Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

6 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

SK1 was pretty loud right from KO, but there also seemed to be times when the whole end was together, maybe there is hope. 

Yesterday was the most I’ve heard in a long time the most chants going round the whole stadium and last 5 is the loudest I’ve heard KP in years i think it was because maybe the fans still thought at 2-0 down we could still win or get a point Ik I did. Also it might have been because it was the first game of the season where it felt uncomfortable in a different way to are other loses and we were losing in an exciting match 

27 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

WTF is wrong with people and why do they bother going to football if its such an inconvenience to be in a bit of traffic?

To a % of people (unfortunately getting larger) "beating the traffic" is their number 1 sport.   It's what they're really passionate about.     It's insane, but there you go ... :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

I don't get it.  However hard I try to understand it, it's just beyond me.  I really thought we might get an equaliser and you couldn't have got me out of there before the end for love nor money.

You are right, there's nothing like a last minute winner or equaliser......and if we had got one, given the atmosphere yesterday, the place would have gone up like we haven't seen this season....why why why would you want to risk missing that? 

It’s even worse when your sitting down and and have to keep getting up and sitting down like it’s a game of musical chairs.. at least when your standing it’s a shuffle to the side. So by going 2-0 down and seeing everyone pile out then vardy scoring, many dash back in. So are they piling out due to frustration or to beat the traffic, because the amount of people running back in suggest the first option.. 

I really couldn’t image walking out, hearing a roar and then knowing there is 3, 4 or 5 mins extra time. From then being 2-1 down yesterday you’ve got 11 mins or so to grab an equaliser. How many times have you even seen a team 2-1 down and winning from that point.. 

I get that people pay their money and can leave when they want, but people have a right to moan and voice their opinion if your inconvenienced as much as the stay till the enders are. 2-1 down entering 90 mins and people are shuffling to the side and looking through the people who are having a casual chat, shaking hands and saying see you at qpr.. it winds me up.. what has siting in the east done to me lol

5 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

what is the hurry?

I have actually asked this to someone I know who insists on leaving on 89, regardless of situation

There isn't a satisfactory answer. And I'm gonna guess most people are the same. It's vague along the lines of 'i wanna get home' and 'i dont wanna be sat for half an hour in traffic' ....but I pushed as for the 'why'....as in why are you so against sitting in traffic. What do you need to be at home for. And the answer isn't forthcoming. Basically there isn't a reason. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I have actually asked this to someone I know who insists on leaving on 89, regardless of situation

There isn't a satisfactory answer. And I'm gonna guess most people are the same. It's vague along the lines of 'i wanna get home' and 'i dont wanna be sat for half an hour in traffic' ....but I pushed as for the 'why'....as in why are you so against sitting in traffic. What do you need to be at home for. And the answer isn't forthcoming. Basically there isn't a reason. 

Genuinely mind boggling.  And as a purely financial view, at 35, 40 (at least) quid a pop, doing anything else you would stay get your money's worth 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Genuinely mind boggling.  And as a purely financial view, at 35, 40 (at least) quid a pop, doing anything else you would stay get your money's worth 

I agree.   And it's so mind boggling, we keep on discussing it.   You just keep on thinking "why?" and as @Paninistickers said above, they never really have an answer.   It's weird beyond belief.

It's also the inverted logic they use.   "I've got a long journey home, so I need to get away early".   Bill hooks.    I used to live near on 150 miles away, and the greatest % of the journey is in the 150 miles.  Being stuck on the Welford/Aylestone Road for 20 minutes is nothing.   Just relax and listen to Pipes giving his post-match views.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

It's been said so many times, this only becomes on the clubs radar if more move in now.

If it happens, would expansion be towards the lower part of SK1 or in the SK2 direction? 

Random thought and not really relevant to this thread but wonder, once the expansion commences, if the club maybe should 'paint over' the many seats that are fading away.

Edited by Wymsey

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

If it happens, would expansion be towards the lower part of SK1 or in the SK2 direction? 

I don’t know sorry. 
The club dropped out some info on safe standing but then ignored any questions on this after it frustratingly.

Still trying to chase on this and a meeting on atmosphere in general.

- Personally I think you would get a much bigger buy in from G1 than SK2.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Random thought and not really relevant to this thread but wonder, once the expansion commences, if the club maybe 'paint over' the many seats that are fading away.

Came up in conversation at the tifo set out on Friday now just how dirty and faded they now are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Random thought and not really relevant to this thread but wonder, once the expansion commences, if the club maybe 'paint over' the many seats that are fading away.

They done it a season or two back. 

They blow torch them. It's not had the outcome we wanted though has it 😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rugbyblue said:

I don't get it.  However hard I try to understand it, it's just beyond me.  I really thought we might get an equaliser and you couldn't have got me out of there before the end for love nor money.

You are right, there's nothing like a last minute winner or equaliser......and if we had got one, given the atmosphere yesterday, the place would have gone up like we haven't seen this season....why why why would you want to risk missing that? 

I genuinely dont think they care that much, some people just can't bare to sit in traffic and would sacrifice missing goals. Of course there's no guarentee you'll escape the traffic anyway. 

I don't think it's worth trying to decipher  though, it was the same when I started going regularly back in the early 90's....I would talk to my dad about it because at the time we always seem to score late goals, it made no difference come 89 minutes streams of fans would be heading for the exit.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

They done it a season or two back. 

They blow torch them. It's not had the outcome we wanted though has it 😕

Perhaps that the most cost-effective and efficient way for the club to try and solve the issue?