Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

On 14/02/2024 at 22:00, oz was my hero said:

I keep hoping when they do that pony fire crap pre match it sets light to all those crappy clappers  and the morons slapping them. If that offends some I don't give a monkeys.  If all you can do is slap yourselves with a bit of card  ,you  don't deserve the club

If this offends you I also don't give a monkey's. 

You're a twat for looking down on people who have followed this club a lot longer than you. I started going in the 70s and like all clubs/grounds there are areas that are full of singers and other areas that hardly make a noise.

kin idiot

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Absolutely. Both BSLB and Owynn at RL have been huge helps to the group. Being a little more open has been a good change of tact for the group I feel.

I really agree

I think many get the wrong impression of the group, but being a bit more open and having little interviews with both those above has really altered the thoughts many have. It's great to see. Personally I also enjoy hearing how a lot of the TIFOs are made and the behind the scenes work

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I really agree

I think many get the wrong impression of the group, but being a bit more open and having little interviews with both those above has really altered the thoughts many have. It's great to see. Personally I also enjoy hearing how a lot of the TIFOs are made and the behind the scenes work

Next month it looks like we will run another fans forum night. Might be something you would enjoy?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I'll always remember, 
When Leicester won the league.
When Vardy broke the record,
And Mahrez ruled supreme.
They said we couldn't do it,
Ranieri dared to dream,
We're the famous Leicester City and we won the Premier League.

Shared in 2017 but never picked up.

I thought this was meant to be to the Allez Allez Allez Liverpool song, not to JVs magic.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

I thought this was meant to be to the Allez Allez Allez Liverpool song, not to JVs magic.

I sung that in my head to jv magic tune and it seemed ok but F Yeah.. allez allez allez works much better lol I can see orders of cyanide pukka pies being ordered as people read this :P

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ha, I'd never realised they were interchangable tunes 

It actually works well with both.. people will hate it, some will love it. For me it’s a song that when sung well it sounds incredible.. just like flower of Scotland being heard at Hampden, another incredible moment 

2 hours ago, MS0204 said:

I blocked loony on Twitter months ago.. I’m sure he made out like l1 is the fortress when others completely disagree lol he’s got some serious tinted specs on and is the sort of person who would do 5+5 and come out with 11.. 

He obviously spouts so much cack that he wants people to give him the attention, but what we all doing? :dunno::D

L1 looking well 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

L1 looking well 

So Leicester have just scored, l1 are standing there doing sit down signs and if you looked by the stewards head at the section?? Honestly loony and the rest of everyone saying the atmosphere is next to the away fans is utterly delusional  

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

L1 looking well 

Does amuse me when we see posts saying that L1 is where the singing section should be etc and then we cut to L1 and they're too busy filming away fan reactions or goading them to make any noise 

1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

It actually works well with both.. people will hate it, some will love it. For me it’s a song that when sung well it sounds incredible.. just like flower of Scotland being heard at Hampden, another incredible moment 

For me I’d love it to be allez allez allez. And would mean we wouldn’t have 5 chants to the same song.

But it would split the fanbase too much and wouldn’t see it getting off the ground. 

Can give it a go Saturday tho?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

For me I’d love it to be allez allez allez. And would mean we wouldn’t have 5 chants to the same song.

But it would split the fanbase too much and wouldn’t see it getting off the ground. 

Can give it a go Saturday tho?

I think a couple have said they don’t fancy it but I think it’s one of those unless it’s tried then you won’t know.. 

2 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I think a couple have said they don’t fancy it but I think it’s one of those unless it’s tried then you won’t know.. 

2.25 onwards. Allez Allez Allez sounds class and would do with that chant. Something proper to commemorate it with

• Like 1

On 13/02/2024 at 15:11, indierich06 said:

I'm probably on my own, but I find the performative, unnatural and manufactured atmosphere that's taken hold of football in recent years really grating. Forced 'limbs' (hate the phrase) - who is genuinely throwing themselves about like they're in a ****ing mosh pit when their team scores a goal unless you're winning the league or a cup final? Oh and don't forget to have someone film it as well, so it can be uploaded to social media and everyone can say what good little fans we are. Letting off pyro to celebrate a scrappy 1-0 away win in the arse end of nowhere - it all just seems a bit desperate to me and seems to be much more about keeping up appearances than anything else. Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old ****er and these people are genuinely trying to make a better atmosphere at games, but none of it works as it doesn't (and can't) address the root cause.

Football atmosphere will remain stale or manufactured because a) young people and b) working class people are generally priced out of going to most games. The demographic is older/wealthier than it's ever been and that won't change any time soon - the older and the wealthier generally aren't going to generate that atmosphere. This article from Vice back in 2017 sums it up, if anything things have gotten worse since then - English 'atmosphere' at games is one of the biggest myths out there:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/53xwp8/squeezed-fans-silent-stadiums-the-myth-of-premier-league-atmosphere

That's the reason why home games are dead, and why away games have a good atmosphere - the people who naturally want to make that kind of atmosphere are in the minority, at home games you've got a mix of different fans, from fanatics, to fairweather fans, to tourists - at away games you've got the hardcore element. Almost every club up and down the country has the exact same issue. A few flags, or safe standing, or pyro or fake 'limbs' isn't going to change the fact that most game-attending fans don't want to/aren't naturally inclined to create that atmosphere.

It's 100% wank like this I'm talking about by the way. 1-0. At ****ing Rotherham. ooooh limbs.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

It's 100% wank like this I'm talking about by the way. 1-0. At ****ing Rotherham. ooooh limbs.

Just seen that.

Anyone that has ever done that or looks at that and thinks its cool needs to grow up.

• Like 2