Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

On 02/06/2024 at 09:13, UniFox21 said:

Some aspects of their play are incredibly dull to watch. 

But there's points when they're attacking that brilliant to watch, Foden gliding with the ball past defenders is great to watch. 

The issue is modern football is removing how common that aspect of football is. I do wonder how long this dominate possession football will continue for. 

It'll pass, but probably not until Pep retires and the next big thing comes about.

In fairness to Pep he adjusted the way he applies his tactics over the years, he always been possession based, but has slowly but surely sucked the life out of his attacking threats (probably has something to do with he had to changes, and continuously do so once he left Barca and Messi behind) 

United and Fergie dominated English football with what basically was "vintage Leicester 2015/16" tactics

The problem isn't possession based football as such in my opinion, the problem is fear of losing. Enzo was an example of this last season. There is so much pressure to win things, or for the smaller clubs, stay in the premier league, because that's how you generate money, and that's all football is these days, money and how they can make more of it. 

It's the old Italian way of playing football, the other team can't score if they don't have the ball. I know we were a complete anomaly 8/9 years ago, but I do wish people could look at that example and apply it more, I just want a bit more soul putting back into the game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It'll pass, but probably not until Pep retires and the next big thing comes about.

In fairness to Pep he adjusted the way he applies his tactics over the years, he always been possession based, but has slowly but surely sucked the life out of his attacking threats (probably has something to do with he had to changes, and continuously do so once he left Barca and Messi behind) 

United and Fergie dominated English football with what basically was "vintage Leicester 2015/16" tactics

The problem isn't possession based football as such in my opinion, the problem is fear of losing. Enzo was an example of this last season. There is so much pressure to win things, or for the smaller clubs, stay in the premier league, because that's how you generate money, and that's all football is these days, money and how they can make more of it. 

It's the old Italian way of playing football, the other team can't score if they don't have the ball. I know we were a complete anomaly 8/9 years ago, but I do wish people could look at that example and apply it more, I just want a bit more soul putting back into the game

Not quite sure about that.

Man Utd pretty much dominated English football for a 15-20 years period (along with brief interludes from the likes of Arsenal etc), with a real mixed variety of football.

They had skilful wingers, sometimes big men up front, could play it short through midfield or bang it long depending on the mood, they could build it slowly through possession, or counter attack, had a solid defence, plenty of physicality, mostly disciplined, and unshakeable battling determination right to the end of games.

Yeah, we had some of those qualities in 2015-16, but not all.    Plus we were happy to concede possession in the non-dangerous 2/3 of the pitch.   Man Utd pretty much steamrollered most teams.   And they kept it going for 15-20 years.   We only managed it for a season!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Poor to only send Jim. You don’t really want to hear the fans thoughts if you are only sending him.

Pointless. Anyone can air their opinions to Jim at any point. You would think, after all the recent negativity, it would have been a good bit of PR to send a couple of relevant personnel from within the club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Pointless. Anyone can air their opinions to Jim at any point. You would think, after all the recent negativity, it would have been a good bit of PR to send a couple of relevant personnel from within the club.

Absolutely. Especially as they have recently brought in a role above him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Absolutely. Especially as they have recently brought in a role above him.

I understood your frustration and agree to an extent but must admit I came away from the meeting relatively positive. 

They do seem to at least be acknowledging issues and whilst I appreciate Jim's views may differ from his superiors some fairly simple solutions and ideas were put forward that could certainly improve the match day experience. I was grateful for Jim's openess and honesty on several of the topics that were raised and it added some context as to why things are the way they are. 

The meeting did raise some questions around the commercial operations at the club and it does make you wonder whether some of the decision making is down to inexperience or convenience. 

Of course time will tell so let's see what happens moving forwards. 

Having been in these meetings and others with supporter groups, he will listen and maybe say it will get passed on. But does anything ever change. Can only think of two things in recent times, WYS and lobbying for a cheaper u16 price.

Send a decision maker not a middle man if you care what the fans think.

I was quite vocal asking why higher ups weren’t there … I feel sorry for the bloke sometimes because he takes the brunt but the ones accountable just do not give a shit 

• Like 3

Having been in these meetings and others with supporter groups, he will listen and maybe say it will get passed on. But does anything ever change. Can only think of two things in recent times, WYS and lobbying for a cheaper u16 price.

Send a decision maker not a middle man if you care what the fans think.

Yeah, appreciate I may be being naive but will be interesting to see what, if anything happens. On paper there's no reason why a lot of the suggestions put forward this evening can't be implemented. A lot were simple changes at relatively low/no cost so I'm curious to see if the club embraces them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

That just isn’t true. The main contributor to this is total apathy from a large section of the fanbase.

Foxestalk is a pretty small sample size.

Apathy ? Not pricing people out, not mixing traditional non singers ( south stand ) with the Kop .Not making it almost impossible to get tickets with friends.  Not banning people for trying to get an atmosphere going . Not over zealous stewarding and rule following.

Just apathy 🤷

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Apathy ? Not pricing people out, not mixing traditional non singers ( south stand ) with the Kop .Not making it almost impossible to get tickets with friends.  Not banning people for trying to get an atmosphere going . Not over zealous stewarding and rule following.

Just apathy 🤷

Yeah apathy. I said a large section of the fanbase, not everyone.

We don’t have enough fans that care enough about atmosphere or even the result . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah apathy. I said a large section of the fanbase, not everyone.

We don’t have enough fans that care enough about atmosphere or even the result . 

There was a never a large section of the fanbase singing.  It was the fact that everyone that wanted to sing could get together in one place .

Now that demographic is spread out all over the ground. It's never going to be the same especially with the club actively conspiring to prevent a " real " kop

Screenshot_20240801_103130_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, niyaminski said:

Examples?

Things like reconfiguring the kiosks in the concourse to make service faster, qr codes around the stadium to feedback experience levels, improved fan zone experiences pre and post match, improvements to transport infrastructure, pre-match and HT entertainment, initiatives to improve the singing section, etc. 

As much as there were encouraging aspects to the Your 90 Minutes session, it was disappointing to hear that the club do not have a waiting list for people to register their interest in moving to the SK1 section. Not all that surprising though.