Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I thought it was loud yday, but then I often think that and then the forum says is wasn’t so I’m not the best judge. Wasn’t sure how to react to fully grown adults in club kit holding signs saying ‘COME ON FULHAM’ to us when they scored. Got whacked in the face by a flag an Aussie wearing an American football shirt was carrying on the way out. He did kindly open my estrella bottle though, said it was his first PL match. Sums up Fulham I guess 

Fulham spent decades in the lower divisions and didn't have much of a fanbase. They had to do something to get people in and generally in the last 20-odd years it has worked.

In the season before these owners arrived we had crowds of 30k in the second tier. There is no excuse for the continued tinpot stuff and lower league mentality that we have. We should be much better than this.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Corky said:

Fulham spent decades in the lower divisions and didn't have much of a fanbase. They had to do something to get people in and generally in the last 20-odd years it has worked.

In the season before these owners arrived we had crowds of 30k in the second tier. There is no excuse for the continued tinpot stuff and lower league mentality that we have. We should be much better than this.

There is a lack of pride in the fanbase as to the size of club we are. Not saying we are huge but we are bigger than most clubs with what we’ve won recently. 

Fair play to the three blokes to my right in the first half, whose commitment to standing there silently with arms folded and looking miserable even extended to not joining in with "One Craig Shakespeare".

What enjoyment these people get out of football I'll never know.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

It's a weird ground. Half old, with the old turnstiles and the cottage, then across the pitch a bloody swimming pool in a stand. 

Did enjoy the mixed concourse, thought that was good fun. 

Their new riverside stand was absolutely empty though, thought the tickets would've been snapped up. Assume the price puts a lot off 

The mixed concourse was great. Fulham are probably the least offensive fans around. That said, their fans in our stand did come across as if they were there for a day out.

I didn't think our end was too bad. I was right near the front and was surprised to see everyone around me stood.

3 hours ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

What’s the ole ole one couldn’t make out the first one or two words 

Was going multiple times in the match
As well as Jordan Ayew there was Fuch off Rudkin and Rudkin's a Tw@t

Hear me out here…

Could be good that the club declined the expanded, centralised section for tomorrow.

The normal section isn’t even 50% sold yet, and an expanded section would probably lead to a similar percentage of seats sold. 

Although I know it’s still outsold basically the whole stadium (bar central East and West stand), the poor numbers are something that the club would certainly point out, if UFS were to request a permanent central section.

I know the real reason for the lack of sales are actually the price, and the shittyness of the opposition, as well as the fact it’s on a Tuesday night.

But I’m sure the ignorance of the club wouldn’t take these factors into consideration..

• Like 1

On 25/08/2024 at 16:33, niyaminski said:

A large portion of those in the Fulham end are Chelsea fans whose “second team” is Fulham. They just can’t get their hands on a Chelsea ST.

A large portion!

Source?

2 minutes ago, boots60 said:

A large portion!

Source?

My mates 😁

(Most of my mates who have a Fulham ST are actually Chelsea/Liverpool/United/Arsenal.)

Theres only about 8 though, so I know it’s a small sample space lol

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

All things considered I felt it was a solid effort from that corner tonight.

first 3 rows didn't stop, sporadic at best the rest of the whole section, certainly didn't make any points to the club about the need to expand or anything, especially when the away end made as much noise at the other end of the ground with L1 etc in between as well. sorry, it's in the wrong end of the ground

I was sat in row Z and up to where I was (didn’t really look behind me) and the ppl behind me, I thought it was a great effort for an early round league cup game against a lower league side.

The small section around me was going pretty much from start to finish. Couldn’t really hear the rest of the stadium from where I was but heard away fans on the odd occasion.

I know the result was a bit hard to take today but thought from previous games the section was a bit on the quiet side. Early days and I had to look at the songs thread to catch the new ole ole song (couldn’t quite make out what was said after won the fa cup) but that could really lift off when more join in.. 

any updates on fatawu chant being changed? 
keep slogging away people, we need more vocals to get the lads over the line because home is where the points need to be collected.. 

Thought it was decent in spells today in SK1

Wish we'd mix the song book up a bit though. Mostly seems to be 'newer' chants these days and they can get a bit repetitive IMHO

But good to see the vast majority staying until FT to show appreciation for the players efforts.

And for those streaming out on 82 minutes, you missed over 15 minutes of football.

• Like 1

I had to sit elsewhere yesterday due to taking a mate, was sat near the away fans. And I honestly couldn’t hear the kop at all, not a peep all game. As we weren’t far from the Villa fans that’s all I could hear for the 90 minutes. 

I’m normally sat in SK2 which can be lively when it wants, where I was yesterday everyone was just miserable, and started leaving after Villa’s second goal. There’s a horrible malaise which has set through the whole club, there were plenty of people who appeared just not to give a shit at all, say in silence all day and then cleared off early.

Club seems to be properly in the pits. 

• Like 2