Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

54 minutes ago, iancognito said:

You wanna try shouting something about Rudkin. I got a gobful last season from one guy in a nice hat covered in pin badges "and if he leaves we're properly in the shit you kn0b"

I've seen the same guy this season, polite applause for every goal, leaving on the 88th minute. We've got some absolute belters in our fanbase, we really have.

Remember punches being thrown towards people in the section on the final game last season for calling for Rudkin out.

4 hours ago, Munshi said:

The moaning from the East Stand when players tried to get forward and take a man on but lost the ball was seriously embarrassing.

First time they open their mouths the entire game and of course it’s to moan. 

Been like that forever in my match-going lifetime. Unless we are playing 442 hoofball, the vast majority hate it. And when we do play hoofball, and guess what the big opposition centre backs easily deal with the miscued 50 yard passes from our own centre backs, they also moan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

You wanna try shouting something about Rudkin. I got a gobful last season from one guy in a nice hat covered in pin badges "and if he leaves we're properly in the shit you kn0b"

I've seen the same guy this season, polite applause for every goal, leaving on the 88th minute. We've got some absolute belters in our fanbase, we really have.

Old fella next to me at Rotherham shouted “NOT BACKWARDS AGAIN CASADEI!”.

Six passes later McAteer scored the winner and he just offered mild applause. 

For those that whinge whatever and fail to acknowledge the many successes this season, it's worth pointing out we're not winning most games by sheer luck - it might just be that your cognitive dissonance won't allow you to concede that you might be preventing yourself seeing the statistically obvious. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Old fella next to me at Rotherham shouted “NOT BACKWARDS AGAIN CASADEI!”.

Six passes later McAteer scored the winner and he just offered mild applause. 

These guys behind us. It all they EVER say.

Screenshot_20240121-214438-474~2.png

• Haha 4

Guest Fox99

Since the reconfiguration of the Family Stand (now North Stand) in 2021, blocks P and P1 became non Family Areas. This in turn improved the chances of creating an organic, more intimidating atmosphere with L1 the other side of the away fans. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have materialised albeit plenty now stand for the bigger games in P and P1.

So given this, it comes back to the point of needing all vocally-minded fans in one place as opposed to the current pockets of support. Part of the problem though, is this feeling of an undercurrent amongst some fans towards UFS. With the position of it, there's an argument that the SK1 section isn't large enough in its current form and relocation would improve the atmosphere in the short term. That being said, I can also understand that this area of the stadium is probably the 'future' with the expansion in mind. It's unlikely there will ever be a proper end, but the SK1 to G2 corner with safe standing would have potential.

The importance of having an atmosphere can't be stressed enough, and even more so next season assuming we'll be back in the PL. I would go as far as saying it actually cost us last season to an extent, along with what was happening on the pitch. There's clearly many people on the same page with this situation, but it feels to me like there are also too many who aren't being proactive in trying to change it. This means lobbying the club, as opposed to feeling apathetic about it. Changes/improvements generally only happen with strong movements.

Edited by AW LCFC

17 minutes ago, AW LCFC said:

It's my belief that the soulless feel of the stadium filters through to the fanbase. Since the reconfiguration of the Family Stand (now North Stand) in 2021, blocks P and P1 became non Family Areas. This improved the chances of creating an organic, more intimidating atmosphere with L1 the other side of the away fans. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have materialised albeit plenty now stand for the bigger games in P and P1.

So given this, it comes back to the point of needing all vocally-minded fans in one place as opposed to the current pockets of support. Part of the problem though is the undercurrent towards UFS amongst some fans. For the position of it, there's an argument that the SK1 section isn't large enough in its current form and relocation would improve the atmosphere in the short term. That being said, I can also understand that this area of the stadium is probably the 'future' with the expansion in mind. It's unlikely there will ever be a proper end, but the SK1 to G2 corner with safe standing would have potential.

The importance of having an atmosphere can't be stressed enough, and even more so assuming we'll be back in the PL next season. I would go as far as saying it actually cost us last season to an extent, along with what was happening on the pitch. There's clearly many people on the same page with this situation, but it feels to me like there are also too many who aren't being proactive in trying to change it. This means lobbying the club, as opposed to feeling apathetic about it. Changes/improvements generally only happen with strong movements.

Well written and I think sums up the situation well. We are all wanting the same thing ultimately but various opinions in how to get there. 

14 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Well written and I think sums up the situation well. We are all wanting the same thing ultimately but various opinions in how to get there. 

I would say one of the main issue is the divide in two groups and stubbornness that comes with it.. if both groups (l1 and the section) joined forces and come to an agreement in location then it could be a great atmosphere.. sadly one wants to be near the away fans, one don’t and then the slagging off of each other comes into play.. we all want the same thing at the end of the day :dunno:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I would say one of the main issue is the divide in two groups and stubbornness that comes with it.. if both groups (l1 and the section) joined forces and come to an agreement in location then it could be a great atmosphere.. sadly one wants to be near the away fans, one don’t and then the slagging off of each other comes into play.. we all want the same thing at the end of the day :dunno:

Nailed it mate, I don’t understand it either but I would say that the future is probably going to be SK1 with the intro of safe standing 

1 hour ago, lcfc67 said:

To add my 2p worth.

I am STH in SK1 and am 64 years old. I sing and shout but tbh it's hard work - very little around me in terms of vocal support. As has been said many times in this thread too many people sit there without a sound. I get that not everyone wants to join all the chants but no vocal support, really ??! 

One of things that always attracted me to the football was the atmosphere and quite frankly its dying. Still amazed when people here abuse/criticize UFS for their attempts to generate and increase vocal support - would you rather all sit in silence ??

Anyway I have relocated to the singing session for the cup game on Saturday to give my support. Did it before for the Watford (?) cup game and really enjoyed being more like minded supporters.

Up the city !

FYI, you could move your ST into the section if you wanted. Even now mid season. See how you get on this weekend but hopefully you will have a good time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MS0204 said:

There's sense in what you say but there's absolutely no-one in L1 to lead that block, it's just a collection of like-minded blokes wanting to be near the away fans. A few will know each other, friends of friends and all that but it won't get people organised. The section has  the advantage of UFS being a big part of the block.

29 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I’m fed up of constantly reading Twitter and everyone slagging off the section and thinking l1 is the fortress section.. the singing section is work in progress and it can/will only get better.. if there is 60 or so like minded fans of l1 joined the section then the atmosphere would improve.. I have the upmost respect for ufs and everything they do and try to make the atmosphere and lead the way.. are they perfect no? Could their chants be better? Yes but I take my hat off to them week in week out for trying.. 

Absolutely.

L block is dead. The next Tifo should probably just be a coffin with it's name on it.

As a few have said the expansion will be it's final nail and it'll be interesting to see where it's inhabitants go after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

I think if Enzo said anything like this the management at the club would be furious.

Always had the feeling that the club is very happy with the atmosphere as it is. That’s why we never hear anything about things like safe standing, but fan cam and orchestrated flag waving is really pushed. 

• Like 1