Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I posted last week that I am an STH in SK1 but not in the Singing section (quite near but not near enough, as where I sit it always seems to be me singing by myself). Got a ticket for the Singing section on Saturday and thought the atmosphere was really good. All around me were singing and joining in and the whole of the section seemed pretty united in support, songs starting in different areas not just UFS led.

Couple of questions though:

• Before the season started I enquired about moving to the Singing Section but the only options offered were not really any better ? I would like to move into the singing section for the rest of the season but it looks like it won't work if there are no gaps ?
  • Seems to me the issue with vocal supporters wanting to move to that section is if the people (STHs) who sit there mute won't move somewhere else there will not be the availability so the issue continues ?

2 minutes ago, lcfc67 said:

I posted last week that I am an STH in SK1 but not in the Singing section (quite near but not near enough, as where I sit it always seems to be me singing by myself). Got a ticket for the Singing section on Saturday and thought the atmosphere was really good. All around me were singing and joining in and the whole of the section seemed pretty united in support, songs starting in different areas not just UFS led.

• Before the season started I enquired about moving to the Singing Section but the only options offered were not really any better ? I would like to move into the singing section for the rest of the season but it looks like it won't work if there are no gaps ?
  • Seems to me the issue with vocal supporters wanting to move to that section is if the people (STHs) who sit there mute won't move somewhere else there will not be the availability so the issue continues ?

1. There is space im confident in saying that.

2. Yes its a big big issue that area faces. You could say last night and Saturday there was stark differences in the amount of noise created. Now thats not only down to silent fans not being there for a cup game but it plays a huge part.

5 minutes ago, lcfc67 said:

As above, there is definitely space (for now at least). Another poster a page back managed to get sorted but I did send him Jim's way. The ticket office don't seem quite as switched on when it comes to relocations.

So if you want to move for the rest of the season, get in touch with Jim and he can help you.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lcfc67 said:

Also, that highlighted part, was it the club not offering you many seats in there or was it the fact the seats were much further back or something?

29 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Also, that highlighted part, was it the club not offering you many seats in there or was it the fact the seats were much further back or something?

Can't remember exactly but I think it was that the seats they were offering were really no nearer than where I am today so didn't see the point

• Like 1

For me I am a huge Leicester fan I’m always singing I’m the only person who will jump when we score in my area of the ground (P1) but even for me I don’t feel excited when we score anymore because it’s so common for it to occur. With the issue of stadium atmosphere it is caused by are arrogance to go and win and with the fact the football is very possession based. Next season the atmosphere will be much better in the games when it is more end to end but for now it is shite. The only way I can see improvement is with the expansion of UFS as right now due to it being quite small new fans who want to get involved can’t as the fans who are already their who make no noise can just keep their seats. Also I think over time instead of right now with L1 coming up with chants and UFS singing other chants at the same time.  over time due to L1 really dying out there will be more chants going round the whole stadium which we are already starting to see

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Do you think if it was Man City vs Liverpool in the PL, 1st vs 2nd, with the game in the balance at 1-0, with 5 mins to go the stadium would be half empty? 

It's insane. 

Yeah that is true, no idea what that is all about 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Do you think if it was Man City vs Liverpool in the PL, 1st vs 2nd, with the game in the balance at 1-0, with 5 mins to go the stadium would be half empty? 

It's insane. 

I remember making the same point when Man City were going for the title in a recent season. So yes it does happen there, and their manager has called it out as well. In Man City’s case they have a lot of empty seats when the game starts, nevermind 5 mins from the end.

This wider issue is not just unique to us. It happens at all top clubs, and most in PL, and for many reasons relating to football and the direction it has and is heading in this country.

I’m all about winning games and getting promoted that’s all what matters at the end of the season. However the way we play for large parts of the game is boring this is what sucks the life out of the fans but the players and coaches will be buzzing with it because if we’ve got the ball they can’t score and that’s how their coached. It’s works at this level but I’m not sure if we could play the same in the prem, let’s just get behind the lads and go break that record.

Is there any way of getting a screen shot or similar from Jim or the club to show availability?

If you want to move, generally not just to SK1, is it possible to do it for 1 match to 'test drive' the seats?

With the moaners, a fellow near us SK4, he's SK3, yells "gerrim off" to any player who misplaces a pass or misses an attempt at goal. A whole 5 minutes in last night, Riccy P was his first target, I mean, seriously!

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I hate it. 

Just watched the highlights back and it really is awful to look at. Half-arsed cheers followed by that hideous slappy cardboard sound when there’s a goal.

You can see the disappointment in the faces of the South Stand when we’re awarded the penalty. “Oh ffs please don’t make me get up”

Thousands of lifeless NPCs in their generic blue hats. 

Then look how empty it is for Swansea’s goal. Those that stayed until the final whistle are in the minority. 

Must be that boring football that’s led to 6 goals in the last two games.

there were people around me who didn’t stand for the penalty which sums up our support atm. 

Cov, forest home support so much better than ours. I put it down to not being the underdog and style of play isn’t that exciting.. we cruise through games and are expected to win. It is weird though as it was rocking 2013 -2017 and I suspect most season ticket holders then are still STH now? 

17 hours ago, hejammy said:

This was the family stand around 86 mins......

Just do not understand why recently it's been such a mass exodus at 85 mins. I think we as home supporters should start singing 'is there a fire drill.....' 

Screenshot_20240130_225623_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4345e245617f0eaec7fddbbd8ee70958.jpg

SK1 were singing, 'we can see  you sneaking out', 'is there a fire drill', 'we stay til the end', last night at the mongies leaving early, we need more joining in with it to humiliate the idiots that do leave early week in week out.

Also the club should trace back their seats and ban them from entering the ground should we be celebrating come the end of the season.

The trouble is, those mongies that leave on 85 to miss the traffic as they put it, well with more lemmings joining them, they will start leaving on 80 and the circle continues.

Hopefully they will miss some crucial late goals or the day we clinch it due to other results unfolding etc.

4 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Too many women, children and couples in our fanbase sadly. Can also see it in our away ends but not to the scale of the home end obviously. 

😳😳😳😳

As one of several women here....are we allowed to chat football here too then as we are such a problem at games!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hales said:

😳😳😳😳

As one of several women here....are we allowed to chat football here too then as we are such a problem at games!

Didn’t say women can’t be there. Just said we have too many of them there 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Too many women, children and couples in our fanbase sadly. Can also see it in our away ends but not to the scale of the home end obviously. 

No I do believe that’s slightly harsh.. I have nothing against couples and women that go.. football ain’t all about drugged up alcohol driven lads in stone island wear anymore.. all that’s required is the women and couples to just have a little sing song and show they want to be there.. 

What does annoy me is the amount of people who think the football is disgusting, Enzo is a fraud are still the first ones in the queue when tickets go on sale for all aways, and no doubt Bournemouth will sell out quicker than it should.. I..just..don’t..get..it 

6 hours ago, bovril said:

And let's face it the people who find this season a waste of time aren't suddenly going to find their voices again if we get back in the Premier League. 

Which won't be anywhere near as good as this season.

2 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Didn’t say women can’t be there. Just said we have too many of them there 

Ah well thats ok then! 🤣 jesus christ! 

"Women step away from football or only attend in small numbers"

Sexist pig springs to mind 😡

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

No I do believe that’s slightly harsh.. I have nothing against couples and women that go.. football ain’t all about drugged up alcohol driven lads in stone island wear anymore.. all that’s required is the women and couples to just have a little sing song and show they want to be there.. 

What does annoy me is the amount of people who think the football is disgusting, Enzo is a fraud are still the first ones in the queue when tickets go on sale for all aways, and no doubt Bournemouth will sell out quicker than it should.. I..just..don’t..get..it 

I wouldn’t have an issue if the couples made some noise but majority of the time the woman looks like she’s been dragged along and forced to be there. Just stay at home! Think it was Blackburn away where the woman sat on her seat the whole game on her phone?