Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

I was in the upper and it was fantastic.

stood near 2 blokes either side who didn’t know each other and we didn’t stop.

Think we were all in our 50’s

loved it.

Sounded absolutely class on the highlights, good effort boys. Very jealous! 

• Like 2

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Yes

Was thinking how UFS aren't big fans of the section next to away fans and understandable to an extent but seems like the atmosphere massively improves when there are singers as well as the back and forth with the opposing fans. Just a thought

2 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Was thinking how UFS aren't big fans of the section next to away fans and understandable to an extent but seems like the atmosphere massively improves when there are singers as well as the back and forth with the opposing fans. Just a thought

Not much they can do about that though.

There will never be a 'section' for UFS next to the away fans for home games. 

1 minute ago, Lcfc098 said:

When there was a section for the Brighton cup game next to the away fans, im sure UFS made a point that that was not their preferred location for the section and would rather it be in SK1.

UFS never said that, I said it was me speaking for myself. I would hate to be next to the away support. My own preference is to support the team and not gawp at the away support which I think it would just turn into. 

Edited by SemperEadem

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

UFS never said that, I said it was me speaking for myself. I would hate to be next to the away support. My own preference is to support the team and not gawp at the away support which I think it would just turn into. 

Fair enough. Not fussed about being next to the away fans personally, just think it would give more people in the areas around incentive to sing.

• Like 2

On 04/02/2023 at 21:32, mad biker said:

Why do admins leave shit like this in ? have a pop at women, people of colour, LGBTQ+ etc and you are pounced on, vilified and probably banned, yet older fans are constantly ridiculed and generally insulted, it`s getting a bit boring now and needs stamping out.

I agree. Absolutely no need. I often wonder what exactly kind of supporter fits in with the 'image'. Are only men under the age of 30 allowed to go? Everyone gets old at some point. I'm a female in my 50s, season ticket holder. I sit down at the home games and join in the singing. I go to away games, I stand and join in the singing. As to whether or not in a few years time I am able to stand for 90 minutes, who knows but I have as much right as the younger males. If the camera pans round at the away games and picks out an older lady drinking tea from a flask what gives anyone the right to ridicule them. It doesn't matter whether you are young, old, male, female everyone has a right to be there to support our lads

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Few of my mates said we were the best they'd had down Villa Park this season. 

Think it was the perfect combo of a 3pm, big game and performance and the excitement around the new signings who all performed. 

Everyone went for it in the stands though, keep it going!

Yeah honestly, best away end I’ve been in. Can’t wait for spurs at home now and united the week after. Hopefully it carries on onto them

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Apparently had two coaches turn up on Boldmere High Street and took over the big Wetherspoons there 

Haha nice, that used to be my local growing up. The Bishop Vesey. Many a night in there underage, all hiding upstairs sending anyone with a hint of stubble to the bar.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

What happend in SK1? 

Seemed to be a big stand off with the stewards and police

I’m not sure what started it all but calling other fans cu*ts, sticking fingers up at stewards/police and singing get a real job probably isn’t the best way to deal with it :dunno:

• Haha 2