Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Gutted I wasn’t in the section tonight, but financially it’s a strong hit taking the boy now so I’ll have to pick and choose the games in the section. But from a distance it looked decent and tifos were superb so credit to all involved.

Sound wise unfortunately it has been mentioned the acoustics are appalling so I didn’t hear much of the section at times but comments are saying it was decent.. 

I did notice the fatawu chant was started a few times but went quiet towards the end, has it been altered? 

Anyways good stuff and look forward to being in the section for villa 2 weeks.. not sure what it is about L1 but I don’t think I could bring myself to go in there lol I just don’t know why 

47 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Gutted I wasn’t in the section tonight, but financially it’s a strong hit taking the boy now so I’ll have to pick and choose the games in the section. But from a distance it looked decent and tifos were superb so credit to all involved.

Sound wise unfortunately it has been mentioned the acoustics are appalling so I didn’t hear much of the section at times but comments are saying it was decent.. 

I did notice the fatawu chant was started a few times but went quiet towards the end, has it been altered? 

Anyways good stuff and look forward to being in the section for villa 2 weeks.. not sure what it is about L1 but I don’t think I could bring myself to go in there lol I just don’t know why 

So I just learned this today, but it seems the stadium acoustics are designed for people who sit smack bang on the halfway pitch line. Sit at either end and you will be convinced the other end is silent.

Was absolutely bouncing from that period after the Vards goal up until the Spurs injury. That is KP at its best when it gets going. Spurs were rattled!

Thought the club did well lowering the music for WYS which was belted out well. Also not blasting 3 kungs immediately after the final whistle! We are getting somewhere at last!!

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Was absolutely bouncing from that period after the Vards goal up until the Spurs injury. That is KP at its best when it gets going. Spurs were rattled!

Thought the club did well lowering the music for WYS which was belted out well. Also not blasting 3 kungs immediately after the final whistle! We are getting somewhere at last!!

Email the club and show backing for it. 

I am

• Like 2

Got a sore throat this morning, always a good sign.lol

There were a few moments between Vards bagging and the injury where I actually couldn't hear myself above the noise, been ages since I remember that happening, probably F*rest at home in the relegation year. Fair f***ing play - if that's what we're like when none of us have any hope or expectation, maybe a season or two as the plucky underdog again will do us in the crowd some good.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Got a sore throat this morning, always a good sign.lol

There were a few moments between Vards bagging and the injury where I actually couldn't hear myself above the noise, been ages since I remember that happening, probably F*rest at home in the relegation year. Fair f***ing play - if that's what we're like when none of us have any hope or expectation, maybe a season or two as the plucky underdog again will do us in the crowd some good.

Said for a while, it will take some hardship to 'fix us' as a fanbase. Erase the high expectations and entitlement.

• Like 2

P block was really good, and not too much w*nker stuff going on between the fans either. same old thing though, depends where you sit to which sections you can hear. think i'll be sitting (standing) in p block mainly this season as was good in there

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Fans are better on night games ive thought this for a while.

This was even true in the early 90s . The theory was that the lads that played on Saturdays went to night games . Don't think that kind off theory would work with today's ticketing. 🤣

9 hours ago, moseeds said:

So I just learned this today, but it seems the stadium acoustics are designed for people who sit smack bang on the halfway pitch line. Sit at either end and you will be convinced the other end is silent.

Correct, it’s just the way the noise travels to ears, and sk4 won’t be able to hear much of the section. What’s pleasing to hear is now some of the ground are now catching on and trying to continue the noise. So if we love you we love you started somewhere, last night the family stand would continue the tune but not the words lol I don’t think anyone would expect there to be a vibrant atmosphere in the family stand though.. 

Been a long time since I’ve seen the whole kop as good as last night towards the end of the game!

Fans respond to pace of a game, intensity, desire and getting stuck in. Who’d have thought.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Correct, it’s just the way the noise travels to ears, and sk4 won’t be able to hear much of the section. What’s pleasing to hear is now some of the ground are now catching on and trying to continue the noise. So if we love you we love you started somewhere, last night the family stand would continue the tune but not the words lol I don’t think anyone would expect there to be a vibrant atmosphere in the family stand though.. 

I was going batshit in the family stand my son was too .. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Been a long time since I’ve seen the whole kop as good as last night towards the end of the game!

Fans respond to pace of a game, intensity, desire and getting stuck in. Who’d have thought.

Exactly this.   I've said it numerous times.   It's about tempo and positiveness.   Sidewards and backwards passing 99 times, is the enemy of a good atmosphere.

• Thanks 2