowd. Not sure what the answer is. 

I believe the answer is the same as its always been.  Its similar to what some other clubs have done.  Create 'an end' for like minded fans.  Sell this end as a singing section, add safe standing,   

This will improve things but the KP will never have a rocking atmosphere our fans aren't the sort, but i believe the changes above will improve things......but that aint happening so as I say years ago we'll just carry on having these conversations without anything changing.

I'm afraid the lack of atmosphere is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy, the more the atmosphere disappears the less people are likely attempt to join in. its now got so bad I think its going to take targeted action from the club to resolve it, I can't see how they will achieve this without moving sections of fans. However, they first need to admit we have a problem. 

Its not Enzo's style holding us back, its modern footballs style, every club now plays, or at least attempts to play, this style of football, like it or not, it doesn't lend itself to passionate support   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Similar to the other comments, did fans really not find the game yesterday exciting. You cannot keep saying things like 'boring tippy tappy football so dull sideways backwards I love brexit GB news is the REAL news source wokey wokey' etc etc when the evidence does not stack up.

We scored a goal, we had a few chances, we won every duel and 50/50, wingers beating their man. Against a promotion chasing rival who were keen to attack us. What more do you want?

It was quite an exciting game, with both sides having spells where they looked dangerous. 

Disappointing result , considering we were in touching distance of victory, but a good game

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Watched the 5-3 v Manchester United on Sky when I got back and yes, it was a special game, but the difference is enough to make you weep.

Vast majority wouldn't even get up for that these days. 

Utd are shit and we should be beating them at home, or summat. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, L Blocker said:

I'm afraid the lack of atmosphere is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy, the more the atmosphere disappears the less people are likely attempt to join in. its now got so bad I think its going to take targeted action from the club to resolve it, I can't see how they will achieve this without moving sections of fans. However, they first need to admit we have a problem. 

Its not Enzo's style holding us back, its modern footballs style, every club now plays, or at least attempts to play, this style of football, like it or not, it doesn't lend itself to passionate support   

Every club may play it, but no other club would have the issues we have if they were top of the league while playing it.

It's a ridiculous excuse. I'd have more respect if people just came out and said they've no interest in singing and don't care if it helps the team or not. At least they'd be being honest.

11 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Any ideas for a new one then? 

Genuinely anything.

Even there's only one Tommy Cannon would be better than that.

It doesn't even make sense. What goal has he scored that we want to know how he scored it? The song makes sense for Justin because he's never had a song and he scored a worldie.

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Every club may play it, but no other club would have the issues we have if they were top of the league while playing it.

It's a ridiculous excuse. I'd have more respect if people just came out and said they've no interest in singing and don't care if it helps the team or not. At least they'd be being honest.

Ridiculous excuse or not, the fact of the matter is the home support has disappeared and is worsening as the season progresses, L1 no longer sings. I can recall reports of goals activating earthquake monitors and L1 used to be quite an experience, clearly there's a reason, I don't accept fans no longer have an "interest in singing" 

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

TBF how often does Pep ask for more from City fans? Even Klopp has criticised Anfield's lack of atmosphere this season. It's not just a Leicester thing although we're definitely a notch below those two.

Looked around us last night and the sheer amount of people sat on their hands doing nothing was embarrassing. The clappers were annoying but people aren't even arsed with them anymore, it's like they're going for a night at the theatre.

14 hours ago, Trev3939 said:

Side note- have to say that Ipswich are best away fans I’ve heard at our stadium this season. First time I’ve heard a lot of noise from sk1 from the away lot

Only time I heard them was a chant of top of the league still don't sing and booing the ref. The acoustics in our place would have Dortmund sounding like Rotherham.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Terrible support and atmosphere. I've not been to a home league game since pre covid and was stunned by how silent we were 

Ipswich comprehensively out sung us and took the piss.

It's interesting, because from where I sat, I heard a lot of UFS and couldn't hear a thing out of Ipswich. 

I guess this proves true that the acoustics are very much a case of where one is positioned. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I just don’t know what it takes to get certain fans excited and out of their seat. 

It’s not an English football problem. You only have to look up the road at Forest and Coventry. It’s a Leicester problem. 

Mad to think Coventry's support is better than ours now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I sit bang on the half way line and having two barely vocal sections (UFS and L/K) is our biggest problem.

Both areas are singing different things at the same time, meaning neither sound loud and both usually fizzle out pretty quickly.

We need a unified area for vocal support.

We need to club to facilitate that, and they don't want to.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's interesting, because from where I sat, I heard a lot of UFS and couldn't hear a thing out of Ipswich. 

I guess this proves true that the acoustics are very much a case of where one is positioned. 

People will sit in the West Stand directly opposite 3300 away fans and then wonder why the atmosphere is crap and all they can hear is the visitors. 

People who are actually bothered will relocate, and those that are just moaning will continue to do just that. It's a simple choice.

2 hours ago, C-man said:

People won’t like it but the only chance we have of ever improving the atmosphere is if the Club go balls out on a full stadium re-fresh in a similar way to what Cosbeh Fox has outlined... ‘Fvck your precious seat, it’s our stadium and we’re starting again’.

If that ties in with the stadium redevelopment then great, if that’s not happening then get on with it now. 

The clubs that have improved their atmosphere over the past five years or so have all done this. It’s easier when you’re a Cov (who had plenty of room for an L1 equivalent when returning to their ground) but Southampton are the latest to rip up the rule book. They are in a similar position to us with a similar size fanbase, exact replica of a stadium, having a good season which is likely to result in PL football next season. If they can take the risk, why can’t we? 

Rangers risked upsetting thousands with their latest stadium configuration changes but they recognised the importance of doing it and the players and manager backed the change. Based on the clear evidence that they appreciate SK1, I am sure Enzo and the lads would do the same if it meant more vocal support.

Stadium redevelopment, safe standing, £20 tickets on general sale for every match, scrapping the membership scheme, reduce the number of season tickets by 50%. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People will sit in the West Stand directly opposite 3300 away fans and then wonder why the atmosphere is crap and all they can hear is the visitors. 

People who are actually bothered will relocate, and those that are just moaning will continue to do just that. It's a simple choice.

Absolutely. And the other issue at hand is those that are there out of habit, rather than desire. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It might be up to the club to say “right we are doing this” because nothing else is working and no one can agree on what the main issues are. It’s sad really because part of going to the football is to experience a proper atmosphere but it’s just dead. Literally Fulham is the midlands. 

You’re delusional chap, the club are more than happy to have a family friendly atmosphere with no animosity or loutish behaviour in the ground, they like the fan cam, shitty t shirts, clappers at the gates stuff.

Sadly the days of getting a loud ground intimidating away teams and making a hostile environment are long gone here, we are nothing like places like Elland Road for example.

At half time last night I looked along the row and there were 5 or 6 small flask cups and bags of sweets all neatly placed on the concrete wall behind the stair well, is this what going to the football has now become for some? 
It’s a family of 4 or so as well.

While we are on about atmosphere, I think our club has too many shufflers compared to other grounds, ie fans in the 60’s,70’s, yes I know they have a right to be here like anyone but as a proportion of the fan base when you leave the game the road out is littered with them shuffling, limping, hobbling away.

As the younger fans struggle to get tickets and the fan base gets older this will lead to a fan problem in seasons to come.

Edited by promised land
  • Like 1