Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 minute ago, Skippy71 said:

Yes I heard that too. Someone in the sound booth getting a tad excited i think :)

It anyone knows the guy who presses the buttons…please politely tell him he doesn’t need to switch it on as soon as the ball hits the back of the net.

Give us 15-20 seconds at least please. 

If we have to have it of course….

48 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Atmosphere better and we now have people complaining the fans aren't singing the ''right songs'' 

Only Leicester eh. Our fan base lol

To be fair, just because something is good, doesn't mean you can't find improvements for it. I don't think the majority of people are trying to be negative.

• Like 1

I was there yesterday and thought the atmosphere was decent especially considering we were down 3-0. 
I’ve seen comments on here over time about what songs should/shouldn’t be sung. 
yesterday near us were 2 blokes, a woman & young boy. The adults kept singing’Matt Busby’s dead’.!!! Very bizarre. One of the men seemed to have anger issues as he got angry when everyone was singing other songs and he lost the plot when everyone was as ‘we’re the left side’. Apparently he was the same as Forest game

my point is being vocal with our singing whether winning or losing. Not singing songs regarding to someone being dead, firstly why would grown men and a woman think it’s ok to sing this, secondly songs that get the fans and players upbeat 

• Like 1

One thing i've noticed, while it seems our ends have improved the last few games we don't really have that much of a variety of good songs to sing. Could hear the TRA section in the home end (very faintly) but they do have a very big songbook they go through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElleVerlo said:

I was there yesterday and thought the atmosphere was decent especially considering we were down 3-0. 
yesterday near us were 2 blokes, a woman & young boy. The adults kept singing’Matt Busby’s dead’.!!! Very bizarre. One of the men seemed to have anger issues as he got angry when everyone was singing other songs and he lost the plot when everyone was as ‘we’re the left side’. Apparently he was the same as Forest game

my point is being vocal with our singing whether winning or losing. Not singing songs regarding to someone being dead, firstly why would grown men and a woman think it’s ok to sing this, secondly songs that get the fans and players upbeat 

Lots of vile willy pullers about 

Left side right side is the absolute pits

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

One thing i've noticed, while it seems our ends have improved the last few games we don't really have that much of a variety of good songs to sing. Could hear the TRA section in the home end (very faintly) but they do have a very big songbook they go through.

That's what happens if you have a fanbase that buys into anything new, rather than waiting for half the Football League to sing a chant before deciding it's OK.

We do have the songbook there, but people just aren't interested until they hear someone else sing the same thing first. It's bizarre.

3 hours ago, ElleVerlo said:

Jesus Christ 😂😂😂 state of that post

11 minutes ago, MattFox said:

United have the best song book in the country by a distance and have extremely high standards

Yeah 100%. Not saying we need to try and be like them but would be nice to have some songs that we can sing for a while that would keep going for a good 10 minutes or so.

WYS, Dewsbury Hall, Vichai had a dream (without the WOH WOH WOH), Leicester boys are we, LSF (sung a little during CL nights if i remember correctly?) would be belting for 10 mins continuous. We don't have it in us though i'm afraid.

We need a better chant for Maddison too. The darts one that sort of got going a little while back doesn't really continue

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

Yeah 100%. Not saying we need to try and be like them but would be nice to have some songs that we can sing for a while that would keep going for a good 10 minutes or so.

6 hours ago, SystonFox said:

WYS, Dewsbury Hall, Vichai had a dream (without the WOH WOH WOH), Leicester boys are we, LSF (sung a little during CL nights if i remember correctly?) would be belting for 10 mins continuous. We don't have it in us though i'm afraid.

We need a better chant for Maddison too. The darts one that sort of got going a little while back doesn't really continue

The big problem, alluded to a bit further up as well, is that songs will only keep going if the fanbase want it and buy into it. The problem with our fanbase is that the majority pipe up for 10 seconds and then give up or they just never pick up new songs until they become "popular". Other than in very small pockets, when do we ever keep a song going? The last time I can remember is probably around 2016, maybe on some of the CL nights in 2016/17. Everyone was up for getting involved at that stage.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 3

On 20/02/2023 at 10:27, Lako42 said:

Lots of vile willy pullers about 

Left side right side is the absolute pits

So many different opinions....I actually love the left side, right side song.

Edited by coolcol
  • Like 1

On 20/02/2023 at 15:50, SystonFox said:

That Maddison chant is an absolute mess.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2023 at 10:22, Lcfc098 said:

Dont get how hard it is just to do the ‘MADDDDDISON, MADDDDDISON’ chant that Norwich used to do. Simple enough and even the window lickers can get involved

On 20/02/2023 at 08:09, ElleVerlo said:

Probably the same drongo singing ‘Cloughies in a box’ at MK Dons. Really do get some utter scruffs at football

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dont get how hard it is just to do the ‘MADDDDDISON, MADDDDDISON’ chant that Norwich used to do. Simple enough and even the window lickers can get involved

It's not hard at all, it's just extremely dull and lazy. It's much better to have something more original than constantly copy what 90% of fanbases are singing. Obviously Leicester fans are a tough crowd and anything more than 3 words in a chant becomes challenging but we need to get through that learning curve rather than give up.

By all means, try and get whatever chant you think will work going, no one should stop anyone for trying. I just think we need a better mix overall (which I think we do have right now, it just needs more people to join in more regularly).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Probably the same drongo singing ‘Cloughies in a box’ at MK Dons. Really do get some utter scruffs at football

I don't understand how people can blast these out. It's the same as other fans singing about Vichai/helicopter incident. We go mad at them for that. I categorise all those in the same category as racist/homophobic etc. chanting.

• Like 1