Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

16 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I genuinely dont think they care that much, some people just can't bare to sit in traffic and would sacrifice missing goals. Of course there's no guarentee you'll escape the traffic anyway. 

I don't think it's worth trying to decipher  though, it was the same when I started going regularly back in the early 90's....I would talk to my dad about it because at the time we always seem to score late goals, it made no difference come 89 minutes streams of fans would be heading for the exit.

Fair point.  It isnt a particularly new thing I accept

To those that don't like sitting in traffic, "Get on your bike"

That way you can weave in & out of lanes, cycle on the path & jump every red light thus making your journey home much quicker.

Edited by boots60
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Was much better in the second half yesterday.

Tragic that Vardy‘s goal wasn’t enough to stop those miserable bastards heading for the exits.

Still, felt like a bit of a throwback in the second half. Enjoyed it. 

I enjoyed it too.  In fact, even though it feels strange to say, I enjoyed it more than most games this season.  

Although it may be alien to some, we don't all go to football to see a walkover or a game won at little more than walking pace.  We go for the atmosphere, the anticipation of that equalising goal, all pulling together when we are behind and willing the ball into the net, the excitement.  

Of course I want Leicester to do well and win every week, but give me a tight 2-1 game with a last minute winner over a training game esque 4-0 win that was over at half time all day long.  That explosion when we get the winner can't be beat!

Edited by rugbyblue
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

The 85 minute leavers all started leaving at 81 that pissed me off no end. Proves that it isn’t about beating the traffic etc. 

They're going to leave whatever the score, whatever the value of the game.

Saw all them leave and start cheering on the stairs when we scored. And continued leaving 

18 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am guessing here, but I suspect some people want to leave the stadium quickly and unimpeded. Walking slowly in large crowds isn't for everyone, but I'm reaching here. 

There are many who will do so out of habit. I know many watch the last of the game on the big screens downstairs so they can make a quick exit. But I agree that there are many who will have personal reasons to do so.  Around us there are a few easy access areas and quite a few people leave early who need help walking or struggle a little with stairs. Lady behind us always says sorry when she leaves because she has to get to work on time. Can't really complain with those.

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Came up in conversation at the tifo set out on Friday now just how dirty and faded they now are.

Very noticeable now. They replaced a section in the West Stand which really stands out.

The whole place could do with an facelift, to be honest.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Keep making this point but that used to be part of the fun, having the Moan-In or Sports Report on. Taking in whatever happened in other games while crawling down The Saff.

Think the "I pay my money, I'll do what I like" crew need to start admitting to themselves that "I waste my money" and spend their Saturdays some other way.

Complete hindrance to their day isn't it.

They'd rather take a photo, say they've been and moan about something than actually try and enjoy it.

I can't recall exactly but I think the amount of early leavers used to depend on the score and usually when we were being comfortably beaten. Now it does appear many go at the same time whatever is happening which is odd.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Lots do that. The club need to cut that out. 

For once, I'd be happy with the club trotting out some 'elfun-safedeh' reason for the screens to be turned off 

Or some sustainability claptrap. All the clubs together could say that xxx tonnes of CO2 saved by turning concourse tv screens off during matches and can only come back on after the final whistle. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

Very noticeable now. They replaced a section in the West Stand which really stands out.

The whole place could do with a facelift, to be honest.

Next time it’s a day game take a look at the skylights to the roof, all the joints have been liquid treated and the surface of them is beginning to suffer. 

It’s not a surprise really. Twenty five years is a decent run on the external parts of a stadium. What are we now…22? 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Lots do that. The club need to cut that out. 

For once, I'd be happy with the club trotting out some 'elfun-safedeh' reason for the screens to be turned off 

No idea why they have the screens on. During the game, I'm sure they never used to do this? I popped down for a piss at 60 mins yesterday and loads just stood down there in the kop having a beer watching it on them rather than in their seats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

No idea why they have the screens on. During the game, I'm sure they never used to do this? I popped down for a piss at 60 mins yesterday and loads just stood down there in the kop having a beer watching it on them rather than in their seats. 

It's another money generator. Keeps people (who have already paid their money to get in) further putting their hands in their pocket for grub and drink whilst staring at the screens.  Yet another example of the club not actually caring about the effect this has on the atmosphere, just so long as it brings in some extra coin.  They know if those screens go off that that'll be a few less pints bought. Sad.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Batfink77 said:

It's another money generator. Keeps people (who have already paid their money to get in) further putting their hands in their pocket for grub and drink whilst staring at the screens.  Yet another example of the club not actually caring about the effect this has on the atmosphere, just so long as it brings in some extra coin.  They know if those screens go off that that'll be a few less pints bought. Sad.

The concourses are shut though? Guess people must just buy a couple before they shut. 

12 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

I enjoyed it too.  In fact, even though it feels strange to say, I enjoyed it more than most games this season.  

Although it may be alien to some, we don't all go to football to see a walkover or a game won at little more than walking pace.  We go for the atmosphere, the anticipation of that equalising goal, all pulling together when we are behind and willing the ball into the net, the excitement.  

Of course I want Leicester to do well and win every week, but give me a tight 2-1 game with a last minute winner over a training game esque 4-0 win that was over at half time all day long.  That explosion when we get the winner can't be beat!

One of the most memorable home games in 2013/14 when we got promoted was that 2-2 draw at home to Watford when we equalised from 2 down. It ended a winning run of 9 games and yet it was still great, so I completely get you.

It definitely had a better atmosphere yesterday. Once again I have to stress that the majority of our home games have felt like cup games against lower league opposition and I'm not saying that to try and be a dick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

One of the most memorable home games in 2013/14 when we got promoted was that 2-2 draw at home to Watford when we equalised from 2 down. It ended a winning run of 9 games and yet it was still great, so I completely get you.

It definitely had a better atmosphere yesterday. Once again I have to stress that the majority of our home games have felt like cup games against lower league opposition and I'm not saying that to try and be a dick.

No, not a dick.  I agree.  A lot of teams come here and set up for a 0-0 all behind the ball.  It doesn't make for excitement.  

It's simple really, for things to be exciting, it has to be competitive and there has to be a chance you'll lose.  9-0 wins (a la Southampton) are great for the record books and as a one off,  but if you saw that every week you would get very bored very quickly.  

That said, you can only face what's in front of you and city have more than met expectations this season. 9 points clear with 14 to play. We all would have took that in August.  

**Correction, 13 to play to avoid upsetting any stattos who were about to pull me up 🤣

Edited by rugbyblue