Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Got to draw out more from all in the section. It’s becoming quite apparent how levels are so much lower first half usually with the players shooting the other way.

I only take my lad half a dozen times a season as members but he always wants to stand in SK1 because of the singing.

My honest view is that there's too much reliance on the 40 odd UFS boys to get anything going. If the drummer stopped drumming and the UFS boys stayed quiet, I do wonder who else would take up the mantle to get chants started.

I think people have got a bit lazy and just 'assume' the UFS boys will start everything.

I admire what UFS do but personally I find a lot of their chants to be the 'newer' ones and can get a bit repetitive. I guess we could go to L1 instead for more 'old school' chants but I struggle to find two tickets together on sale there sometimes.

But I guess I'm also part of the problem though and there's nothing stopping me from starting a chant (apart from looking a twat when no one else joins in :D)

It's a weird one. Things never needed to be orchestrated back in pen 2 and 3 at Filbo, everything just happened organically. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I only take my lad half a dozen times a season as members but he always wants to stand in SK1 because of the singing.

My honest view is that there's too much reliance on the 40 odd UFS boys to get anything going. If the drummer stopped drumming and the UFS boys stayed quiet, I do wonder who else would take up the mantle to get chants started.

I think people have got a bit lazy and just 'assume' the UFS boys will start everything.

I admire what UFS do but personally I find a lot of their chants to be the 'newer' ones and can get a bit repetitive. I guess we could go to L1 instead for more 'old school' chants but I struggle to find two tickets together on sale there sometimes.

But I guess I'm also part of the problem though and there's nothing stopping me from starting a chant (apart from looking a twat when no one else joins in :D)

It's a weird one. Things never needed to be orchestrated back in pen 2 and 3 at Filbo, everything just happened organically. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

This conversation will keep going round in a circle in this thread, and it has been mentioned many times before. I admire everything ufs do for the section, the club and for its fellow supporters. But to be fairer to some others in the section who will actively start a chant opposed to a couple of seasons back when they wouldn’t so fair play to those people. It’s going in the better direction. 

I think some fans may have the same opinion as me, and that they know when a chant is being slightly overkill and a new one will be started, in which case the lads will turn round and adjust the drum beat accordingly. I am all for the drum and the different type of cultures they bring into the stadium. It’s just moving along with the times as most clubs seem to be doing it. I think some people in the section need to let loose a bit, get your scarf waving, have a little sing song.. you might enjoy yourselves lol

16 hours ago, davieG said:

The stadium was designed to push the sound from each stand down on to the pitch this is why the players often comment on the level of noise being great which puzzles many fans.

Not sure how true that is, was sat on the 2nd row and didn't really make a difference

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

Some interesting points, I will reply later.

1 hour ago, WoodyFox said:

Not sure how true that is, was sat on the 2nd row and didn't really make a difference

I'd think the lower down you are the less effective and needed it would be.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

Firstly pleased your lad likes going to that area, I think going forward thats how it becomes a real success with getting younger people really into it.

I think the reliance on UFS is a very fair comment, to a degree I would expect there to be as the groups main aim is obviously vocal support. Your point on would others take up the role should they not be there is interesting, certainly more now do start songs which is great. It was evident in the one game where there was an atmosphere boycott from UFS how little was coming from others purely in terms of starting songs but that does seem to have changeed over time, a positive progression.

UFS have a strong belief in trying to sing and support for as much of the 90 minutes as possible. That does get on some people's wick as you see comments like 'wish they would shut up for a bit after we have conceded'. My personal view is there is a middle ground there, you don't want to be fully robotic and a slight pause to then go again louder I feel could be looked at.

The thing on the 'old school chants’ is that our song book looking at those ones alone would literally have us sining for about 5 minutes of the 90, so a lot of repetition would be needed which would just bore people silly I reckon. Like Molly Malone is what 25 seconds long if that so I do feel you need the new stuff which largely loops and has the ability to go on longer but go up and down in sound in terms of it being consistent but then say an attack builds and then more back the song.

I do though think there is a pretty good balance on a matchday as UFS certainly do bash out the looping stuff as well as 'Oh when the blues', 'Molly Malone', "forever and ever' etc.

Do though as I stated originally need to get more in the wider section singing and certainly more in first halves when the team shoots the other way. 

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It is a bit demoralising reading comments like this when you try so hard to vocally back the team from the section. The stadium design is just weird. 

I said this loads last season as I sat in different areas of the ground each game but people didn't want to hear it, thought I was a trouble maker for highlighting it and in the end some melt banned me from the thread. I'm assuming my apology is in the post by whoever did it

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Firstly pleased your lad likes going to that area, I think going forward thats how it becomes a real success with getting younger people really into it.

I think the reliance on UFS is a very fair comment, to a degree I would expect there to be as the groups main aim is obviously vocal support. Your point on would others take up the role should they not be there is interesting, certainly more now do start songs which is great. It was evident in the one game where there was an atmosphere boycott from UFS how little was coming from others purely in terms of starting songs but that does seem to have changeed over time, a positive progression.

UFS have a strong belief in trying to sing and support for as much of the 90 minutes as possible. That does get on some people's wick as you see comments like 'wish they would shut up for a bit after we have conceded'. My personal view is there is a middle ground there, you don't want to be fully robotic and a slight pause to then go again louder I feel could be looked at.

The thing on the 'old school chants’ is that our song book looking at those ones alone would literally have us sining for about 5 minutes of the 90, so a lot of repetition would be needed which would just bore people silly I reckon. Like Molly Malone is what 25 seconds long if that so I do feel you need the new stuff which largely loops and has the ability to go on longer but go up and down in sound in terms of it being consistent but then say an attack builds and then more back the song.

I do though think there is a pretty good balance on a matchday as UFS certainly do bash out the looping stuff as well as 'Oh when the blues', 'Molly Malone', "forever and ever' etc.

Do though as I stated originally need to get more in the wider section singing and certainly more in first halves when the team shoots the other way. 

What we said on here end of last season that was going to happen has happened. We’ve lost half the song book and it showed Saturday. A good few songs have gone, many player chants wasn’t used and the new one was circled around a small handful of the ones left over. 

I do believe that Jordan ayew one will belt around the ground when he bangs in the first PL one, it’s simple but effective. We need more like that which everyone will join in with.. in fact we need a bit of an overhaul. 
can anything be done with the mavididi chant which was a crowd favourite? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lionator said:

We need these in the concourses 

I've gave up buying beer or food in the ground as it's that bad, and far too expensive, and to hear nothing will be changing for another few seasons put me off further

10 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Hopefully the news tonight sparks a fire.

The next home game is against Everton, and their fans are going to be coming here with a bag full of chips on both shoulders after this. Spanking an out-of-form Everton and ripping it out of their already 'pretty peeved with us' fans should make for an excellent atmosphere. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MS0204 said:

What we said on here end of last season that was going to happen has happened. We’ve lost half the song book and it showed Saturday. A good few songs have gone, many player chants wasn’t used and the new one was circled around a small handful of the ones left over. 

I do believe that Jordan ayew one will belt around the ground when he bangs in the first PL one, it’s simple but effective. We need more like that which everyone will join in with.. in fact we need a bit of an overhaul. 

I do agree with this. I actually quite like the chants but they aren’t going to shake the foundations and people seem to prefer shorter chants like the Jordan ayew one. If it’s gets more people singing that’s what we need. 

17 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Thats the impossible question though.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

How was it yesterday? 

14 minutes ago, 09bballer said:

Not too bad at the front, pretty average I thought 

Like above, I would say average to poor. Considering this was the fixture that the weight had been lifted off the shoulders of the club I thought the place would be bouncing and especially being 2-0 up but it was average at best. 
Long periods of silence and then the gap would be filled with Jordan Ayew chant. 
Mavididi scored but no chant for him so went quiet not long after. 
Been in worse but not great by a long way..

(could be due to the fact that majority of the people especially 3/4 up to the back rows couldn’t see a thing) Of all the grounds I’ve been too that easily slots in my top 3 for never wanting to go back.. 

2 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Like above, I would say average to poor. Considering this was the fixture that the weight had been lifted off the shoulders of the club I thought the place would be bouncing and especially being 2-0 up but it was average at best. 
Long periods of silence and then the gap would be filled with Jordan Ayew chant. 
Mavididi scored but no chant for him so went quiet not long after. 
Been in worse but not great by a long way..

(could be due to the fact that majority of the people especially 3/4 up to the back rows couldn’t see a thing) Of all the grounds I’ve been too that easily slots in my top 3 for never wanting to go back.. 

One of reasons I didn't go. 

Also last time I was looking of a decent pub or eatery and walked round for over an hour and ended up just eating my own sandwiches 

3 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

One of reasons I didn't go. 

Also last time I was looking of a decent pub or eatery and walked round for over an hour and ended up just eating my own sandwiches 

It's ticked off my list but wouldn't go back I don't think.   That said I've been to Barnsley 3 times after being mugged for my fags by burly grown men as a 16 year old the first time, so never say never 🤣

Terrible journey, terrible view.  Atmosphere was ok ish I thought.  Didn't help that the blocks were separated by large walk ways.  Each block a bit disconnected from each other I thought.  

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

How was it yesterday? 

was alright, little different pockets starting songs from all over. stood down the bottom section and top, view was shite down bottom. someone kept farting in the top bit and stunk. nothing else to report, although did see 1 of the UFS fella's whos normal jumping up and down nonstop waving a scarf around all game in full mute mode all game, maybe had a sore throat

8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I knew our atmospheres would go stale when we got promoted. Half of our songbook from last year revolved around being promoted or Enzo. 

However the fatawu chant of going straight back up still remains. 
You can tell a mile away that fans ain’t warming to cooper as only one version of he hates forest was done yesterday. but what baffles me was if it was Enzo Maresca allez being done it would have been sung for alot of the game. Seems funny how fans complained about that yet it was coming from the home end also.. we are a strange bunch sometimes lol