Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

The people in the ground now are the same people who created the good atmosphere in the ground during the great escape and the premier league winning seasons.

Fans have been spoilt. Simple as that. People also need to be honest and admit that the style of football does not excite the crowd. Watching Vesty and the keeper **** about with it for about 20 minutes of the first half is bloody dull.

I imagine things will improve next year.

Edited by adam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Honestly if Maresca forced the club to take drastic action to sort this shambles of a ground out he'd have pretty much unconditional support from me.

Can you imagine the amount of shit he would get from the BM association 😭😭😭

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Honestly if Maresca forced the club to take drastic action to sort this shambles of a ground out he'd have pretty much unconditional support from me.

What are you expecting him to do!?

Enzo demands a better atmosphere. UFS need to organise a meeting with him and use that to strong hand the club. There needs to be a whole end for people to actually support the team. It’s not a viewing gallery. WE ARE SUPPORTERS

• Like 3

1 minute ago, adam said:

What are you expecting him to do!?

Just keep prodding at them for the absolute embarrassment that it currently is. Actually force their hand to make changes to the layout etc... supplement the atmosphere rather than suppress it. What you're seeing play out here is years of atmosphere suppression mixed with being in a league we're clearly better than (hence it being boring). It's the perfect storm for the flattest imaginable atmosphere.

The disconnect is still there at this club for a large part, although the difference this year is that the fans are at fault more than the team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

As a supporter of the club, you want to be proud of your own fanbase and give the impression of a big club feel to the players and management but how poor it is this season almost takes the gloss off how good a season we are having. 

It's embarrassing. Nobody worth their salt would stick around on these grounds. They must have a right laugh at the state of our support.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Why bother going in the first place then? So many fecking namby parents these days. It's once in a while, if you can't cope with allowing your child to go to bed at half 10 once in a while then you have no concept of reality and real world problems. 

Wonder if Ipswich's family stand empties every night game after 80.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adam said:

The people in the ground now are the same people who created the good atmosphere in the ground during the great escape and the premier league winning seasons.

Fans have been spoilt. Simple as that. People also need to be honest and admit that the style of football does not excite the crowd. Watching Vesty and the keeper **** about with it for about 20 minutes of the first half is bloody dull.

I imagine things will improve next year.

So which is it, the fans are jaded or it’s the style of football? Let’s be honest, it’s not the style with which we’re leading the division in wins, points, goals, and goal difference.   

Edited by The_77
Typo

I was back in my usual seat in SK2 after trying the singing section in the FA Cup and what a difference.

I still chant and try to get behind the lads but it’s pretty much me singing and that’s it.

My mate and I looked at getting a permanent swap into the singing section but the club said there were only seats a considerable distance from each other which wouldn’t work for me and my mate. The guy on the phone said he was expecting a lot of movement there next season!

6 hours ago, foxtillidrop said:

Our fans are good on our day - if think back to when we won promotion, the great escape, prem league and played in Europe. 

Fans have been on a rollercoaster with the club over the last 15 years or so. The style at the moment isn't conducive to getting the fans going and has slowly deteriorated since the Puel days.

Most leicester fans gravitate to players who bring excitement (like Vardy for example). This period is actually making me appreciate the title winning team even more - not only did we win it, but we won it with one of the most exciting styles of football, which ignited the crowd.

The current style is pre-planned, methodical, predictable and is bringing in positive results - but ignites no passion in the fans. Who traditionally enjoys watching the centre back stand on the ball for what can feel like an age.

Our day was almost a decade ago now

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It really is broken beyond belief. You get shoots of good like the Birmingham game but the general level is absolutely appalling. I really do fear it's beyond repair. The only hope you can have is that some of the loudest grounds we've been to this season were Coventry and Middlesbrough and they used to be extremely dead as well. Though I don't think there's that same desire - we aren't a bad enough team.

Cov basically have a new fanbase due to loads of kids jumping on board when they were in League 2/1 and Boro had lots of empty seats to play around with

I’ll be moving to the singing section next season. Currently in P2 and you actually get stared at when you join in with a song. Even when we score it’s more of a polite clap rather than a celebration. Says it all when the only songs came from school kids in the back row.

The Kop and C1 didn’t sound too bad from where I was.

The West Stand may as well not be there.

Edited by dnewty
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, foxtillidrop said:

Our fans are good on our day - if think back to when we won promotion, the great escape, prem league and played in Europe. 

Fans have been on a rollercoaster with the club over the last 15 years or so. The style at the moment isn't conducive to getting the fans going and has slowly deteriorated since the Puel days.

Most leicester fans gravitate to players who bring excitement (like Vardy for example). This period is actually making me appreciate the title winning team even more - not only did we win it, but we won it with one of the most exciting styles of football, which ignited the crowd.

The current style is pre-planned, methodical, predictable and is bringing in positive results - but ignites no passion in the fans. Who traditionally enjoys watching the centre back stand on the ball for what can feel like an age.

What do people want? The 3 or 4 times we tried a longer ball tonight it bounced off the CBs and gave them possession back. Knock it down the channels for people to try to run on to? Teams just don't play like that anymore, aside from Dyche teams and the odd throwback like Wilder or Hodgson. It's hardly Vestergaard's fault if the strikers are standing ten yards off him or the opposition stick in two banks of 5 to try to play through. I'd love Pearson back here but the truth is his last two or three teams haven't exactly been producing title winning football. They've looked as predictable as we're supposedly looking at the moment. Predictable but apparently unstoppable.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I was back in my usual seat in SK2 after trying the singing section in the FA Cup and what a difference.

I still chant and try to get behind the lads but it’s pretty much me singing and that’s it.

My mate and I looked at getting a permanent swap into the singing section but the club said there were only seats a considerable distance from each other which wouldn’t work for me and my mate. The guy on the phone said he was expecting a lot of movement there next season!

Did they show you a screen shot of seats available?

15 minutes ago, dnewty said:

I’ll be moving to the singing section next season. Currently in P2 and you actually get stared at when you join in with a song. Even when we score it’s more of a polite clap rather than a celebration. Says it all when the only songs came from school kids in the back row.

The Kop and C1 didn’t sound too bad from where I was.

The West Stand may as well not be there.

Can I ask if next season you moving absolutely needs to be then or could it be from Sheff Wed?

Only I think showing the club the desire to move now will really help the lot fighting for it to stay and grow out.

• Like 1

I am going to be honest the last 10 years have truly spoilt us as fans, I am 50 years old and never thought I would ever see us crowned Premier League champions and could only dream of seeing us lift the FA Cup at Wembley.

However whilst I cherish those days, I also remember the mediocrity of the bad old times that I have witnessed under Pleat, relegation to league 1 etc. i do think as a fanbase there has become an air of entitlement, almost football snobbery that we don’t belong here, that the championship is beneath us, I am afraid to tell you that attitude will mean m not enjoying or embracing a new era and possibly what will be one of our most successful seasons in our history. 

Yes relegation was a right kick in the old happy sacks for us all, the manner of it and the fact it shouldn’t have happened with the squad we had but it did. We were in a mess and Enzo has picked us back up and got us flying, so embrace it and enjoy seeing your team win and after the negativity of last season, start to build the feel good factor again. Entitled is not a good look. 

• Like 1

Watched some footage of home games from our title winning season and was shocked at how animated the crowd were ( not just the Kop end but every section fans were up on their feet, clapping and shouting) 

Clearly the emotions and noise level were bound to be off the scale at that time given the huge prize almost within our grasp but I feel sad that on the whole so many sections now seem to be so flat and devoid of enthusiasm. 
For me, (although our style of play is literally genius and is why we are where we are )I feel we give a lot of weaker teams too much respect.
I would love to see us mix it up and sometimes just go for it. Kick it long more if the opportunity is on. Get the crowd buzzing again.

Watching chess can be fascinating but sometimes we all need a bit more of an adrenaline boost!

Not forgetting we are all still recovering from BR squeezing every last drop of joy from us as well and that’s gonna take a while to put right