Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

13 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

The fact of the matter is almost every teams home atmosphere sucks and is shit all the time bar a few games a season at most. In comparison to the home teams in away games I’ve been to I honestly think we have a better home atmosphere than a lot of teams. It’s just a shame that to have a better home atmosphere than most still means it is dreadful 

Yes true but what I do find refreshing and possibly distinct at Leicester is that it is very easy to get involved. Union f provide excellent comms, advice and opportunities to get involved. Just follow their Twitter page and you have no excuse. They appeared to be very welcoming and open to anyone on the boat at Fulham. Is it so easy at other clubs? A palace fan I worked with at my old job says the Nigel fanatics are a closed shop of Nigels. Granted, the opinion of only one Nigel and may not be representative. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

What can be said is it certainly is not helped by the club stedfast refusing to expand the SK1 section.

Absolutely we need a section where there is enough fans that can sing on their own and be heard from all parts of the ground so the whole stadium can join in with any chant at any point. But even if the club don’t expand the section formally people need to know to relocate to G1 and hopefully overtime we can have an unofficial corner 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

This has been done time and time again but these songs are totally different to singing a player has won more than the opposition team when he hasn't. Not sure if people are just not aware of their football history. A lot of people in the ground on Saturday would have been alive when Everton would at least three, maybe even four, of their top division titles and two of their FA Cups. It's got nothing to do with winding opposition fans up either, it just looks stupid. I might start it on Saturday at Arsenal and see if anyone joins in..

So you've decided not one person is on a wind up and Leicester fans are just so uncool and wrong about it .

I don't really care what we sing that's factually wrong or right.  Just that we get a chance to be as loud as possible. 

There's been a lot of fair points made, just think it's important to add the Fulham of the Midlands tag isn't my own opinion, it's what I've seen bandied about here and there. This is how the club is often viewed unfortunately, but it goes without saying that the comparison with Fulham is solely down to the use of clappers, not in terms of club size or level of support. 

• Like 2

I’ve said this before, there is nothing wrong with going through the player chants and not waiting until they’ve made a darting run.. 

let’s sing about players even when they ain’t on the pitch.. why? Why not :dunno: save having the same 6-8 chants on loop for 90 mins.. 

and reverting back to the ufs meeting and I know @Nolucklcfc was very vocal about it and spoke well about the subject, but we need and I mean desperately need more chants about the title win. Is there any chance we can start implementing the songs thread into the stadium as there are some crackers on there.. did the bilal chant get an airing on Saturday as if so I didn’t hear it.. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

I’ve said this before, there is nothing wrong with going through the player chants and not waiting until they’ve made a darting run.. 

let’s sing about players even when they ain’t on the pitch.. why? Why not :dunno: save having the same 6-8 chants on loop for 90 mins.. 

and reverting back to the ufs meeting and I know @Nolucklcfc was very vocal about it and spoke well about the subject, but we need and I mean desperately need more chants about the title win. Is there any chance we can start implementing the songs thread into the stadium as there are some crackers on there.. did the bilal chant get an airing on Saturday as if so I didn’t hear it.. 

Also I think any proper chant about our title win will likely get more involved. It’s such an iconic moment in our history, it’s amazing to me that it’s not sung about more. 

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We aren't. Off the top of my head I can't remember the last away I went to where the home end wasn't quiet. I just think atmosphere's have been sucked out of the game today, particularly top division and second division.

When we got relegated last season people said how Championship atmosphere's would be better but a lot of places I went to, if not all, were quiet. Even the so called "better" places such as Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds (the latter are brilliant at MOT and then fall silent).

You even have to look at the best team in England, yesterday needed their fans so much when they were losing yet they were quiet. The only noise were groans whenever their defenders went sideways with the ball.

There's got to be a reason why Pep, Klopp, Mourinho and even Fergie have all moaned about atmosphere's in this country.

Plymouth back in April was genuinely about the best I've ever seen in this country. All four stands on numerous occasions and for pretty much 90 minutes as well. That is another ground that was dead as anything the first time I went to it. It can get better if there's an effort made for it to do so.

I found quite a few last season were poor but when they got going they were good. Middlesbrough a good example. Pretty meh until they scored but fantastic afterwards and miles better than ours gets.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Fulham of the Midlands LOLLLLL. Can't think of anything we have in common with Fulham, one of the richest boroughs in the country with the average match-goer wearing fitted Hermes shorts after getting their beard trimmed at Stuart Phillips.

Arsenal is prob a fairer comparison. Generally quiet with very unoriginal songs. We STILL sing who came third in a two horse race to Spurs. I remember a post on here from a bloke who got bullied at school in the 1970s by Liverpool fans as his justification for singing feed the scousers!

I remember when we were considered the Millwall of the Midlands - Obviously not great in many aspects but the south stand kop at Leicester was considered formidable back in the day 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I remember when we were considered the Millwall of the Midlands - Obviously not great in many aspects but the south stand kop at Leicester was considered formidable back in the day 

Shame the club doesn't give our current Kop a chance at all now

5 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Great read from the green brigade.. every team seems to be feeling it as previously mentioned.. however I can’t imagine Celtic have as many quiet games as the king power does.. 

IMG_3599.thumb.jpeg.a0da7d0a11e31fc99e32cda0ad4e7c0c.jpeg

IMG_3600.thumb.jpeg.d6a9e6b48408f768f77bc04744c348a2.jpegIMG_3601.jpeg.5bc84121fb8b3311eb48f5351a6e4746.jpeg

It's a different group from the Green Brigade, other end of the stadium.

18 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Fulham of the Midlands LOLLLLL. Can't think of anything we have in common with Fulham, one of the richest boroughs in the country with the average match-goer wearing fitted Hermes shorts after getting their beard trimmed at Stuart Phillips.

Arsenal is prob a fairer comparison. Generally quiet with very unoriginal songs. We STILL sing who came third in a two horse race to Spurs. I remember a post on here from a bloke who got bullied at school in the 1970s by Liverpool fans as his justification for singing feed the scousers!

Clappers

• Like 1

I've never been a fan of the clappers but Saturday changed my view on them a little bit...

There was a kid next to me in SK1 with his Dad and he must have been only 7 or 8. He was stood on his seat next to me and was bashing his clapper all game (kept hitting me on the arm the little bastard)

He knew the words to every chant and he never stopped singing - absolute legend.

He loved his clapper even though it annoyed the fvck out of me.

Maybe there's a place for them so the kids/older folk can get involved. I dunno...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I've never been a fan of the clappers but Saturday changed my view on them a little bit...

There was a kid next to me in SK1 with his Dad and he must have been only 7 or 8. He was stood on his seat next to me and was bashing his clapper all game (kept hitting me on the arm the little bastard)

He knew the words to every chant and he never stopped singing - absolute legend.

Maybe there's a place for them so the kids/older folk can get involved. I dunno...

Yeah they might have a place for kids, I just don’t see why they need to stand there at the turnstile and give them out. Just leave them in a pile and let those who want them take them. 

43 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I love how you hate them and the thing that might have convinced you to keep them is being bashed in the arm and annoyed for 90 minutes 😂

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Shame the KOP don't get off their arse and support the team even a little bit. 

Think it should be referred as the South stand from now on . Majority of people in there seem like the old South standers rather than Koppites.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Presume this was the kid and not the dad??!!!

• Haha 1