Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

No reply yet.

They dropped out on the day last year.

It seems like we have a club full of people who just don’t get it. Can’t wait for a change. 

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

The ground is just agedly at the minute, if the club want to improve they need to facilitate moving the singers and standers on together. There's what 2k home standers across L1, K1, G1, SK1-4 but they're too far way to sing in unison.

The club need lobbying into it other it's from the fans or the SGSA, we have to take the opportunity safe standing provides ad not let them implement another halfway house like SK1 now. They need to open a new section and move the existing fans out.

There’s a lot of snobbery on this forum from fans who largely don’t attend saying the ones who do are too quiet. I find that annoying. What you suggest is the solution. It’s just stupid having the singing section where it is. It needs to be next to the away fans like in the old ground. That would lift the whole stadium IMO. It’s pointless getting worked up how quiet the older boys are. I’m in B1 where it is full of quietly passionate fans. A few of them have done their time in the wilder parts of stadiums. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

There’s a lot of snobbery on this forum from fans who largely don’t attend saying the ones who do are too quiet. I find that annoying. What you suggest is the solution. It’s just stupid having the singing section where it is. It needs to be next to the away fans like in the old ground. That would lift the whole stadium IMO. It’s pointless getting worked up how quiet the older boys are. I’m in B1 where it is full of quietly passionate fans. A few of them have done their time in the wilder parts of stadiums. 

"Done their time". If you're still arsed then you still sing.

43 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I think moving it near the away fans have pros and cons tbh. You can understand both sides of it. 

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Members tonight have come back from a meeting with them. How I read the feedback as its pretty disappointing from

the clubs side of things.

Got to be mindful of stuff on here as they watch it like a hawk and are very prissy about what gets said. Lots of oh we will look into that or no not right now. Kicking stuff away into the long grass. 
Very obviously don’t have the atmosphere in the stadium as very high on the list of importance. I wan’t to be positive about the ground redevelopment but I just can’t see them utilising a golden chance.

Who attends the meeting from the clubs side? Anyone of any significance or that holds any position of power in the clubs hierarchy?

May sounds silly or possibly you’ve already done it, but the group could try and write to top? He’d definitely know of UFS so maybe he’d be more willing to give us the safe standing. I doubt it would be a big investment for him. How much would it cost to do SK1-4, K1, L1 and the necessary away section?

2 hours ago, niyaminski said:

Who attends the meeting from the clubs side? Anyone of any significance or that holds any position of power in the clubs hierarchy?

May sounds silly or possibly you’ve already done it, but the group could try and write to top? He’d definitely know of UFS so maybe he’d be more willing to give us the safe standing. I doubt it would be a big investment for him. How much would it cost to do SK1-4, K1, L1 and the necessary away section?

More chance of getting in touch with Sunak.

Also a lot gets thrown at Top as in he is the big problem solver, id be confident in saying he is not up to speed on safestanding (but neither should he be in fairness, not his gig).

• Like 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

More chance of getting in touch with Sunak.

Also a lot gets thrown at Top as in he is the big problem solver, id be confident in saying he is not up to speed on safestanding (but neither should he be in fairness, not his gig).

Piss poor if he's having to be the main problem solver. Enough highly paid suits on the board to do that. 

14 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Members tonight have come back from a meeting with them. How I read the feedback as its pretty disappointing from

the clubs side of things.

Got to be mindful of stuff on here as they watch it like a hawk and are very prissy about what gets said. Lots of oh we will look into that or no not right now. Kicking stuff away into the long grass. 
Very obviously don’t have the atmosphere in the stadium as very high on the list of importance. I wan’t to be positive about the ground redevelopment but I just can’t see them utilising a golden chance.

If they’re prissy about what gets said then it’s important that notes get shared from these meetings. The club can then share their version if they want too.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Piss poor if he's having to be the main problem solver. Enough highly paid suits on the board to do that. 

Given he has 100% investment in the club he might want to be completely involved in everything and be a ''problem solver'', it might be the culture he's set, doesn't mean it's right.

There are a lot of blurred lines of what people think happens in board meetings in general and LCFC board meetings, it's likely to be a bit wide of the mark in my experience. In regard to @SemperEadem point it won't be his bag and will leave that decision up to someone else, whoever is the decision maker to put a case across to Top and the rest of the board for approval - he/she is who you need to be hassling. 

Rightly or wrongly they will be so distracted firefighting, player contracts, stadium redevelopment, corporate hospitality, commercial opportunities, cashflow review, FFP  & 10 other things that safe standing will be way down the agenda, that's the reality of it. 

Think the worst part about the atmosphere isnt a lack of singing or clapping. It's just the basic roaring on of the team.

When the atmosphere is good you get 30k people shouting "GO ON" when someone gets the ball in space, someone makes a good tackle or we get a corner etc.

Most of the time it's just limp. Feels like a lot of people (and to be fair i'd probably put myself in this) turn up to the football more for the social than anything else.

• Like 1

The club have done nothing and in some ways actively discouraged new fans in the ground. STs are so scarce so people don't give them up and you get banned for passing them on.

It all culminates in people being fed up e.g leaving early but not letting their ST go because you're never getting it back.

If they gave memberships more features like guaranteed games and discounted tickets more people might pick them up, instead they're just a cash grab.

If you could transfer your ST more often, 6 or 7 times, even. Then it can be passed onto fans who do want to be there or can make it.

What's just so telling is the club are barely aware of the issues and worse still not bothered about fixing it. Look at the away ticket issue, this has been going on for 7 or 8 years and they're not bothered about it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Despite the constant fan on fan moaning on this thread, it remains a fact that the easiest thing to fix with Leicester is the 11 players on the pitch. It’s  much easier to orchestrate them into meaningful action than 32k of fans of wildly ranging ages, seating positions within a modern bowl stadium and (quite importantly) alcohol levels.

The team peppering the opposition with efforts, playing our style of football with more tempo will create a better atmosphere than a slow game with an apparent reluctance to really go at a deep block. This was particularly apparent against QPR.

As for singing, it’s the simpler songs that people can learn in the stadium rather than looking up on a website that will get most participation. Playing football the Enzo way for example is easy to understand and a well known tune and as such gets more participation than the complex songs (tho it wasn’t sang at all on Saturday which was strange.) 

On a final note,  I notice that a lot of clubs play stomping old club songs and they have become a chant during games. Everton and Leeds are two that spring to mind. I think we miss a trick by not playing our own stomping 70’s classic  ‘This is the season for Leicester’ at some point before the games - it’s a great singalong and the more that it’s played it will get into people’s heads and become a chant that will likely get some of the oldies who get accused of not singing involved - And it doesn’t have any of those embarrassing high notes that the Everton song has. 

Yh they should do that song just before the players walkout instead of underdog would be much better to have a Leicester song and could end up being like our version of spirit of the blues 

• Like 1

It's not just our place that has dropped off massively when it comes to Atmosphere, the famous Roker Roar has been reduced to a stadium of light pindrop by the sound of things last night. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Think the worst part about the atmosphere isnt a lack of singing or clapping. It's just the basic roaring on of the team.

When the atmosphere is good you get 30k people shouting "GO ON" when someone gets the ball in space, someone makes a good tackle or we get a corner etc.

Most of the time it's just limp. Feels like a lot of people (and to be fair i'd probably put myself in this) turn up to the football more for the social than anything else.

Agree with your sentiments. But it’s just hard stand up with conviction and roar ‘GO ON’ when you know the ball is about to be played backwards. 🤷. Late second half vs QPR, there was an element of ‘roar’ as we sustained our attack. First half you could hear a pin drop as we bored the pants off everyone.  

The most unoriginal chant you hear nowadays is the football in a library chant, sung by almost every away fan at pretty much every ground(and they all think they are being original!) Says a lot about the state of football in Englands top 2 leagues in terms of atmosphere. 

• Like 3