Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Overthinking it IMO. It's the slow decline of Western culture into lazy humans unable to do anything for ourselves. Lost all drive and ambition, see some people leaving at 80 mins, start to get FOMO and also leave. Suddenly you have a trend.

If you look at videos, posts, comments from the 70s onwards, there is lots of content from old and tired people who are sick of life complaining about the 'game being lost.' It will be exactly the same for generations to come. Football will forever 'be gone' even though right now we are statistically in a boom period.

37 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Overthinking it IMO. It's the slow decline of Western culture into lazy humans unable to do anything for ourselves. Lost all drive and ambition, see some people leaving at 80 mins, start to get FOMO and also leave. Suddenly you have a trend.

If you look at videos, posts, comments from the 70s onwards, there is lots of content from old and tired people who are sick of life complaining about the 'game being lost.' It will be exactly the same for generations to come. Football will forever 'be gone' even though right now we are statistically in a boom period.

I agree to an extent, but I don't think there's ever been a change in probably any sport as much as there has been in football these last 5 or so years.

Coincides with an increased interest in lower league football. I agree that some people are just bored as a society, but I do also think that people are missing raw football.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

None of these things stop you from opening your gob though.

No, I completely agree.

I was more on about the attitude of some & early leavers etc.

Vocally, yeah, that's just poor. Leeds still manage to make Elland Road a fortress. 

Our atmosphere, for a team of our history. Currently walking what is a tough league, baffles me.

12 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

I agree to an extent, but I don't think there's ever been a change in probably any sport as much as there has been in football these last 5 or so years.

Coincides with an increased interest in lower league football. I agree that some people are just bored as a society, but I do also think that people are missing raw football.

But the change has resulted in growth. Non league is growing (not checked any stats for this) but elite football is undoubtedly growing. If a material group of people are missing raw football, it is not showing,.You'll have plenty on this forum proclaiming they're 'done with it' like last season, but will still be on their knees gagging for STs and away tickets next season.

And if others switch to non-league, how long until they are bored of that and move onto ice hockey, then bored of that and move onto XX. You get my drift.

• Like 1

Home atmosphere improvements to do list:

• Collate all like minded fans in one area of the ground together
  • Install sufficient amount of rail safe seating
  • Newly formed 'singing section' to stand for duration of game (safely, obviously!)
  • Collectively learn the lyrics to the songs
  • Sing at every opportunity, get behind the team, come what may
  • Limbs whenever we score
  • Sing offensive hostile songs. Make the KP a horrible place for away teams to visit
  • Remove (or at least turn the volume down on) goal music
  • Regular pyro, banners and tifo in said singing section
  • reduce prices in new rail seating area

Job done. Simple :ph34r:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Home atmosphere improvements to do list:

• Collate all like minded fans in one area of the ground together
  • Install sufficient amount of rail safe seating
  • Newly formed 'singing section' to stand for duration of game (safely, obviously!)
  • Collectively learn the lyrics to the songs
  • Sing at every opportunity, get behind the team, come what may
  • Limbs whenever we score
  • Sing offensive hostile songs. Make the KP a horrible place for away teams to visit
  • Remove (or at least turn the volume down on) goal music
  • Regular pyro, banners and tifo in said singing section
  • reduce prices in new rail seating area

Job done. Simple :ph34r:

Now try and persuade the club to do that 😂 but I do agree 100% 

• Like 1

As an aside, can I say that if anyone from Hillsborough feels they can sing “Leicester’s a shithole” with no sense of irony this evening ……… I shall boycott Henderson’s relish for the rest of my days by way of protest! 

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

As an aside, can I say that if anyone from Hillsborough feels they can sing “Leicester’s a shithole” with no sense of irony this evening ……… I shall boycott Henderson’s relish for the rest of my days by way of protest! 

To be fair, they will have a point that I just can't argue with.

But I really get your point too. 

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

2 hours ago, LCFC-92 said:

It's just the average age of fans is older now, ergo more moaners in the stadium!

Expand the stadium now!

... or just swap the kop with the family stand!

• Haha 1

Can’t understand the issue the club has. The atmosphere would improve drastically if you simply stuck the away support in the corner next to the kop. (Ala Filbert street) L1 would then naturally move to the Kop (assuming the reason for sitting in L1 is to be near the away support) joining the “singing section” 

Just a couple of points.

One,  the KP Atmosphere has never been the best and I doubt it ever will be. We've seen some of the best away fans in the country come down, all 3000 plus of them going absolutely mental and you can't hear a thing at the other end of the ground. yes the 2015/16 season, Champions League games we're exceptions but they were exceptional times.

Two, If you think singing "Is there a fire drill", "We can see you sneaking out" is the way to get people to stay and  join in, you're going to be disappointed. I don't care what your thinking is but we should never turn on our own, the players, the manager's, owner's of this club will all come and go, we are the one constant.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I just don’t think they understand it. They aren’t football people that’s the problem. 

If Enzo did a similar rant to what Klopp did a few weeks ago calling out the fans this board would be furious.

They want things like fan cam, honesty flags and clappers.

Im still not totally convinced they will carry on with the singing section. One bit of minor trouble in that area and it’ll be cancelled very quickly.

Edited by dnewty
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

It's just the average age of fans is older now, ergo more moaners in the stadium!

Expand the stadium now!

... or just swap the kop with the family stand!

Reading some of the posts on this thread I would say its the other way round!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Can’t understand the issue the club has. The atmosphere would improve drastically if you simply stuck the away support in the corner next to the kop. (Ala Filbert street) L1 would then naturally move to the Kop (assuming the reason for sitting in L1 is to be near the away support) joining the “singing section” 

The away support is where there for a reason, near the drop off points for their coaches and an easy get away after the game coming into minimal contact with the home support. 

If we go ahead with the developments I can't see anyone at the club or police wanting to have them cross the new concourse to the other side of the ground.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dnewty said:

If Enzo did a similar rant to what Klopp did a few weeks ago calling out the fans this board would be furious.

Im still not totally convinced they will carry on with the singing section. One bit of minor trouble in that area and it’ll be cancelled very quickly.

The club already don’t think it’s working. 

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

I've said elsewhere on this forum, the reply to 'is this a library" or "Football in a library" should be....

You can't even read

You can't even read

Thick northern b*stards

You can't even read.

Surely the correct response to the library accusation should just be “Ssssshhhhhhh” ? 

19 minutes ago, dnewty said:

He's hinted at it loads of times. His comments after Swansea were stark. I think there was a loud reaction at Stoke away from the fans, which appeared to push the players to play at a higher pace, which appeared to push the fans even more,....and the virtuous cycle is in full spin. Maybe I'm being too ambitious with my assessment here.

• Like 1