Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I know it was hugely dispiriting but after going behind our end offered absolutely zero. Prior to that it was actually very good by our standards.

The mythos around the two clubs is different but their support was just so much more energetic and involved. I'd be massively interested in the demographics of our support from age, postcodes, method of transport etc.

Elland road is way out of the city centre and the transport links are even worse than our place - I can't imagine they have a similar number who stream out at 85 minutes every two weeks

37 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

What i will say about Elland Road is that it feels like a football ground. Even on the walk there it just has that feeling a lot more than ours and especially once you're inside.

When you finally get inside! The turnstile system they used on the night was an absolute shambles! 

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

What i will say about Elland Road is that it feels like a football ground. Even on the walk there it just has that feeling a lot more than ours and especially once you're inside.

Because its more old skool, not some of the souless stuff in a souless retail park bowl that we get now in most places. 

• Like 1

The two grounds are chalk and cheese. Leeds have always had good support and we're not really likely to ever hit that level but the contrast is a bit embarrassing to be honest. I can't remember the last time I saw our ground even close to that.

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

I know it was hugely dispiriting but after going behind our end offered absolutely zero. Prior to that it was actually very good by our standards.

The mythos around the two clubs is different but their support was just so much more energetic and involved. I'd be massively interested in the demographics of our support from age, postcodes, method of transport etc.

Elland road is way out of the city centre and the transport links are even worse than our place - I can't imagine they have a similar number who stream out at 85 minutes every two weeks

Another part of what I keep mentioning - the psyche at this club is all wrong. Fans, players etc... everyone expects, and in turn gets the worst.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The two grounds are chalk and cheese. Leeds have always had good support and we're not really likely to ever hit that level but the contrast is a bit embarrassing to be honest. I can't remember the last time I saw our ground even close to that.

I think it’s just a completely different mentality that their fans grow up with. They have a massive pride in how they support their team. Even as a kid I remember Leeds always being the loudest when they came here. Their city lives for it and I don’t think ours does in the same way. Still think they are annoying pricks though! 

32 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It was pretty good 2014-2017 to be honest some great nights, Winning the League and the Champions League nights, some great atmospheres. Everyone waving those gold flags vs Athletico I think singling along with Kasabian was brilliant.

To be honest we have been on a downward spiral since then, whether its a sense of entitlement, some of the atrociously dull/weak football thats been served up on ocassion or a mixture of both I dont know. In fairness the support in the Boro game wasnt bad. This leaving on 80 minutes thing is the absolute scurge, its discusting really, quite disrespectful if the players put in a good shift. There is no other form of entertainment people fook off 10 minutes before the end, just imagine doing this at a gig, theatre or whatever...it simply not normal. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Agreed, however it also does help that whole end behind the goal next to the away fans is for fans who want to sing and stand. Also seems like relaxed stewarding. We'll not have a chance of anything even close to that if the club do not facilitate a full end

25 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Agreed, however it also does help that whole end behind the goal next to the away fans is for fans who want to sing and stand. Also seems like relaxed stewarding. We'll not have a chance of anything even close to that if the club do not facilitate a full end

We don’t have any end facilitated by the club. All 3 stands usually stand at Elland Road. The kop, the south and the main East. The stand the away fans were is the only stand where the home crowd sits all game. 

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think it’s just a completely different mentality that their fans grow up with. They have a massive pride in how they support their team. Even as a kid I remember Leeds always being the loudest when they came here. Their city lives for it and I don’t think ours does in the same way. Still think they are annoying pricks though! 

Leeds & Millwall particularly as clubs have a bit of a different attitude in this department. Millwall are even more peculiar really as for the most part they don't really turn up at all, but when they do, they really, really do.

Liverpool are sort of the same actually.

I'm in the tricky position with us where I think a lack of pride and lack of bigging ourselves up is a damaging self-fulfilling prophecy, but also thinking that particularly as regards to the actual atmosphere itself what really can you actually cling onto. You can't fix this sort of mentality overnight. It takes years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trekerz said:

If our club pushed for three stands standing (I'd say Leicester winning a World Cup is probably likelier) I don't think we'd get even close to having it happen. We just simply don't have that sort of fanbase and I think that's been very deliberately forced over time.

53 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If our club pushed for three stands standing (I'd say Leicester winning a World Cup is probably likelier) I don't think we'd get even close to having it happen. We just simply don't have that sort of fanbase and I think that's been very deliberately forced over time.

Yeah we’ll never get to that level for sure but there should 100% be at least one stand in every stadium where people know they go to stand and sing. Why has it become fully accommodating for the people who want to sit? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Leeds & Millwall particularly as clubs have a bit of a different attitude in this department. Millwall are even more peculiar really as for the most part they don't really turn up at all, but when they do, they really, really do.

Liverpool are sort of the same actually.

I'm in the tricky position with us where I think a lack of pride and lack of bigging ourselves up is a damaging self-fulfilling prophecy, but also thinking that particularly as regards to the actual atmosphere itself what really can you actually cling onto. You can't fix this sort of mentality overnight. It takes years.

Very true but even comparing our fans to forest, derby, it just doesn’t seem to have that same passion. It’s bizarre 

19 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think it’s just a completely different mentality that their fans grow up with. They have a massive pride in how they support their team. Even as a kid I remember Leeds always being the loudest when they came here. Their city lives for it and I don’t think ours does in the same way.

:D:D:D:celebrate::appl::blush:

Still think they are annoying pricks though! 

:(

• Haha 1

I would expect home games to really pick up now and would be really disappointed if we have anymore flat atmospheres like we had with some of the mid week games. The players have shown some frailties, and we can't just turn up to win. There can't be anymore 'job done' attitudes. We need to do everything we can to drag the team over the line.