Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Find 700 spare seats in L1. 

Plus a good number of SK1 (certainly UFS guys) are ex L1 that left as it gradually went downhill after its 2010/11/12 heyday. So I doubt very much they'd go back.

I think the only other place is the family stand P1 bit I think, just so everyone can then move into an area where you don’t have people from previous years staying there. But it won’t happen sadly. 

37 minutes ago, Joe_1992 said:

I prefer to sing instead of staring at the away fans👍

That's why filbert street had such a great atmosphere in the mid 90s (pre terraces) whenever the away fans sang sk1 would drown them out even if losing! Hate to say it but cov did similar to us at the ricoh moved near away fans and they make some racket.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Even that doesn’t excite our fans. 

I watched the highlights and there’s a lovely one-two between Ricardo and Mavididi. Stephy is baring down on the penalty area and everyone in our “kop” has dozed off. 

Yeah, I’m not buying the style argument either. We had a lot of great attacking play in the first half and put a little hot sauce on plenty of tackles. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Watched the 5-3 v Manchester United on Sky when I got back and yes, it was a special game, but the difference is enough to make you weep.

12/13 away at forest on the last day of the season (the pic in your signature) was a special game as well. Imagine that context now? Would be full of 17 year old wokeys on their phones.

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wild observation. More do than don’t, or atleast attempt to.

They’re boring enough to without others trying to replicate, badly.

Don’t get me wrong our poor atmosphere is up there with the worst but atmospheres up and down the country are poor it’s a talking point amongst most clubs, the one common denominator I hear largely? The fan bases are bored. Rightly or wrongly, entitled or not.

Wild observation? There's about 10 teams that invert full backs. How many teams are there in the Football League?

Any vaguely possession oriented football doesn't mean 'like Man City'.

In fact I'd say most teams prefer possession based but fast breaking football which works against the argument. High pressing is used more than ever (see us last night) so it is hard to understand why people are bored on such a grand scale. Or maybe you are just making a load of arguments for causality to back up an argument based purely on correlation.

37 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Unfortunately you are by and large right with the 30 max comment.

I feel like the demand is there but has been stifled by stubborn STH who refused to leave "their" seat even though they have no interest in being in the singing section. Also not helped by the club's commitment to making it as hard as possible for new fans to get tickets to games.

Have seen previously with games like Wigan in the FA cup that we can get significant numbers in the section.

Safe standing the obvious way to improving things as we're at something of an impasse now. Goes without saying the club are moving at glacier pace with this

CL games and PL winning year aside that was by far my favourite atmosphere to be in at the KP, in fact it was better than some of the games the year we won the PL.

I don't know the numbers, but everyone in the section that night was there by choice, because they wanted to contribute to the atmosphere instead of being scattered around the ground amongst people who sit in silence, and what a great atmosphere it made. The fact we still talk about it shows what an anomaly it was, which is a shame.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

The atmosphere was at it's worst yesterday in the last 20 minutes after we'd stopped bothering to play Enzoball and were just getting it forward

Hmm. Does ‘Enzoball’ mean not getting it forward then?

Can’t recall us getting it into their half much at all in the last 20. Mavididi barely had a kick.

I’d say the atmosphere was at its worst then because we had complacently handed Ipswich the initiative, they were pinning us back, and people were getting agitated and nervous about conceding the inevitable equaliser.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Hmm. Does ‘Enzoball’ mean not getting it forward then?

Can’t recall us getting it into their half much at all in the last 20. Mavididi barely had a kick.

I’d say the atmosphere was at its worst then because we had complacently handed Ipswich the initiative, they were pinning us back, and people were getting agitated and nervous about conceding the inevitable equaliser.

This is bang on. 

23 minutes ago, bmt said:

Can we actually do this I want to know if it's true

Would make an interesting study. Options need to be precise though. Thinking:

a) Voted remain and dislike more controlled and possession-based football as exemplified by Maresca's Leicester.

b) Voted remain and accept more controlled and possession-based football as exemplified by Maresca's Leicester, though prefer a more direct style from time to time.

c) Voted remain and enjoy more controlled and possession-based football as exemplified by Maresca's Leicester.

d) Voted Brexit and dislike more controlled and possession-based football as exemplified by Maresca's Leicester.

e) Voted Brexit and accept more controlled and possession-based football as exemplified by Maresca's Leicester, though prefer a more direct style from time to time.

f) Voted Brexit and enjoy more controlled and possession-based football as exemplified by Maresca's Leicester.

For the theory to be correct you'd expect b or c to have the most responses from the Remainers, and d to have most responses from Brexiters. 

36 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

CL games and PL winning year aside that was by far my favourite atmosphere to be in at the KP, in fact it was better than some of the games the year we won the PL.

I don't know the numbers, but everyone in the section that night was there by choice, because they wanted to contribute to the atmosphere instead of being scattered around the ground amongst people who sit in silence, and what a great atmosphere it made. The fact we still talk about it shows what an anomaly it was, which is a shame.

If that's the case Saturday should be decent then

Should have been a whole reset when we got relegated which included a review on the membership scheme, the atmosphere, and basically the whole structure of the club. But obviously this didn’t happen as they’re not arsed one bit about fans. Get a free warm beer though so can’t complain.

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

So the style of football you like, equates to  whether you wanted to leave the EU ?

Interesting thought!

PS I wrote a great reply to this, came back on to re-read and laugh at my own joke, but the fun police have deleted it. Hope you read it in time!!

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Find 700 spare seats in L1. 

Plus a good number of SK1 (certainly UFS guys) are ex L1 that left as it gradually went downhill after its 2010/11/12 heyday. So I doubt very much they'd go back.

Why 700?

1 hour ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

The atmosphere is embarrassing now, I don't go no more, due to alcohol, but it's a joke away fans stroll in take over while our fan base sit their drinking from their flask and munching on their pies watching in awe. Where are the young guns of Leicestershire to busy probably on their ps5 and iPhones, drinking Bud light.

The atmosphere is embarassing but you don't go anymore. OK

45 minutes ago, Joe_1992 said:

Should have been a whole reset when we got relegated which included a review on the membership scheme, the atmosphere, and basically the whole structure of the club. But obviously this didn’t happen as they’re not arsed one bit about fans. Get a free warm beer though so can’t complain.

100%, can only hope that if we go up, this will happen. 

27 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

The atmosphere is embarassing (sic) but you don't go anymore. OK

I still have a season ticket but don't blame people who are sick of the atmosphere binning off going to games.

I think it's worse for people to call the atmosphere embarrassing who have actually gone to the game and contributed the square root of f all

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The idea of being a supporter is that you support, regardless of result or quality. 

To use the style of play as the reason for not doing so is to make excuses. The blame lies partially with the club, partially with people having pathetic attention spans and partially because we're all incredibly spoilt and used to instant gratification. 

Amen

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think the only other place is the family stand P1 bit I think, just so everyone can then move into an area where you don’t have people from previous years staying there. But it won’t happen sadly. 

With the proposed expansion P1 will likely become an away block (if the current plans are accurate). Away fans are being moved round to more behind the goal.

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

With the proposed expansion P1 will likely become an away block (if the current plans are accurate). Away fans are being moved round to more behind the goal.

So essentially the corner will be available? I’ve not really seen the plans 

2 hours ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Is safe standing ever going to happen? seen Brum have got it now. If not need to push the club hard on this even fans who don't want to stand. This would be our future singing section.

Yes. The club are under a fair bit of pressure from the authorities (PL, SGSA) to install safe standing. They know standing happens at every game but they now need to put something in place to allow that to be done safely, not to stop people standing.

However, once it is installed, standing elsewhere will likely be clamped down upon.

• Like 1