Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

13 hours ago, dnewty said:

I think if Enzo said anything like this the management at the club would be furious.

Always had the feeling that the club is very happy with the atmosphere as it is. That’s why we never hear anything about things like safe standing, but fan cam and orchestrated flag waving is really pushed. 

To be honest I think anyone but Klopp doesn't get away with those comments anywhere. He's a god in Liverpool and could take a shit on the halfway line and probably just get applause.

I do think some managers would mention the walking out though. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Enzo mention it when he hopefully has a championship title under his belt. 

On 25/01/2024 at 10:04, Matt said:

image.thumb.png.f21e21bc7e34f69c699c1070a7ef4728.png

:nigel:

A lot of people laughing at this about us being 10th but in reality nearly all those clubs are wrong. Hillsborough was among one of the quietest grounds I've been too so far this season, especially given their fan base.

Ranking stuff like this is just for likes on social media. Everybody puts Leeds at top of everything by default.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, MS0204 said:

I’m fed up of constantly reading Twitter and everyone slagging off the section and thinking l1 is the fortress section.. the singing section is work in progress and it can/will only get better.. if there is 60 or so like minded fans of l1 joined the section then the atmosphere would improve.. I have the upmost respect for ufs and everything they do and try to make the atmosphere and lead the way.. are they perfect no? Could their chants be better? Yes but I take my hat off to them week in week out for trying.. 

Agree about ufs . To be honest it's on the individual.  Me and my daughter buy tickets for the singing section....we sing, we shout, we join in...what more can you do.  I can't force the guy next to me to sing, nor can anyone.  Atmosphere is part of the reason we go to football but I think some like to be near the singing but don't contribute...that won't work.  Back in the day if we wanted to make a noise and be rowdy we headed to pen 2 with a few mates and other like minded individuals. These days with pre booked seats you can't really go as a group and be near each other as there are only pockets of 2 or 3 available and none on the day.  There may be people in the singing section who don't contribute but how do you make them? You can't.  

I don't know what the answer is...I think it's a football wide problem, not just a Leicester problem.  The game has been sanitised.  That said, UFS are trying and you have to applaud that.  No disrespect to L1 but I went to one game there this season and I'm not sure they would add anything to SK1.  Most of the lads spent the game looking at away fans, playing at being hooligans and making hand gestures rather than watch the game and there was very little support/noise.  

Edited by rugbyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

A lot of people laughing at this about us being 10th but in reality nearly all those clubs are wrong. Hillsborough was among one of the quietest grounds I've been too so far this season, especially given their fan base.

Ranking stuff like this is just for likes on social media. Everybody puts Leeds at top of everything by default.

I think it’s more Leeds fans voting for themselves on polls like this!! 

• Like 1

On 23/01/2024 at 17:15, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes. The club are under a fair bit of pressure from the authorities (PL, SGSA) to install safe standing. They know standing happens at every game but they now need to put something in place to allow that to be done safely, not to stop people standing.

However, once it is installed, standing elsewhere will likely be clamped down upon.

This is why the question of how big the area should be is crucial.

As soon as you have a standing section, the rest of the ground becomes the "sit the **** down" section.

56 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

As bad as we were on Tuesday, I'd like to point out the mighty Maidstone are bellowing "shall we sing a song for you?" at Portman Road just now. 

Ironic after all the shit we've had off Ipswich fans.

And the Ipswich massive really getting behind them now! 

1 minute ago, Munshi said:

Very good in SK1, expected though because everyone who was in there actually wanted to be in there today 👍🏼

That's the problem most of the time you have people in there, that don't want to be in there, it kills the singing section completely, you have bottom and top singing, nearly everyone in the middle are mute

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 00rawat said:

That's the problem most of the time you have people in there, that don't want to be in there, it kills the singing section completely, you have bottom and top singing, nearly everyone in the middle are mute

Yep pretty much, so much potential for us to have a really good section with good noise.