Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

I'm not surprised last night was good - uur fanbase has always been flat track bullies. Big fish in small pond. Not new. It's generational.

Famous away ends of the past are littered of us dominating small clubs. Oxford. Southend. Hereford. Notts County. Wimbledon league cup semi. Orient. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

It’s funny aint it, last night is one you wouldn't pick as likely to be a good end at all. You can never call them with us.

No, you would have expected the flask and blanket army to have been out in force last night - possibly they've got more life in them than we thought? 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not surprised last night was good - uur fanbase has always been flat track bullies. Big fish in small pond. Not new. It's generational.

Famous away ends of the past are littered of us dominating small clubs. Oxford. Southend. Hereford. Notts County. Wimbledon league cup semi. Orient. 

Can't we just be positive it was a good away end? 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 13:41, Trekerz said:

What i will say about Elland Road is that it feels like a football ground. Even on the walk there it just has that feeling a lot more than ours and especially once you're inside.

It is one of my favourite away days. And a proper ground. With their history on the outside of it.

Ours doesn't even feel like a ground. The walk up to grounds such as Elland Road just feels so different.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Bit harsh on us, I think. I still get a great feeling walking down Burnmoor Street past Filbo before a game.

Maybe it’s just the crowds of people who you can tell are not that enthused about the game or the fact there’s no signs of any of our history outside the ground. There’s just something different about ours 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Levi Port said:

One of the best away ends this season, had the perfect angle right behind Fatawu's shot, most knew it was in as soon as he hit it. The limbs were violent after that

Think I’m the only one that didn’t think it was all that tbf, first half was average, second half there were stages were you could hear a pin drop, for me Leeds seemed a lot better ! 

39 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Maybe it’s just the crowds of people who you can tell are not that enthused about the game or the fact there’s no signs of any of our history outside the ground. There’s just something different about ours 

The lack of signs of history is a fair point. Let's not beat about the bush here, it's a form of sportswashing by King Power.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2024 at 20:18, Lako42 said:

Did I just hear Bournemouth home support singing can you hear the leicester sing? 

New low lol

This is ironic! I can safely say after 28 years of following us away, Bournemouth last night was the  quietest ground I have ever attended, even the walk to the ground and after the walk back was really subdued, like a rugby crowd, probably more life in a rugby crowd tbf 🤣

29 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The lack of signs of history is a fair point. Let's not beat about the bush here, it's a form of sportswashing by King Power.

Thing is we had historic references all over the place pre 2010

Edited by MattFox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The big Lineker/legends banner outside and the mural running round the roof were great.

Apparently they are looking into adding in some history around the ground. Myself and others have repeatedly urged the club to do so. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Bit harsh on us, I think. I still get a great feeling walking down Burnmoor Street past Filbo before a game.

Maybe because it’s not as regular when you go to an away ground but some grounds just feel different. I might have been harsh on the walk to the ground but our ground is pretty boring.