Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

4 hours ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Yesterday was my first time this season not going to a home game and it really is silent other than SK1 it feels like of the 28,000 that were there 1,500 sing and 26,500 people are silent all game. I also noticed that when UFS were singing come on Leicester boys make some ****ing noise the amount of people singing sounded no louder but the clappers got much louder just proves that people think if they hit their clapper they are doing enough for the atmosphere they really need binning off 

I keep hoping when they do that pony fire crap pre match it sets light to all those crappy clappers  and the morons slapping them. If that offends some I don't give a monkeys.  If all you can do is slap yourselves with a bit of card  ,you  don't deserve the club

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Corky said:

The amount of adults who use them is remarkable. The youngsters I get- if I was 12-14 and had been going for 6/7 years then they would appeal to me, I'm sure- but blokes who have presumably been going for several decades whacking folded up card is a truly bizarre look and we have thousands of them.

For f—k sake give it a rest will you, you want to be glad you don’t have someone next to you with the wooden rattle like in the old days.

• Haha 2

On 13/02/2024 at 21:59, BlueSi13 said:

As others have said it's a nationwide problem.  Passion for the game has gone.  People don't REALLY give much of a fuq these days.  I honestly overhear more people casually talk about the Darts, NFL or F1 personally.   

Ticket prices, VAR, Sky's decline and obsession with the big 6, FFP, bloated calendar, corruption, absurd player wages etc etc etc it's all been building to this.  The sport has become...distant...something to casually watch every now and again.

The people are bored.  

Something me and the missus noticed years ago ... when leaving the ground, you genuinely wouldn't know if we'd won 3-0 or lost 3-0. 

And even when we were relegated after the West Ham match last season, there was still no change in the demeanour of the fans walking home.   Same old, vaguely bored.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Something me and the missus noticed years ago ... when leaving the ground, you genuinely wouldn't know if we'd won 3-0 or lost 3-0. 

And even when we were relegated after the West Ham match last season, there was still no change in the demeanour of the fans walking home.   Same old, vaguely bored.

You never ever hear songs in the streets before now, thats gone at our place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I'll always remember, 
When Leicester won the league.
When Vardy broke the record,
And Mahrez ruled supreme.
They said we couldn't do it,
Ranieri dared to dream,
We're the famous Leicester City and we won the Premier League.

Shared in 2017 but never picked up.

Could UFS boys get this going again? 

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah we still sing it at times. Only thing is it would be about the fifth tune in our Arsenal to that tune.

I think those types of chants are what generates the most noise. Like the Vardy one, definitely one of our loudest. 

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Aye but having five songs to the same tune is crackers.

Which others do we have? I know Vardy one and Enzo went to europe. Struggling with the others but probably missing some obvious ones

12 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Based on the atmosphere you wouldn't realise we're top of the league, leading scorers and having a fantastic season.

If I didn't know different I would think we're a mid-table team with nothing to play for.

I blocked loony on Twitter months ago.. I’m sure he made out like l1 is the fortress when others completely disagree lol he’s got some serious tinted specs on and is the sort of person who would do 5+5 and come out with 11.. 

He obviously spouts so much cack that he wants people to give him the attention, but what we all doing? :dunno::D

13 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Sometimes i envy the likes on here who's biggest worry is if people of different ages use card to make a noise at football matches :D

It's not that deep guys, chill

Sometimes I envy the likes on here who discuss various aspects of their experience supporting Leicester City on a forum specifically designed for that purpose.

It's not that deep guys, chill.