Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 hours ago, MS0204 said:

So Leicester have just scored, l1 are standing there doing sit down signs and if you looked by the stewards head at the section?? Honestly loony and the rest of everyone saying the atmosphere is next to the away fans is utterly delusional  

This is why I’m still certain bringing back the poznan would be a good idea it maybe be cringey but I’d rather have that cringe than people standing around like they are there and I bet despite are atmosphere being shite it would catch on round parts of the stadium obviously excluding parts like the west stand but when we used to do the Poznan when we scored did they join in then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

L1 was good first half on Tuesday night. Poor second half but oh my god how many blue ****** have moved to L1 (mainly the front of L1, still decent top) That video is embarrassing. Bunch of gimps tryna intimidate the away end just getting laughed at. I know loads of lads that have given up/moved from L1 now 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, indierich06 said:

It's 100% wank like this I'm talking about by the way. 1-0. At ****ing Rotherham. ooooh limbs.

If that is their first goal then that was to make it 1-1 😂😂. (Though some nice skill in scoring).

5 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think it’s more the fact that considering how well we are doing … 

I honestly don’t think it makes that much difference. 

You only need to go into a Foxestalk match day topic. People will moan as we are not 4-4-2, smash it long, miss the midfield and it’s basically not a basket ball match.

Football has changed to be a more tactical and technical game. Some people don’t find it as entertaining and exciting, so the core fans base is changing. 

The demographic has changed that attends a match as well. Are the younger demographic more introverted? Who knows, however it will play a factor in my opinion. 

That may change again when we actually expand the stadium and have more general sale tickets etc. 

I do wonder how lo no it will be before they start piping in crowd sound into the stadium though! 

8 hours ago, Vardy Party said:

L1 was good first half on Tuesday night. Poor second half but oh my god how many blue ****** have moved to L1 (mainly the front of L1, still decent top) That video is embarrassing. Bunch of gimps tryna intimidate the away end just getting laughed at. I know loads of lads that have given up/moved from L1 now 

@HighPeakFox

Have a word mate👍🏾

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

The Chang rubbish they are selling 

Wouldn’t this come down to the catering company they use, compass I think it is. Also I take it the advertised abv on the menu boards isnt 2.8%. If so would it give the club reason to get rid of the shit caterers and set something decent up in replacement? 

5 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Wouldn’t this come down to the catering company they use, compass I think it is. Also I take it the advertised abv on the menu boards isnt 2.8%. If so would it give the club reason to get rid of the shit caterers and set something decent up in replacement? 

It’s a beer deal with the club, not gbe catering company, the beer is supplied under the agreement and simply watered down form get go ! 

• Thanks 1

On 15/02/2024 at 16:09, indierich06 said:

It's 100% wank like this I'm talking about by the way. 1-0. At ****ing Rotherham. ooooh limbs.

They’re from Hull FFS.  They’ve been waiting for centuries to have something to get excited about! You’ve got to let them have this, surely? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

For those of you slagging off our away support, and saying how fantastic Cov are at the moment ...

Skip to 2m 0s in the highlights below of Plymouth v Coventry last Wednesday night.      Cov's 90+6 minute dramatic equaliser greeted with less than fanatical scenes!

What's your point? 

6 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

For those of you slagging off our away support, and saying how fantastic Cov are at the moment ...

Skip to 2m 0s in the highlights below of Plymouth v Coventry last Wednesday night.      Cov's 90+6 minute dramatic equaliser greeted with less than fanatical scenes!

You can find similar scenes of Forest's brilliant "atmosphere" pre-Cooper too. Half empty City Ground, smattering of applause as they struggle between 16th and 19th. I think it was Talksport earlier saying that Nunoball isn't getting the locals off their seats and the famous Forest atmosphere is in hibernation.

I spotted the clappers coming back at Fulham the other night. The disease spreads if it's left untreated.

6 hours ago, Jackubu said:

What's your point? 

Fairly obvious, I would've thought.

Quite a lot on here have been going on about our away support being uniquely terrible.  The worst in the whole world.   No passion.  No enthusiasm even for cheering goals.   No "limbs". 

But it seems we're not alone.

Anything else you want me to explain?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Fairly obvious, I would've thought.

Quite a lot on here have been going on about our away support being uniquely terrible.  The worst in the whole world.   No passion.  No enthusiasm even for cheering goals.   No "limbs". 

But it seems we're not alone.

Anything else you want me to explain?

Tbf I’ve most defending the away support particularly post Christmas this season 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Tbf I’ve most defending the away support particularly post Christmas this season 

Agreed.   It has got a bit better recently.   All we can do, is try and get some improvement.      I've only managed to get to a few away games this seasons, and it's been ok-ish.

Can we close the thread by stating the common denominator of poor stadium atmospheres isn’t the old, the new, the young, the lady folk, the timid, the large the small or whatever else that has been quoted…but the simple introduction of seating.

Sitting down suppresses our impulses it’s as simple as that, this goes for our stadium and every other stadium in the country.
Anyone pointing to a stadium in Germany, Italy, Turkey wishing our fans were like these look they are on their feet (and have pyros in most cases) in the main.

Take any music concert it is a totally different atmosphere if standing or sitting for both the crowd and the artist, it’s no different.
Artists & choirs don’t sit to belt out a number they are up on their feet moving and reacting to the energy of a dancing crowd they only go and sit when doing a slow Love ballad to bring everyone down to feel the emotion in the song.

I’d wager any artist prefers to perform in front of a 15k standing crowd than a 25k sitting crowd, where as their financial management team would rather the reverse.

Any away fans section, ours included, sounds better because ‘their’ away it’s not ‘their’ patch & they want to stick it to the police, stewards home fans and those 1-3k fans are more likely to ignore rules & regulations and stand for the majority of the game more so than if at home in your ST seat…and once stood it frees the impulses to engage…..arrgghhhh make it stop please.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Anyone pointing to a stadium in Germany, Italy, Turkey wishing our fans were like these look they are well organised.

Fixed.

We have four-figures minimum standing at most grounds in England - including ours - but no will to organise effectively, unlike elsewhere.