Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Didn’t think this deserved a new topic so sticking it here. Did we have a new stadium announcer on Monday?

Ive moved from Fam stand to Kop this season so don’t know it’s acoustics of where I’m sat but I couldn’t understand a word he said. Anyone else notice? Also rambling away during the Shakey thing was weird as had no idea what he was saying

13 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Didn’t think this deserved a new topic so sticking it here. Did we have a new stadium announcer on Monday?

Ive moved from Fam stand to Kop this season so don’t know it’s acoustics of where I’m sat but I couldn’t understand a word he said. Anyone else notice? Also rambling away during the Shakey thing was weird as had no idea what he was saying

Brad wasn't there and it was glorious. It was just the normal pa bloke.

Ps: I'm sure it was Birchenall rambling away on the pitch. Had no idea what he said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Filberts lovechild said:

I noticed that too

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

Brad wasn't there and it was glorious. It was just the normal pa bloke.

Ps: I'm sure it was Birchenall rambling away on the pitch. Had no idea what he said.

Yeah it was the Birch, think he was gonna read his piece then do the minute’s applause but us fans just started clapping immediately 

13 hours ago, niyaminski said:

Didn’t like the guy for Spurs.

They need someone proper. Strong Leicester accent. Add more personality to the announcements.

Man City’s one is good

Yh guy on Monday sounded like it was just his job the guy we’ve had for the last however many years actually sounded passionate like he cared for the club 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Generally quite good I thought. 

Fulham as bad as you'd expect.

Also fair ****s from our support for getting behind a very 6/10 performance. 

Fulham’s supporter culture is very weird and I do wonder what fans they had from

their Third division days think about it 

Edited by CosbehFox

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Fulham’s supporter culture is very weird and I do wonder what fans they had from

I quite like that Fulham's support is a bit different, but it's definitely gone too far the other way lol 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

It's a weird ground. Half old, with the old turnstiles and the cottage, then across the pitch a bloody swimming pool in a stand. 

Did enjoy the mixed concourse, thought that was good fun. 

Their new riverside stand was absolutely empty though, thought the tickets would've been snapped up. Assume the price puts a lot off 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

It's a weird ground. Half old, with the old turnstiles and the cottage, then across the pitch a bloody swimming pool in a stand. 

Did enjoy the mixed concourse, thought that was good fun. 

Their new riverside stand was absolutely empty though, thought the tickets would've been snapped up. Assume the price puts a lot off 

There's still quite a bit of the Riverside stand not open yet. Although, there were sections which are and weren't full yesterday. Surprising, given it was the first home game and the prices were actually at the lower end(for them) for our game. It was £75 for members in the general admission areas. OH has a FFC membership, which is why I sat there.

It is very nice though. Open 3 hours before ko with the early game on and 2 hours post match for the late game. It was still fairly full after our match with people having drinks and watching the late game. 

3 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Nah haven’t heard that one, know there was one about us staying up and another 1 or 2 I couldn’t understand 

I could hear something which sounded ole ole and no idea about the other content. 

I thought it was loud yday, but then I often think that and then the forum says is wasn’t so I’m not the best judge. Wasn’t sure how to react to fully grown adults in club kit holding signs saying ‘COME ON FULHAM’ to us when they scored. Got whacked in the face by a flag an Aussie wearing an American football shirt was carrying on the way out. He did kindly open my estrella bottle though, said it was his first PL match. Sums up Fulham I guess