Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

What good is silence going to do from UFS? Just affecting the team. The club won’t care as they’ve got their money from the tickets and as we’ve seen they’re not bothered if the atmosphere is good or not. If you wanted to protest surely a proper protest would be more effective unless you don’t want to severe your ties with the club which means nothing will ever be done then if that’s the case and the club have you where they want you anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

You’re talking about it. Mission accomplished.

I’m not against the protest. I’m the first one to say the people who run the club are absolute jokers who don’t seem to know what they’re doing or enjoy doing it. I’ve wanted protest for a long time too. I stand in the section every week. Heard about this protest though standing for 90 and not singing so decided not to spend £50 to do that. Just think a protest outside the ground would make more of an impact for UFS and get the message out more

6 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

acting like you’re a big deal ffs

if you’re gonna do a protest just don’t go to the game 

2 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Talking about what lol you haven’t even told anyone what the protest is about 

I wasn’t part of it!

I’m simply making the point that people are now asking what it was about and why they were doing it, or even suggesting the protest might have in some way been impactful, which shines light on the fact there is an issue they are protesting about.

You’ve noticed that their presence wasn’t what it usually is: you’ve realised what they likely wanted you to.

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

They are being weirdly secretive about it. Seeing on twitter similar comments to on here, just comes across as attention seeking really. 

Let's see what the official stance is.

To be fair another 100 odd people in silence  today woukdnt have made much difference anyway🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Someone predict rain in the UFS group chat today? The obvious protest to not sing was one thing but the hoods up was embarrassing lol

Pretty sure UFS weren’t there today. And you could tell, the rest of the miserable gits in SK1 never put the effort in. Poor to call the group out if no one else is even going to try? 

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

Let's see what the official stance is.

To be fair another 100 odd people in silence  today woukdnt have made much difference anyway🤣🤣🤣

Think they are trying to make a point of how ‘important’ they are on match days as they generate the atmosphere. Probably trying to leverage the club into letting them have something. 

The thing is that the club has spent the past 10-15 years catering for a completely different audience and won’t likely care much as it won’t impact the balance sheet. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Think they are trying to make a point of how ‘important’ they are on match days as they generate the atmosphere. Probably trying to leverage the club into letting them have something. 

The thing is that the club has spent the past 10-15 years catering for a completely different audience and won’t likely care much as it won’t impact the balance sheet. 

Agreed. Club are probably not bothered in the slightest as long as they have people through the turnstiles.