Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I know it's been said before a thousand times but when people can migrate to one area it improves the atmosphere.

This is exactly how football used to be. At Filbert St you knew what you were getting depending on where you chose to go for example. 

Then along came the Taylor report and it all changed forever.

There does seem to be a yearning to get back some of what we lost but I fear that today's bullshit at the Hawthorns might set things off course again.

Extra capacity would allow a bit more movement around for people but I also think that may be shelved.

5 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

I know it's been said before a thousand times but when people can migrate to one area it improves the atmosphere.

This is exactly how football used to be. At Filbert St you knew what you were getting depending on where you chose to go for example. 

Then along came the Taylor report and it all changed forever.

There does seem to be a yearning to get back some of what we lost but I fear that today's bullshit at the Hawthorns might set things off course again.

Extra capacity would allow a bit more movement around for people but I also think that may be shelved.

I wouldn't blame the Taylor Report entirely. In our case it was the move over the road that caused the problem. The old Double-Decker's snapped up the South Stand seats as it was the view they were used to. The lads from the pens got diluted all over the place and never re-established much to the relief of the club. We were always seen as a nuisance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I wouldn't blame the Taylor Report entirely. In our case it was the move over the road that caused the problem. The old Double-Decker's snapped up the South Stand seats as it was the view they were used to. The lads from the pens got diluted all over the place and never re-established much to the relief of the club. We were always seen as a nuisance. 

Yep would definitely agree it played a part. Also there was a definitely split between the likes of myself that like to watch football from.behind the goal and fell for the whole SK1 kop thing and those who went to stand in L1 near the away fans. It definitely diluted that group from the old pens/kop and despite the club probably being pleased as you say, it's been at the detriment of our atmosphere ever since we moved.

Guest Fox99
On 27/01/2024 at 20:56, RonnieTodger said:

Section was better today. A lot of people more up for it compared to the usual complacent dullards that don’t joint in. 

It’s just the lack of numbers. It felt bouncing and you could hear Birmingham songs about us being quiet, despite us really giving it a go. Noise doesn’t travel unless there’s a real number behind it. 

Just to go back to this as these are exactly my thoughts. Expanding the section or moving it centrally would be steps forward, the latter option seems particularly unlikely though.

Edited by AW LCFC