Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Maybe because it’s not as regular when you go to an away ground but some grounds just feel different. I might have been harsh on the walk to the ground but our ground is pretty boring. 

Elland Road, villa park, anfield and goodison stand out in the premier league 

9 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Apparently they are looking into adding in some history around the ground. Myself and others have repeatedly urged the club to do so. 

Ah and they are still looking into changing the away system, bringing in safe standing etc long list of lip service thats just knocked into the grass.

• Like 3

We are incredibly lucky to still be in the almost same position that Filbert Street once was. It still means we have parts of our heritage continuing into both matchday routines for either stadium. The same walk means we may see the same people, walk past the same pub, food outlet or even slightly dodgier part of the city. The reintroduction of the statue of the liberty was a great touch, pre King Power(obviously), to maintain tangible heritage of the area. I personally think having a memorial garden and statue of Vichai is a bit too much, preferring just one to remember all the victims. Other areas of the stadium or wider vicinity, clearly Filbert Street needs marking better, despite the addition of a heritage panel, although given the number within the city it’s heritage saturation at this point. I liked the pre Covid plans for affordable housing, Filbert Street gates marking the entrance to the development but that has gone quiet. On Burnmoor Street it’s a shame they couldn’t have a sign marking the old turnstile entrance, although it’s painstakingly obvious where it is given the awful rendering. Helen Meller the town planning historian once said something along the lines, that moving into the 21st century the football club was the best way to enact civic pride and so therefore a local authority should use this. Soulsby conveyed this message post league title win but the variables that have effected the attempts, such as murals and so on being removed demonstrates how difficult it is for a local authority to help maintain the heritage of a football club, therefore the responsibility falls with the ownership. We know this has already failed to an extent, thus fans creating things like a TIFO are our best bet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Ah and they are still looking into changing the away system, bringing in safe standing etc long list of lip service thats just knocked into the grass.

Agreed. It is very frustrating. They constantly say “no one engages with us” and haven’t thought to ask themselves why that might be. Maybe because most suggestions fall on deaf ears. 

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

We are incredibly lucky to still be in the almost same position that Filbert Street once was. It still means we have parts of our heritage continuing into both matchday routines for either stadium. The same walk means we may see the same people, walk past the same pub, food outlet or even slightly dodgier part of the city. The reintroduction of the statue of the liberty was a great touch, pre King Power(obviously), to maintain tangible heritage of the area. I personally think having a memorial garden and statue of Vichai is a bit too much, preferring just one to remember all the victims. Other areas of the stadium or wider vicinity, clearly Filbert Street needs marking better, despite the addition of a heritage panel, although given the number within the city it’s heritage saturation at this point. I liked the pre Covid plans for affordable housing, Filbert Street gates marking the entrance to the development but that has gone quiet. On Burnmoor Street it’s a shame they couldn’t have a sign marking the old turnstile entrance, although it’s painstakingly obvious where it is given the awful rendering. Helen Meller the town planning historian once said something along the lines, that moving into the 21st century the football club was the best way to enact civic pride and so therefore a local authority should use this. Soulsby conveyed this message post league title win but the variables that have effected the attempts, such as murals and so on being removed demonstrates how difficult it is for a local authority to help maintain the heritage of a football club, therefore the responsibility falls with the ownership. We know this has already failed to an extent, thus fans creating things like a TIFO are our best bet.

I enjoy visiting the Memorial Garden and think that bearing in mind Vichai’s influence on the Club, do not find it in appropriate for it to be dedicated to him. Whenever the anniversary is celebrated, the other victims are always rightly remembered.

13 hours ago, Trekerz said:

@Union FS you boys try and maybe get your section for Chelsea in the lower tier? Have a feeling it will be a lot like QPR where lower will be a lot better than the upper 

Yikes, I can imagine the lower tier at Chelsea is awful lol

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

why

Just generally reading what some people think.. went last season and the upper tier was decent. I can just imagine the lower tier to be poor atmosphere and poor view.. 

Edited by MS0204
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Just generally reading what some people think.. went last season and the upper tier was decent. I can just imagine the lower tier to be poor atmosphere and poor view.. 

possibly. depends what order they sell in to be honest. QPR was good because they sold the tickets to the top tier first if i remember correctly meaning all the coach 1 types got their tickets at the top where they'd have a good view. It was only when it got to around 520 points that the lower tier opened i'm sure and you could tell looking around at the people in lower it was a tad bit different crowd

9 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Also, think in the league last season as it's only a small section of the lower that gets given that would have had an impact. Having the whole bottom tier will make a mountain of a difference

18 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Think I’m the only one that didn’t think it was all that tbf, first half was average, second half there were stages were you could hear a pin drop, for me Leeds seemed a lot better ! 

Where I was it was non stop. Enzo’s blue army for about half an hour. 

I do get a what you mean though, I was at QPR away earlier this season and a lot said that was good, but it was quiet where I was. I think the further forward nearer the pitch, the quieter it sounds

Edited by Levi Port

42 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

possibly. depends what order they sell in to be honest. QPR was good because they sold the tickets to the top tier first if i remember correctly meaning all the coach 1 types got their tickets at the top where they'd have a good view. It was only when it got to around 520 points that the lower tier opened i'm sure and you could tell looking around at the people in lower it was a tad bit different crowd

Yeh that's why its really frustrating when they sell blocks individually. I believe that sometimes thats at the request of the home club but still annoying. We know we'll sell them all so just stick them all on sale on the first day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Yeh that's why its really frustrating when they sell blocks individually. I believe that sometimes thats at the request of the home club but still annoying. We know we'll sell them all so just stick them all on sale on the first day.

Surely for Chelsea, they just stick them all on sale first time. No reason not to. There's no chance we're not selling the full allocation

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

Yep. And stop reserving certain seats for certain demographics of the fanbase :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Would love the club to put anything up relating to our history on the walk up to the ground. 

Even simple flag/things with past and present players on, 

Not a fan of how the history of the club prior to KP has all but vanished. 

The year after we won the league I used to love walking down towards the ground and seeing the big long champions banner hanging from the side near the family stand. You could see it from the top of the road as you turned the corner. Would be great if we replaced it with one of Wes lifting the trophy. 

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

The year after we won the league I used to love walking down towards the ground and seeing the big long champions banner hanging from the side near the family stand. You could see it from the top of the road as you turned the corner. Would be great if we replaced it with one of Wes lifting the trophy. 

We have enough sides of the ground to have past trophy wins or famous players/moments strewn across them.

Replace the picture of vichai with the FA Cup win, add the comm shield, the Prem, the league cup etc around the ground. We're one of 5 teams since 2000 to have won them all, why aren't we showing that off!? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We have enough sides of the ground to have past trophy wins or famous players/moments strewn across them.

Replace the picture of vichai with the FA Cup win, add the comm shield, the Prem, the league cup etc around the ground. We're one of 5 teams since 2000 to have won them all, why aren't we showing that off!? 

King Power

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I don’t like that KP seemed to make it very boring and corporate to be honest. It’s our club as well. 

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Would love the club to put anything up relating to our history on the walk up to the ground. 

Even simple flag/things with past and present players on, 

Not a fan of how the history of the club prior to KP has all but vanished. 

Yes, it doesn’t sit well with me either, what really annoyed me was removing the original frieze under the roof with classic shots on, all  around the ground, replaced with King Power branding, in some areas they’re no better than Ashley when he was at St James park.

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Yes, it doesn’t sit well with me either, what really annoyed me was removing the original frieze under the roof with classic shots on, all  around the ground, replaced with King Power branding, in some areas they’re no better than Ashley when he was at St James park.

Those images inside the ground were the only thing that made it not identikit