Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Will UFS be there then? 

I just was wondering the reason for being so affirmative but there's definitely been an upturn since Sheffield Wednesday away 

They will yes.

Im not sure really guess it could be a mix of; It couldnt get much worse than Wednesday away, Manager talking about the importance of good support plus maybe the fanbase taking a load of stick online.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They will yes.

Im not sure really guess it could be a mix of; It couldnt get much worse than Wednesday away, Manager talking about the importance of good support plus maybe the fanbase taking a load of stick online.

Wednesday away is a game i would never like to remember again for the rest of my life

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Anyone on about our atmosphere needs to look at how quiet a whole stadium stood up with a hundred years of having their "singing sections" sorted were tonight. Laughably quiet until they scored. 

Leeds fans are overrated man. People bang on about them for some strange reason just because they go mental. 

Quiet for large parts of the game, they were at our place too earlier in the season.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Anyone on about our atmosphere needs to look at how quiet a whole stadium stood up with a hundred years of having their "singing sections" sorted were tonight. Laughably quiet until they scored. 

So two things.  One, you took a fairly early lead.  Name me a ground anywhere that is reliably bouncing when their team is losing?  Two, I knew it would be quiet anyway.  Nerves.  Whenever there is a huge amount riding on it, ER can often decend into a nervy and quiet mess.  

When it erupts it erupts louder than any ground in the country.  You won't see or hear anything like that last 15 minutes anywhere else in English football and that's why we have that reputation. 

No English ground is a wall of noise now.  Those days were over years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pub breath said:

So two things.  One, you took a fairly early lead.  Name me a ground anywhere that is reliably bouncing when their team is losing?  Two, I knew it would be quiet anyway.  Nerves.  Whenever there is a huge amount riding on it, ER can often decend into a nervy and quiet mess.  

When it erupts it erupts louder than any ground in the country.  You won't see or hear anything like that last 15 minutes anywhere else in English football and that's why we have that reputation. 

No English ground is a wall of noise now.  Those days were over years ago.

Don't take any offence mate. It just wrangles because the media overegg Elland Road's atmosphere. A bit like how pundits all wank over Liverpool's Kop when it's silent as soon as YNWA ends. Like you say, all English grounds are mostly quiet nowadays. 

Sky last night were raving about the role the atmosphere played in the Leeds comeback. I couldn't disagree more. I think your team, having been outplayed for 80 minutes, dragged themselves back into it. They didn't have any encouragement from the fans at 0-1 down. The players shifted the momentum on their own.

The scenes at FT were impressive though. Our stadium would have cheered then filed out politely (those that didn't leave on 80 minutes that is). 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I thought at times we had quite a noisy end. Never clicked up a gear frustratingly and still a very big proportion of our ends just will not open their mouths to sing anything.

Leeds pretty disappointing till they scored, but blimey once they did. To a man all stands stood going barmy.

What id do for that kind of passion and buy in.

You summed that up perfectly.

I didn't go last night, but the number of away games I've been to where it's been "ok-ish" ... but could've been brilliant if everyone would just open their mouths, and make some noise.

And as you say, there are a few grounds (not many) when with a late goal and a following wind it goes absolutely mental.  Over the last couple of decades I would put Leeds, Villa, Birmingham, Stoke and Millwall in that category.   But I can't think of too many others.   Newcastle might do the same, but they've been shite for over 50 years.

48 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I thought at times we had quite a noisy end. Never clicked up a gear frustratingly and still a very big proportion of our ends just will not open their mouths to sing anything.

Leeds pretty disappointing till they scored, but blimey once they did. To a man all stands stood going barmy.

What id do for that kind of passion and buy in.

Thought they were really quiet as well until they scored. That south stand is ****ing nuts though. 

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Least you missed the Leeds love-in on TV. Not seen anything like that coverage for a team on Sky. It's really not a conspiracy to say we aren't liked by pundits. Was noticeable in the title winning season too and not really picked up on as much as it should be. 

Media love Leeds for some bizarre reason. Won fvck all for the last thirty years and spent a good two or three seasons in the third tier. Nowhere near the club the media pretend they are. Pretty sure they’ve only won one more trophy than us.

Plus they sing about a European Cup they never even won. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Media love Leeds for some bizarre reason. Won fvck all for the last thirty years and spent a good two or three seasons in the third tier. Nowhere near the club the media pretend they are. Pretty sure they’ve only won one more trophy than us.

Plus they sing about a European Cup they never even won. 

Leeds lost to Bayern Munich by corrupt referee had a clear goal ruled out

The song We Are the Champions of Europe was sung in the 70s as a rallying chant and still continues to today 

• Like 1