Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

It does help when we play positive, attacking football like today. It was a terrific game & a great performance from us. I really enjoyed it & I haven't said that for a long time.

More of the same now Brendan please

Good point it was the complete opposite to how we’ve been playing recently 

36 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Sounds like a great away end so fair play. All I’ve heard in recent weeks is how it’s full of grannies etc so what happened today?

I was there, it was a great away end. Reminded me of florist away games many years ago 

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 17:50, TamworthFoxes said:

My idea to improve our away ends is quite extreme and would require assistance from the club (so will never happen).  But I will explain it.

It involves a anonymous text number which fans can text or ring if they see anyone who comes in the following categories.  Once we have eradicated the category we move onto the next category and only stop when the atmosphere has improved and we are not the laughing stock of football every time the cameras pan onto the crowd.  Once they have been identified they can be issued with a club authorised banning order to stop them getting tickets anymore.

1) Any body with a flask, a porcelain cup or a knitted blanket.

2) Any body over the age of 75.

3) Any body who takes their own clapper.

4) Any body over the age of 70.

5) Any body who wears a club branded bobble hat.

6) Any body who wants to sit down

7) Any body who doesn't make any noise.

8) Any body who has travelled on coach 1.

9) Any body who doesn't drink at least 5 pints before they go in.

10) Any body over the age of 65.

I would like to think things would have improved by the time we got to Category 9 or 10.  

Can we have a section to put all the North Face/Skin Fade Combos aswell

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Sat in hospitality diagonally opposite away fans, very loud and absolute limbs when when it was 1-1. 

One of the best away ends I’ve seen in last few years - mainly for pockets of singing when we were winning - crowd of 300-400ish (bottom right nearest there stand behind the goal were animals 🤣) so refreshing to see after the stick some of our fans give our ends on here.

went with a cov fan and even he said it was absolute limbs. Brazil flags were an incredible touch - we are up there with the best on our day was great to see 🇧🇷 

Yeah that’s the corner we were in. Absolute mayhem for the goals and people actually singing aswell. Honestly unreal how much more it makes me look forward to our games when we can produce an end like that and a result like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Yeah that’s the corner we were in. Absolute mayhem for the goals and people actually singing aswell. Honestly unreal how much more it makes me look forward to our games when we can produce an end like that and a result like that.

yea was honestly an incredible away end and that’s observation opposite side of the ground. Lower tier seemed a lot more lively than upper tear?  Seemed like the home fans were getting pelters a lot of the game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyBoy said:

yea was honestly an incredible away end and that’s observation opposite side of the ground. Lower tier seemed a lot more lively than upper tear?  Seemed like the home fans were getting pelters a lot of the game

To be fair, a lot of the chants were started in upper tier and carried down to the bottom. Just a good end in general it seemed. The Villa fans were absolutely atrocious if I’m being honest. Even when they went 2-1 up it was bad from them 

1 minute ago, Lcfc098 said:

To be fair, a lot of the chants were started in upper tier and carried down to the bottom. Just a good end in general it seemed. The Villa fans were absolutely atrocious if I’m being honest. Even when they went 2-1 up it was bad from them 

Yea holt end makes a racket when they scored for a few minutes but dead after that - sitting with loads of villa fans they moan more than us!! 

I was so close to missing this but so glad I didn’t. Great atmosphere from start to finish and one of the best away ends I’ve been in. A little picky but tete needs a better chant than ole tete, on the train back rhythm is a dancer, tete is the answer was started but wasn’t completed.. 

Still buzzing after today, bring on United in two weeks.. what a day :scarf:

On 30/01/2023 at 17:50, TamworthFoxes said:

My idea to improve our away ends is quite extreme and would require assistance from the club (so will never happen).  But I will explain it.

It involves a anonymous text number which fans can text or ring if they see anyone who comes in the following categories.  Once we have eradicated the category we move onto the next category and only stop when the atmosphere has improved and we are not the laughing stock of football every time the cameras pan onto the crowd.  Once they have been identified they can be issued with a club authorised banning order to stop them getting tickets anymore.

1) Any body with a flask, a porcelain cup or a knitted blanket.

2) Any body over the age of 75.

3) Any body who takes their own clapper.

4) Any body over the age of 70.

5) Any body who wears a club branded bobble hat.

6) Any body who wants to sit down

7) Any body who doesn't make any noise.

8) Any body who has travelled on coach 1.

9) Any body who doesn't drink at least 5 pints before they go in.

10) Any body over the age of 65.

I would like to think things would have improved by the time we got to Category 9 or 10.  

Why do admins leave shit like this in ? have a pop at women, people of colour, LGBTQ+ etc and you are pounced on, vilified and probably banned, yet older fans are constantly ridiculed and generally insulted, it`s getting a bit boring now and needs stamping out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mad biker said:

Why do admins leave shit like this in ? have a pop at women, people of colour, LGBTQ+ etc and you are pounced on, vilified and probably banned, yet older fans are constantly ridiculed and generally insulted, it`s getting a bit boring now and needs stamping out.

Do you sit down away with your clapper?