Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Sat in the West Stand for the first time and could only hear Villa all game apart from the Albrighton chant (which I think they were joining in with). 

Usually sit in SK1 which tbf is loud when you're in it, but now realise a lot of the singing isn't heard all around the ground. 

27 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Sat in the West Stand for the first time and could only hear Villa all game apart from the Albrighton chant (which I think they were joining in with). 

Usually sit in SK1 which tbf is loud when you're in it, but now realise a lot of the singing isn't heard all around the ground. 

Highlights the importance for an expansion.

On 01/09/2024 at 09:32, MS0204 said:

Absolutely, you only have to look at Bournemouth yesterday to realise that leaving early to get home on time aint the wisest lol

Bournemouth away so fans probably wouldn't be allowed out anyway but I get your point...I think

17 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

What is with the away style security checks on the turnstiles now? Barriers, random searches. Most people walk straight through anyway, but it seems a bit overkill, especially nowhere near the away end. Nice to feel welcome at your home ground! 

Yep, this isn't hugely new and I think a few on here have said it's the new operations gang. I got a "random" search going into the ground on Tuesday, and had to turn out my pocket when I dinged the scanner (guess what, keys)

I'd like to know the basis of these random searches, because based on what I witness it's essentially whenever the person can be arsed or feels like causing someone an inconvenience.

If anything would drive me away from games at the KP, it's feeling criminalised going into my own home end.

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

What is with the away style security checks on the turnstiles now? Barriers, random searches. Most people walk straight through anyway, but it seems a bit overkill, especially nowhere near the away end. Nice to feel welcome at your home ground! 

suppose they have to do it in this day and age with terrorist threats etc, although they do do it badly

5 hours ago, WoodyFox said:

The stadium was designed to push the sound from each stand down on to the pitch this is why the players often comment on the level of noise being great which puzzles many fans.

30 minutes ago, davieG said:

The stadium was designed to push the sound from each stand down on to the pitch this is why the players often comment on the level of noise being great which puzzles many fans.

I often wonder if its the players just being nice.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, Bert said:

Anyone heard anything about why the usual stadium announcer isn’t there? 

Wouldn't have anything to do with the interview with vardy and the question he asked him would it......

3 minutes ago, Mon.is.a.god said:

I do swerve all the dogs around the stadium if I can. Not because I’m carrying anything nefarious but because I bring a packet of biltong as my in game snack to each match.

It never caused me any issues until last year at Chelsea in the cup. I had a dog put its nose against my pocket as I walked by and then sat down next to me. I had an open packet of biltong in my pocket on that occasion. I was then taken out of the que and violated by the security touching me all over and searching through my wallet and all my belongings.

The guy was adamant it wasn’t the biltong until I waved the packet near the dog and it went mad and sat again waiting for the treat. They took the dog out of service for the day after that. I’m pretty sure someone just brought their lab from home to pose as a security dog.

I’ve been dragged before for having dog treats in pocket, same story of insistence that it couldn’t be them, until I got them out and dog went crazy for them.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Probably something like illness.

He's been at the last two games.

48 minutes ago, Mon.is.a.god said:

I do swerve all the dogs around the stadium if I can. Not because I’m carrying anything nefarious but because I bring a packet of biltong as my in game snack to each match.

It never caused me any issues until last year at Chelsea in the cup. I had a dog put its nose against my pocket as I walked by and then sat down next to me. I had an open packet of biltong in my pocket on that occasion. I was then taken out of the que and violated by the security touching me all over and searching through my wallet and all my belongings.

The guy was adamant it wasn’t the biltong until I waved the packet near the dog and it went mad and sat again waiting for the treat. They took the dog out of service for the day after that. I’m pretty sure someone just brought their lab from home to pose as a security dog.

Do you more harm than the coke they are looking for, that biltong will, with the fat and additives 😂......although granted it won't make you behave as badly 😂

52 minutes ago, Mon.is.a.god said:

This has Cheese and his Dinosaur vibes and I’m here for it 😂

12 hours ago, WoodyFox said:

It is a bit demoralising reading comments like this when you try so hard to vocally back the team from the section. The stadium design is just weird. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It is a bit demoralising reading comments like this when you try so hard to vocally back the team from the section. The stadium design is just weird. 

Totally agree.. I’ve often came out of there thinking it’s been quite a good atmosphere, to then get home and read comments such as ‘all we could see is a couple of rows of lads waving scarves’ :unsure:

10 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Totally agree.. I’ve often came out of there thinking it’s been quite a good atmosphere, to then get home and read comments such as ‘all we could see is a couple of rows of lads waving scarves’ :unsure:

Yeah, it’s a difficult one for sure 

7 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Last season they stopped me going in with a woeful pie and chips I’d bought in haste at one of the vans behind the East stand. Not sure what they thought I’d do with it

2 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I sit in the Family Stand with the kids and you can't hear it at all but you can see you're going for it and the flags waving etc.

The players obviously hear it as demonstrated by their post trophy celebrations last season.

I think they do second half for sure. 

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Got to draw out more from all in the section. It’s becoming quite apparent how levels are so much lower first half usually with the players shooting the other way.

Do you think that’s why we always start shit?

I think it’s a bit more than attacking (or not as the case may be) the kop.