Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Not tho am I, they probably have the best fans in the country but some folk can’t accept it. 

Do you seriously think that there's a single fanbase in the country that wouldn't be raucous at a comeback like Leeds got on Friday?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Not to that level no. Ive never seen three stands and I mean everyone in those stands going as mental as they were.

I mean its situation dependant, I've not seen many teams snatch a 3-1 win from a game they were outplayed but when teams manage to pull off a spectacular late comeback the stands are consistently going mental. People are being ridiculous if they think there's something special and unique about how Leeds fans celebrated last night 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Then I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest you've not watched much football before

I've seen fans react like that before.  A few times.  All of those at Elland Road though.

The only time I've seen similar is when Newcastle first got promoted to the PL back in the late 90s or whenever it was.  They were brilliant then and some epic scenes for a season or two before they acclimatised. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Not to that level no. Ive never seen three stands and I mean everyone in those stands going as mental as they were.

In the last 10 years, the only 2 i can think of to compare ... were last minute winners at Millwall, FA Cup 5th rnd (2017) and Villa, League Cup SF 2nd leg (2020)

• Like 1

Arsenal went mental against us when we lost 4-3 under Shakespeare. I know their home supports gets slated but it was one of the loudest grounds I’ve ever been in at that point.

4 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’d love us to have an end like that. But we don’t have the demographic. 

But it’s worth bearing in mind our like-minded fans aren’t all in one place, instead in three main pockets. Not suggesting it would ever be like Leeds but the current configuration doesn’t maximise noise. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 1884andforever said:

But it’s worth bearing in mind our like-minded fans aren’t all in one place, instead in three main pockets. Not suggesting it would ever be like Leeds but the current configuration doesn’t maximise noise. 

I think that is the main issue to be honest. But there’s probably too much stubbornness from all sides as to where everyone should be. 

All you Leeds shaggers have got to understand. This comes from a Forest like sense of entitlement.  They expect and  think they are alot bigger than what they are . So getting  a late winner against the best team in the league is going to get the ground going. 

This coupled with years of underachieving were they think they should be is perfect breeding for a loud atmosphere, next minute someone will post w  anking off the geordies :rolleyes:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yep. Never seen that in England before with the exception of probably Millwall.

It wasn't great throughout the game but bloody hell it got good.

What was their song it’s obviously a thing but it’s the the thing everyone is talking about at the end of the match, shit Sky seemed impressed enough  to keep showing the crowd well after the game finished to the point you couldn’t actually hear what they were saying in the studio….but  other than that?

of course a fan base any fan base will jump around when they have turned around a defeat into a win in the last 10mins but is it that everyone is praising or their song at the end which is obviously a ‘thing’ 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BKLFox said:

What was their song it’s obviously a thing but it’s the the thing everyone is talking about at the end of the match, shit Sky seemed impressed enough  to keep showing the crowd well after the game finished to the point you couldn’t actually hear what they were saying in the studio….but  other than that?

of course a fan base any fan base will jump around when they have turned around a defeat into a win in the last 10mins but is it that everyone is praising or their song at the end which is obviously a ‘thing’ 

9 hours ago, BKLFox said:

MOT is our song. The song that was sung at the end was 'I predict a riot' by Kaiser Chiefs ( a Leeds band) 

Sky have also approached Leeds Utd to see if they can repair the hatred the fans have for them. This is due to all the fixture changes for televised matches that has gone on for years. At ER the microphones near the louder Leeds sections are turned right down so that the viewing public don't get to hear 'Sky TV is F******* S***'. That's why away fans at ER always sound louder on the TV. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Who does? Elland Road is the only ground that has all four corners jumping. 

Other than Celtic and Rangers, nobody else in the UK does that. 

Man United are something else. Especially their away support.

• Haha 1