Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

Football has a problem, a massive problem. 

IMG_4913.png.71eaf0382d3c7bf1acc920c54d62a916.png

Just look at the gaping chasm of empty seats. 

This is a nation that is rapidly falling out of love with the live game, a nation of clubs who no longer value fans. 

Football is nothing without fans”, and yet clubs and television think they can cope - they can’t.  You can argue about league position and the time of the goals, but today’s match saw a plethora of red chairs lying vacant from the off. 

Honestly, if this isn’t addressed, if real fans aren’t encouraged, professional football dies. The connection has been ruptured.

Warning bells are sounding - albeit quietly…and completely silent at 85 minutes. 

That ground has always been empty, aside from when they were in the PL. Go back 20 years when we played them there and you'll see empty seats. 

An issue is clubs moving to 30,000 stadiums when they're never going to fill them. 

I just looked at their attendances and in the decade before moving ground (they moved in 1997), Stoke's best attendance was just under 17,000.

• Like 1

Have to agree ticket prices must be having an effect. For a cat b game it costs me £54 a game for me and my kid. Nearer £60 for cat A which there seems to be more of. We try to go to all the  home games and  it's been a struggle  this season.  That's without all the extras , memberships , price of a shirt and all the other bits. Either have to get there early and have a drink in one of the pubs or pay to park. Will apply for a season ticket again this season . If we're unsuccessful again games will have to become less as I'm sure prices will increase on our return to the prem

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

True for Stoke, not for Preston, Baggies and Blackburn. I commented in the other thread a quote from the Sheffield Utd commentary - same thing. I didn’t go back to check the earlier matches and turned off the TV soon after the Stoke match.

It’s ticket prices, it’s kick off time of day, it’s saturation TV coverage, it’s marketing departments, it’s no terraces, it’s the product and consumer mentality - the commodification of community, it’s last minute fixture changes, it’s financial clout imbalance, it’s multimillionaire twats with bags and Bentleys and drink driving charges, it’s owners taking the piss and incompetent senior management…

It’s because I never watch these shows or have 5 Live on as a rule. I never see these scenes and it was striking last night. Libraries and empty seats. The situation is only going to get worse.

Stokes average attendance is 22,273, a 79.55% utilisation rate. This has increased in the last two seasons.

Wba 22,128, 82.4%
preston 16,475, 69.2% and up in last two season

blackburn 16,673, 49.9% but up on last season 

sheff utd 31,328, 97.7% up in last two seasons.

Stop peddling fake news. Where is the science club of this forum calling for peer reviewed studies to back up this gibberish 

• Like 3

I was talking to a stoke season ticket holder last week, he wasn’t looking forward to yesterdays game lol, but he said that the atmosphere isn’t anything like it used to be, really lacklustre, they get about 22k but everyone tends to sit back up in the stands so it always looks empty on tv.

6 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Need to ask since it’s quite a common chant what are the lyrics to it’s crazy but it’s true I know most of it but can’t understand the first two lines of it 

Some folks talk of Liverpool and Manchester 

We don’t care about them cos we love Leicester 

oh I’ve got a feeling 

and it’s so sweet 

the feeling that I get when I pass filbert street 

it’s crazy but it’s true 

we only love the boys in blue

• Like 3

I know with security, safety etc etc it's not as easy as you'd like...

But it's frustrating when you have stadiums with about 15,000 empty seats but get an away allocation of just over 2,000.

We could have sold our allocation 3 times over for Stoke (& pretty much most aways this season) ... 

Edited by LCFC-92
  • Like 3

Someone somewhere suggested creating and area where all the regular away fans could sit and sing together in the stadium, I actually think thats not a bad idea. No idea how they could facilitate it but got to be worth investigating if the club are genuinely wanting to improve atmosphere. If you had this group of 2000 odd together thst might grow, our away support is embarrassing, the home support is tragic. I suppose most of the 'leave' early muppets couldn't be arsed to travel to another city they might have to spend 5 minutes in traffic, god forbid a motorway closure or roadworks delay the other important things they do. 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Someone somewhere suggested creating and area where all the regular away fans could sit and sing together in the stadium, I actually think thats not a bad idea. No idea how they could facilitate it but got to be worth investigating if the club are genuinely wanting to improve atmosphere. If you had this group of 2000 odd together thst might grow, our away support is embarrassing, the home support is tragic. I suppose most of the 'leave' early muppets couldn't be arsed to travel to another city they might have to spend 5 minutes in traffic, god forbid a motorway closure or roadworks delay the other important things they do. 

There's literally a place called the singing section if people are interested in being around like-minded fans at home games. Not sure how much clearer that could be?

12 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

There's literally a place called the singing section if people are interested in being around like-minded fans at home games. Not sure how much clearer that could be?

A lot of that has long term season ticket holders sat in it, its impossible to seat 2000 like minded people in that area. 

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

A lot of that has long term season ticket holders sat in it, its impossible to seat 2000 like minded people in that area. 

Off the bat no granted.
However game by game more move in then its full, then we pressure for it to expand. Then an end is made. 
There is a process. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Off the bat no granted.
However game by game more move in then its full, then we pressure for it to expand. Then an end is made. 
There is a process. 

I think things could get good once a point of critical mass is reached. It just requires extra people here and there to keep accumulating.

• Like 1

One of the best ends all season but no surprise. There are some grounds we consistently deliver. Stoke, West Brom and Huddersfield three of the top ones - won at all three this season and all were a lot of fun.

I feel like it was the ideal fixture in a way. Stoke are a bad side who played right into our hands so a heavy away win was always likelier here than in most games. I think there's been a lot of shit going on lately, including from the fans and the whole thing felt like a bit of a **** you to some of the stuff that's done the rounds lately, the Swansea video etc... I enjoyed it. Great performance and the end lived up to it as well.

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Off the bat no granted.
There is a process. 

Is the process working?

7 hours ago, lebleu said:

Is the process working?

I guess thats up for debate. 

The idea that there is space now for 2k to move into isn't.

I would say SK1 is now noisier than it was previously and can say that UFS members enjoy home games more in the newer spot. I also know many fans who have moved in to be closer to those guys who enjoy it more than where they were previously.

I look around and see thousands of grumpy faces mind, but thats on those.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think things could get good once a point of critical mass is reached. It just requires extra people here and there to keep accumulating.

We asked for a bigger area for Birmingham but the club were unsure about the "demand" so it didn't happen. And then as usual the section was the first bit of the Kop to sell out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We asked for a bigger area for Birmingham but the club were unsure about the "demand" so it didn't happen. And then as usual the section was the first bit of the Kop to sell out.

Keep fighting the good fight :) 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Clubs hierarchy full of dipshits.

Surely there’d be no harm in doing it?? Stadium wasn’t sold out so it’s not as if there’d be nowhere for those who didn’t wish to participate to move to. 

Any chance they’d do/send out another poll for the members and ST holders to fill out regarding the section? They clearly don’t get that fans (and probably Enzo aswell) would want to see this develop into something larger.

Also, is there a thread that we have on here used for the developments of the section that things like this (the rejected proposal to expand for the Brum game) could be put on?