Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Can I ask why?

No!

Of course, probably three things. I’ll be honest, I don’t know some the new-ish songs, I’m sure I could find the lyrics but have a job, kids etc filling my time. When there is a song and I sing, there’s sometimes a lot around not singing and tbh I feel a bit conscious as I’m no Andrea Bocelli. Combining the above two, when there is momentum building on a certain song and people are getting involved it switches too quick to a new one and it dies off again.

17 minutes ago, brookfox said:

No!

Of course, probably three things. I’ll be honest, I don’t know some the new-ish songs, I’m sure I could find the lyrics but have a job, kids etc filling my time. When there is a song and I sing, there’s sometimes a lot around not singing and tbh I feel a bit conscious as I’m no Andrea Bocelli. Combining the above two, when there is momentum building on a certain song and people are getting involved it switches too quick to a new one and it dies off again.

Fair enough. If you want I could send you some of the newer stuff?

• Like 1

Funny how people view it because I thought the chants such as Winks had far more pick-up. 

And when you had half right support like Wednesdays last night but they only had a chant for Bannan, you realise how it's worth cherishing those player based chants. 

Think the Cannon one is a stinker tho - makes no sense 

• Like 3

Feel like a broken record but the section was good again last night, the vast majority elsewhere not so (shock).

If you want to move to where there is some semblance of an atmosphere you know what to do. If you need help with this, there are numerous people on this forum willing to assist.

• Like 3

I sat in the Keith Weller seats last night and have to say bravo to the 'signing section'. Gave it a real good go all game and you could certainly hear them, I just can't grasp how the row directly next to them all sit perfectly still/arms folded. It's like they are doing it in protest, if the block next to them got involved it would gradually cascade around. 

One thing to note could also hear L1 at times but they were never in sync with the 'section' or even singing the same song, which makes it pretty clear that they can't hear each other. 

Wednesday were good considering their league position.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Collymore said:

So much confusing opinions floating about. You go on the Wednesday forum and a lot of their fans think it was some of the best away support of the season. They also claim we're the quietest they've come across. People on here claim Wednesday were quiet and we actually were decent tonight. 

Think it points to one thing - the terrible and inconsistent acoustics at the KP. If you're in the family stand all you can hear is the away fans very loud you can't hear anything else at all. When I sat near the singing section a few weeks a go it was very loud but you don't hear really much else, even if the away fans are having a good day. 

The sound just doesn't seem to carry at all anywhere. 

tbf the wednesday fans were decent, wasnt the best away support we've had their this season, been Leeds for me 

3 hours ago, teblin said:

I personally thought the atmosphere was better last night that it had been in some games. (Swansea was particularly bad)

Swansea was awful.  Very flat. I think that was a lot to do with  low attendance and the ease we won though.  Better yesterday.  

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Fatawu song excellent

Ricky P song horrifically cringe lol

:mad: If your not in love with riccardo then i will fight you too!!!

2 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

I will fight you

:scarf:

• Thanks 1

Couple of things since last night in the comments I’d like to add.. 

First of all W-OUT and not Woot definitely needs a song lol his energy in the last few games has been immense and he’s playing like messi sometimes with his bursting runs.. a handful then go wooooooo which sounds like a boo most of the time. Let’s come up with a few ideas in the songs thread and get one started for him.. im sure a song about his hair can be made.

If we are 3/4 or the way through a season and people are still commenting on not enough people are singing because they don’t know the words is baffling.. these are songs sung at every match, most are on here, most are all over social media, ufs have done an update on their songs page. In the nicest possible way of saying they can’t do anymore! Sorry but it’s lies with you (that’s not aimed as exactly one individual btw) everyone leads a busy life but these are chants done at every home game, you don’t have to go researching if you ain’t got the time, but don’t be afraid to ask as I’m sure the atmosphere will get better for it.. 

There were so many empty seats in the section last night a handful of sk2 or so could have moved and joined in.. 

One last thing, yes the fatawu chant is class.. that will only get better the more it gets aired.. 

Tommy cannon :dunno: someone hit the nail on the head, it don’t make sense.. 

• Like 1

The work this year to get unique songs for so many of players is excellent work by the fans. Rather than the usual duh duh duh *player name*.

We can be very self critical as a fan base - sometimes justifiable. However, this is definately a pat on the back.