Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

The worst part is the excuses some make, style of football is boring. Everybody plays football like this now, don’t like it don’t come. We’re top by 10 points, would you rather be in a relegation scrap?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

Our fans are good on our day - if think back to when we won promotion, the great escape, prem league and played in Europe. 

Fans have been on a rollercoaster with the club over the last 15 years or so. The style at the moment isn't conducive to getting the fans going and has slowly deteriorated since the Puel days.

Most leicester fans gravitate to players who bring excitement (like Vardy for example). This period is actually making me appreciate the title winning team even more - not only did we win it, but we won it with one of the most exciting styles of football, which ignited the crowd.

The current style is pre-planned, methodical, predictable and is bringing in positive results - but ignites no passion in the fans. Who traditionally enjoys watching the centre back stand on the ball for what can feel like an age.

It took F#rest fans 30 years to get over this attitude. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

Yeah and both of those top 5 finishes were during the pandemic, stadiums were empty...

What are you even going on about? 3 quarters of the first season was played with fans and it was a shit atmosphere

11 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Did they have any fans? I thought I saw 2 at the start of the game but it looked like they moved. Loads of stewards down there though, but I heard a little cheer when they scored?

They had 300 tonight.  Crowd was just over 28000, same as last game. 

• Like 1

I was at the KP for the first time in years a few weeks ago and couldn’t believe how many left with 10 minutes to go. Also found it strange how quiet everyone was, the loudest thing in the section I was sitting in was the groans, even when we were winning. 

It must be shit for the players. 

19 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Pathetic fan base really. Bunch of entitled boomers who couldn't give a shit and basically have a season ticket so that once in a while during one of their extremely dull conversations with another dullard can say 'I've got a season ticket down the KP'. If it ain't that crowd it's the lump it forward and chew on some gammon brigade. 

Searing hot take on the gammon.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Even thinking about it from a commercial POV, the empty seats are surely a bad look for any business especially when they are performing so well? People up top have to do something which gets people to stay in their seats.

Ban the repeat offenders, get fans who actually like football in.

Obviously that's ludicrous, but that's what it would take.

I can never fathom why proper want to pay 30 quid, the go 5 minutes before half time for a substandard pie, then leave the game 8 minutes early to get back to their boring SUV  so they can save 5 minutes sitting in traffic on the way home. To be honest you'd be better walking further away instead of parking your SUV so close to the ground! Tossers it's embarrassing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

Worst fan base in the country. Don’t care about the numbers, we’ve got shit loads of non football fans, zero passion zero desire. 

It really is broken beyond belief. You get shoots of good like the Birmingham game but the general level is absolutely appalling. I really do fear it's beyond repair. The only hope you can have is that some of the loudest grounds we've been to this season were Coventry and Middlesbrough and they used to be extremely dead as well. Though I don't think there's that same desire - we aren't a bad enough team.

25 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

What are you even going on about? 3 quarters of the first season was played with fans and it was a shit atmosphere

Like I said, the atmosphere has deteriorated at the KP since the club moved towards the new modern way of passing i.e.. Puel then Brendan etc.

The controlled style of the modern game doesn't spark an atmosphere as easily...it's pretty obvious to see for anyone who has been going down a few years...

• Like 1