Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 hours ago, Mon.is.a.god said:

Atmosphere was still shocking in big spells with incoherent chants from the 2 “singing sections”, but noisier than any game last season under Maresca.

It’s because we can’t hear each other.. 

• Like 2

For only the second time ever, due to mitigating circumstances I couldn't avoid, I had to leave a bit earlier yesterday.

Hated doing it and it felt weird and just not right.

But what I did notice, and I don't know if it was a coincidence, but a massive majority of others that left/leave early were heading towards the Welford Road direction and not the Upperton Road way. 

Having experienced a few times getting out of parking around the streets and Business' of Freemans Common (Something I never want to experience again) I reckon that has something to do with why people are dashing off on 80/85 mins.(Way before I actually did) It's ****ing horrendous trying to get away from there. Easily the worst place I've ever had to park for any football game, home and away, and that's including Man Utd which is easily second in my experiences. Great and handy for the ground but a good hour+ to even get out of there, then you've got Welford Road, Aylestone road, congestion, etc.

For every few mins you stay in the ground you are adding 20 mins getting away.

Surely has to be a big factor.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, westernpark said:

People walking out before end of game, whilst chasing a key goal on a 3pm kick off is pathetic.

Absolutely, you only have to look at Bournemouth yesterday to realise that leaving early to get home on time aint the wisest lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

For only the second time ever, due to mitigating circumstances I couldn't avoid, I had to leave a bit earlier yesterday.

But what I did notice, and I don't know if it was a coincidence, but a massive majority of others that left/leave early were heading towards the Welford Road direction and not the Upperton Road way. 

Having experienced a few times getting out of parking around the streets and Business' of Freemans Common (Something I never want to experience again) I reckon that has something to do with why people are dashing off on 80/85 mins.(Way before I actually did) It's ****ing horrendous trying to get away from there. Easily the worst place I've ever had to park for any football game, home and away, and that's including Man Utd which is easily second in my experiences. Great and handy for the ground but a good hour+ to even get out of there, then you've got Welford Road, Aylestone road, congestion, etc.

There is nothing to rush home to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ElusiveEd said:

I will never understand masses leaving Saturday 3pm’s early simply so they can “beat the traffic” even more so if living in Leicestershire. 

• Like 4

Worst traffic ever yesterday trying to get out of the city towards the (closed) M69. Right from Queens Road all the way through down past Fosse Park. Seemed to be an abundance of ambulances.

Perhaps I should've left earlier.

Was in sk1 section yesterday. What doesn't help the atmosphere is people who aren't invested.  I kid you not, two lads in front of me yesterday turned up about 3:13.  Proceeded to talk to each other, wave at their mates, watch little of the game and record each other on their phone "having a wild time" whenever a song went up.  Villa scored their first goal and they disappeared straight after.  Came back up even more pissed about 55 mins, made a few more phone vids of each other, villa scored 2nd goal and they left. Didn't see them again.  Seriously I know it's a free country and all that and what you do with your money is your business but 51 quid each to watch no more than 30 mins of football.  What's the point? And I daresay there were people who wanted a couple of tickets in sk1 together who would have contributed to the atmosphere but couldnt get tickets together.  

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Was in sk1 section yesterday. What doesn't help the atmosphere is people who aren't invested.  I kid you not, two lads in front of me yesterday turned up about 3:13.  Proceeded to talk to each other, wave at their mates, watch little of the game and record each other on their phone "having a wild time" whenever a song went up.  Villa scored their first goal and they disappeared straight after.  Came back up even more pissed about 55 mins, made a few more phone vids of each other, villa scored 2nd goal and they left. Didn't see them again.  Seriously I know it's a free country and all that and what you do with your money is your business but 51 quid each to watch no more than 30 mins of football.  What's the point? And I daresay there were people who wanted a couple of tickets in sk1 together who would have contributed to the atmosphere but couldnt get tickets together.  

If you’re talking about the same people I’m talking about, they were drinking out of some Lipton ice tea bottle (which obviously wasn’t Lipton ice tea) and the less sober lad started kissing everyone around him.

They were leaving just as the penno got given and caused the whole row to fall like dominoes when they bundled back to their seats..

I was with my dad yesterday. The guy was talking to him and made his miss our goal (as in he saw it off, but his full attention wasn’t on the game). My dad said he was a nice guy though..

In terms of the atmosphere in general, I thought it was alright. Picked up as you’d expect when we needed a goal. Boys at the front tried a new song but it didn’t really get going.

Edited by niyaminski

1 minute ago, niyaminski said:

If you’re talking about the same people I’m talking about, they were drinking out of some Lipton ice tea bottle (which obviously wasn’t Lipton ice tea) and the less sober lad started kissing everyone around him.

They we’re leaving just as the penno got given and caused the whole row to fall like dominoes when they bundled back to their seats..

I was with my dad yesterday. The guy was talking to him and made his miss our goal (as in he saw it off, but his full attention wasn’t on the game). My dad said he was a nice guy though..

In terms of the atmosphere in general, I thought it was alright. Picked up as you’d expect when we needed a goal. Boys at the front tried a new song but it didn’t really get going.

No it wasn't them, they weren't around that late in the game.  But it seems there are a few like that 

5 hours ago, westernpark said:

First half, I could hear a very short Rudkin out from L1(sitting in the West Stand).

Some guys in the section instead of the new Jordan ayew ole ole, it was Rudkins a c*nt ole ole lol

6 hours ago, westernpark said:

Also thought the stadium announcer was awful and couldn’t be heard. Didn’t even acknowledge debuts etc. I wasn’t expecting to miss Brad but he’s far better than the new lot

What's happened to Brad? And why didn't you like him? Always thought he was OK. 

We do miss the 'please welcome for xxxx' for a new signings and a 'welcone back to xxxx youri, Madders' as the teams are ready out. 

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

What's happened to Brad? And why didn't you like him? Always thought he was OK. 

We do miss the 'please welcome for xxxx' for a new signings and a 'welcone back to xxxx youri, Madders' as the teams are ready out. 

I’m sorry Brad, I was just indifferent to you. 
In all seriousness, I always thought we could have done better but clearly I was wrong.